Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2017, 06:20 AM   #1

Something New In Hershey

We just got back from the Hershey Show and there were a couple of changes in the Entegra line up. I'd call these some 2018.5 changes for lack of a better term. There is now a 44R floor plan in the Insignia. The 44R in the Insignia is basically identical to the changes made in the Aspire 44R floor plan. The U shaped dinette is gone and has been replaced by an expandable booth dinette that actually does seat four adults comfortably. It is a power booth in the Aspire and a manual booth on the Insignia. You can actually get to the back of the bus with the slides in.

If you are planning on going this year, they have moved Entegra to the back area of the outdoor part of the show. It's a bit of a hike out to the Entegra area, but well worth the walk.

I wanted to see more at the Show but the weather turned wet and the couple that was with us had a health issue that forced us to leave without really seeing everything we wanted to. That resulted in us driving ten hours round trip to spend five hours at the Show.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0101.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	176554

Sorry about the picture being turned but I haven't figured out how to make it be vertical. This is the new expandable booth dinette that Entegra came up with. I think they may have gotten it right this time.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #3

Looks very similar to one I saw on a Londonaire we flirted with. Nice feature!
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Looks very similar to one I saw on a Londonaire we flirted with. Nice feature!

Dan, I think it is very similar to the setup that Newmar uses, although the table is just a drop down end which might result in some pinched kiddie fingers if someone isn't careful. Overall I think they solved the issues of no booth available that many of us with kids prefer. Although my kids are gone and will graduate from college this year, I still like the booth for grandkids and even playing cards or games with friends.

This one will allow someone to access the bathroom with the slides in without having to walk over someone sitting at the booth. The only thing we really didn't like is the couch has a log cushion. What I mean by that is the distance from the back of the couch to the front edge of the cushion seems excessive. Unless one has very long legs the couch results in an automatic slouch.

Ed
Old 09-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #5

Flipped picture from above
Mike
Attached Images

siammike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #6

Thanks for correcting my posting of a picture. I can navigate the tax code but can't figure out how to post a picture correctly!

As a side note, the Entegra website has the 44R floorplan on the Insignia part of the site, but not on the Aspire side yet.

I asked Chuck from Entegra if there were any plans to make an Anthem 44R and his response was not at this time.