Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2017, 08:22 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
For those that have been chasing intermittent popping in the front end, Spartan now has a recall. Evidently the recall is to address Ball Joints that were improperly torqued and is a recheck of all Ball Joint torque specs.

blob:https://www.nhtsa.gov/a66d1b58-e0c8-...9-1c2f8e4d934d

The NHTSA reference is: 17V187
The Spartan Recall # is: 17V187000

NHTSA says this affects 1727 units. I would suggest getting an appointment sooner rather than later.

-Matt
Thank you Matt, for bringing this to our attention. This forum is invaluable and it's the members like you who make it so!
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2017, 08:25 AM   #16

Thanks Jamie but I can't take credit. Another member indicated this was coming and I've been getting spoiled up with Spartan.

I hope everyone is doing well in your family. I know things are tough right now.

Best Regards,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:49 AM   #17
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I'm still trying to get the specifics of the recall, but Spartan is slammed this morning as can be expected.

-Matt
I talked to Spartan 3 days ago about this recall. They are still firming up the repair procedures. They said they should have all the details worked out in 2 to 3 weeks. They told me to call back then and ask for Janae (Recall Coordinator) - she would have all the details. They will be sending a mailing to owners soon.

Now here is the fun part: It takes a SPECIAL 40mm tool to test the ball joints. Evidently they place this tool on the joint and if it is loose or POPS out - then you need the fix. If not then you should be OK... Not all shops have this tool so you will only be able to go to specific shops to have this recall checked out/repaired - that should be fun...

Per my VIN, I am on their list for this one. That's all I know...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Jamie but I can't take credit. Another member indicated this was coming and I've been getting spoiled up with Spartan.

I hope everyone is doing well in your family. I know things are tough right now.

Best Regards,

-Matt

My little man is putting up a great fight, and I'm amazed at how positive his attitude has been thru it all. The good news is he continues to respond to the chemo, and that's all that matters!! We like to say, "we're not looking at the mountain, just the next step". His treatment plan is another 2.5 years and I'm hoping and praying that he continues to recover!

I come here and read the forum regularly because it takes my mind off of other stresses. We haven't been able to Rv much this past year and I'm ready for my little guy to get cleared to travel so I can take him on an amazing adventure!

Thanks again Matt!!
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:04 AM   #19

Very interesting that in a recall that word 'wandering' is acknowledged as a problem. I remember reading so many of those concerns from owners and just hope that this recall finds very few, if any, problems. That is a large number of motor coaches.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:19 AM   #20

Well, it is clearly stated in the NHTSA notice that it is the responsibility of the manufacturer ... "Upon receipt of final notification from Spartan, Jayco-Entegra will notify current owner on record of the Spartan recall providing Spartan contact info to locate the nearest Spartan Service Center for the Recall Remedy".

That seems pretty clear, and all of our data is logged into Entegra's computer system. To my knowledge, I have never received a recall notice either from Spartan or Entegra although there have been several for my vintage of coach since purchase which I became aware of here on iRV2.

If it is our responsibility to register (which I have now done but had not done before) with the NHTSA, then it would be a good idea for that fact to be discussed repeatedly (Like every 3 months) either here on iRV2 or also on ECOA's web page. I have never seen any indication that it was my responsibility to be sure I was notified about conditions that might be a threat to my safety from a defect in my coach..... Have others received direct notice from either Entegra or Spartan?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #21

Yes, I have. Steering hose line replacement and air module replacement.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #22

Gary, you probably know this, but I wanted others to know that NHTSA notifications can be set up for all of your vehicles.

-Matt
Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 AM   #23

Matt:

No, I didn't know that and have never registered ANY of my vehicles over my lifetime.... I always assumed it was up to the maker of my vehicle to notify me of any possible official problems. I have gotten such notices from Honda, and Ford, but to the best of my knowledge, never Entegra or Spartan. Possibly I am forgetting something. Now that I know, I have gone ahead and registered all my current vehicles, and as I said above, if it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that I am appropriately notified, then I have learned something new and now will forever, perform that chore. Not the first time that I have learned something new on here.....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:17 AM   #24

Gary, I do believe it is the legal responsibility of the manufacturer to notify you of recalls. My experience has been spotty at best with both passenger vehicles and RVs.

Registering with NHTSA is a supplemental, and I feel necessary method to avoid falling through the cracks.

I hope this helps explain the thought process for me.

Best Tegards,

-Matt
Old 03-31-2017, 10:35 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a question for the forum. Does the recall go by the Spartan manufacture year or the Entegra model year? According to what I see my 2014 Entegra is not affected BUT my chassis is a 2013. Hmmmmm.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #26

I don't quite understand why 2012-2013 and 2015-2018 Anthems are included in the recall but NOT 2014. Can someone help me understand the 2014 Anthem exclusion?
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:20 PM   #27

I tried entering my Vin# in the gov. website and they wont take it. I used all 17 numbers and letters on the title.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:48 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I tried entering my Vin# in the gov. website and they wont take it. I used all 17 numbers and letters on the title.

What is be possible that you entered a wrong character? If it is like my vin the sixth character is the number 1 not an I.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, spartan