Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #1

Spartan Came Through

About a 2 months ago I noticed some red fluid dripping from the rear of the Entegra. I finally found time to put it in the shop last night. Today Spartan called and said that they were shipping a new radiator and a few more things that they said needed fixed too.

It's nice working with a company that doesn't require fighting to get things fixed
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #2

Yep, your 2015 is a prime candidate for having at least one new radiator.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:32 AM   #3

I also discovered a fluid spot by the radiator of my 2017 Anthem w 5,000 miles this week. At first, didn't know what I was looking at. Fortunately, I follow the earlier messages about radiator leaks and the light went off! lol. We live close to Entegra and contacted them and Joyce followed up and is working to get this issued corrected.
Wonderfully feeling having the Entegra team covering your back.
I'll follow up after repair and update on corrective action.
TgovSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Dave and Ginny, I have a 2015 Cornerstone which just got a new radiator put in and finished today. I, 've had the same experience. Certainly makes a bad situation tolerable.
JMD VENTURES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Dave and Ginny, I have a 2015 Cornerstone which just got a new radiator put in and finished today. I, 've had the same experience. Certainly makes a bad situation tolerable.
JMD VENTURES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD VENTURES View Post
Yes it is....even the shop that's working on it said that Spartan was easy to work with and on the ball.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #7

We had the radiator replaced on our 13 Aspire and on our 16 Anthem. Cummins handled both of them with Spartan with no issues. No issues at all after replacement.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #8

We have had a similar experience with Spartan. We discovered the radiator leaking while packing up from a tailgate. I contacted spartan first thing Monday morning and spoke with Shane Gonser who I was told dealt with the radiator issues! We sent photos and had the new radiator on the way that afternoon with it arriving Wednesday at noon. We had it installed by Thursday afternoon. It initially took some convincing for them to ship directly to us as we self performed the exchange. We did not charge spartan for the labor involved. Our option was to wait 3 to four weeks to have it done under warranty by the local spartan authorized shop. My point is that we were back in service in 4 days as opposed to 4 weeks. The benefits far outweighed the cost of the labor!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum Eric Linde
Ericlinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #9

I took the Entegra to the shop last Tuesday for the work to be done. They called today and said that they were surprised how fast the parts came in from Spartan and they're putting her back together.

Although I'm not happy about the radiator developing a leak, I am happy with how fast the parts were sent out. At this speed it's only an inconvenience.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:58 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
I also discovered a fluid spot by the radiator of my 2017 Anthem w 5,000 miles this week. At first, didn't know what I was looking at. Fortunately, I follow the earlier messages about radiator leaks and the light went off! lol. We live close to Entegra and contacted them and Joyce followed up and is working to get this issued corrected.
Did you find out if it was the radiator on a new 2017?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:15 AM   #11

Wow--not my place to say--but it seems Spartan has a big problem with radiators--I hope for your sakes, that they are stepping up. More important, if 2017s are having problems, then Spartan still hasn't fixed the root-cause--so brace yourselves for a lot more leaks.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #12

I got the rig home today after the radiator replacement. While it was there they fixed 2 other recall items while they had the coach. From what I can tell everything looks pretty good.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
A quick update on our Radiator issue. This is not a" throw anybody under the bus" note just a real world scenario....
As the saying goes nothing is easy, I'm scheduled for December 19th at Entegra in Middlebury. Seems there just isn't anytime available for repairs on Spartan issues. My situation was complicated by additional Spartan Chassis issues, specifically, besides the leaking radiator, the ABS Breaking System is not working and alarm goes off every time the engine is start, annoying and obviously unnerving having anything with your breaks and the sounding of an alarm. Moreover, 2 Wheel well seals leaking and need to be addressed, this issue has been recurring since Spartan already replace 3 seals previously!!
Our 2017 Anthem has been great and yes even the Vega System for me is wonderful, but will be updated while we're at factory per the CS folks. We have a few minor issues to be address and am confident the E folks will do there best. The Spartan Chassis on the other hand has been concerning, troublesome, frustrating and costly (no cost for repairs just going back and forth and down time and basically we lost use of coach for a month!!). I will say that the CS folks at Spartan have been very helpful and have followed up on every issue. The difficulty is getting the work done!! Let me add in the holidays into the scheduling equation, coordinating Spartan repairs w Entegra issues plus (2 Warrantee) items makes for logistic around the holidays challenging. I am satisfied with the efforts and follow up the E folks put forth in coordinating Spartan and Entegra team members.
I'll keep you updated after our visit w Spartan and Entegra.......

PS I have passed on my Spartan issues to them directly. I had the opportunity to attend the Spartan/Entegra Academy in August and the program prepared me to recognize the issues and direct inquires to the appropriate folks at Entegra and Spartan.......Recognizing my own diesel experience and limitations the Academy was terrific and worth the time and effort. The E portion was enlightening.....
TgovSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #14

Curious--given the newness of these failures on 2017 models, what is there to suggest that the replacement radiator will be any better than the OEM one that just failed?
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spartan