Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis Recall

Has anyone else received the Spartan chassis recall regarding "the increased rebound travel associated with the 1253 model front suspension may create a binding condition of the sway bar end link."

I just received mine in the mail and was curious if anyone else has received one.

Jeff & Terri Burklo (Sophie & Louie / Yorkies)
2012 Aspire DEQ
2012 Jeep Liberty
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Another thread was recently started but had no responses.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/spart...-a-194286.html

You might try pm'ing the other member.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Another thread was recently started but had no responses.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/spart...-a-194286.html

You might try pm'ing the other member.
Will do.

Thank you.
Jeff
Old 03-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #4

Received mine today. Will take our 2014 Aspire 44U in next week.
Dwd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwd40 View Post
Received mine today. Will take our 2014 Aspire 44U in next week.
Dwd40. I noticed you are from Texas. I'm in San Antonio and am planning on taking mine to an authorized dealer here. Where are you planning on taking your coach? Right now mine is at CW in New Braunfels getting some prep work done. So I might be heading to the authorized dealer next week as well. (Need to schedule though).

Jeff
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #6

I checked on the Spartan Webb site for an authorized service provider, and the Holt Cat place in Pflugerville (on service road off I35) is the closest place for me. I plan to check on availability of a service appt this Monday.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #7

Jeff, have you ever used "Iron Horse" there in San Antonio? I'm not sure they are an authorized Spartan repair facility, but I would be surprised if they weren't. We've had service work done there, and I believe they are about as honest and reliable as you will ever find. Good people...
Old 03-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Jeff and DWD40. We are in San Antonio and hopefully picking up our Aspire 44u in the next month or so. We are going for a factory tour next week in Middlebury and I'm going to ask about the recall.

Where is the closest Entegra/Spartan authorized service center?. I've been to Iron Horse and Texas RV locally. Both do good work. Hope to meet you soon.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwd40 View Post
Jeff, have you ever used "Iron Horse" there in San Antonio? I'm not sure they are an authorized Spartan repair facility, but I would be surprised if they weren't. We've had service work done there, and I believe they are about as honest and reliable as you will ever find. Good people...
Dwd40. I have not tried Iron Horse but they are not listed on Spartan Chassis website as an authorized service provider. But I prefer a recommendation from other Entegra owners and will give them a call to check. Thanks for the recommendation.

Let us know how your repair goes.

That's what I love about this forum - we can all provide recommendations based on experience.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 03-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plozano View Post
Jeff and DWD40. We are in San Antonio and hopefully picking up our Aspire 44u in the next month or so. We are going for a factory tour next week in Middlebury and I'm going to ask about the recall.

Where is the closest Entegra/Spartan authorized service center?. I've been to Iron Horse and Texas RV locally. Both do good work. Hope to meet you soon.
Plozano. Well first congratulations and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. We have had our Aspire DEQ for two years and love it. I'm sure you have read about some of the problems, although most minor but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since we have had very few / minor issues. And all of them have been handled professionally by the fabulous CS at Entegra. Also be sure to read the posts on the checklist of it poems when picking up your coach. They are very informative!!!

Right now we have our MH in the shop at Camping World in New Braunfels, Tx. Although they don't do Entegra warranty work, they do work on the coach, and if it is warranty Entegra has reimbursed us quickly. We have had three coaches and each has been worked on by CW. I have had no issues with them and they are professional. I believe the nearest 'official' Entegra warranty dealer is MHSRV in Alvarado, Tx (about three hours away). I have not had any work done by them so don't have any recommendation, but I think there are other threads about MHSRV on this forum.

Our next trip will be in May to the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon. Looking forward to getting back on the road.

Hope that helps! And as others have said your not official until pictures are posted. Would love to get a Texas Rally going for the Texas Entegra owners. Buckhorn Lake Resort, Kerrville, Tx would be a great location....thoughts?

Jeff & Terri
2012 Aspire DEQ
2012 Jeep Liberty
Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you! for this post. Our chassis was built in Jan 2013 so this post was sent to LD so they could check while our coach is still there for the corrective work before delivery. Thank you for letting us non-registered owners know as well. The value of this forum
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I seems to me if it was sent to Aspire owners, it would not apply to an Anthem, as they have different front suspensions.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thank you! for this post. Our chassis was built in Jan 2013 so this post was sent to LD so they could check while our coach is still there for the corrective work before delivery. Thank you for letting us non-registered owners know as well. The value of this forum
Chuck

Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well and your travel days are quickly coming to a happy trail.

Jeff
Old 03-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
As soon as we receive it there will be tons of pics. Buckhorn Lake in Kerrville is our favorite park. It is 10++!. We will attend for sure
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, recall, spartan