Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2016, 05:40 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Radiator Fluid

I emailed Charlie at Spartan because I had used all my Final Charge I got from Spartan this summer before I had my radiator replaced and wanted to make sure I had a gallon on hand - Just in case! Anyway... this was his response, so thought y'all might like to know as well, if you didn't already know. A lot easier to find!

Hi Lynn, I would recommend trying to find one of the alternatives locally if you can to avoid the shipping charges on liquids and there are other brands that you can use because they are compatible with the Final Charge (same type OAT organic acid technology).

- Peak, Global Lifetime comes in a gold jug and Peak actually makes Final Charge.
- Zerex, Dex-Cool which is a very popular brand and this one is even listed on the surge tank label.
- Fleetguard, ES Optimax is available at Cummins dealers.

If you still want to order some from out parts department you can call 800-722-3025 or online www.rvchassisparts.com

Thank You

Charlie Fisher
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 05:52 AM   #2

Pilot and Flying J have Final Charge at their facility, Napa and the like also usually carry it or it can be ordered at the store. Make sure you get the 50% diluted and not the concentrate.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've had no problem finding the Final Charge. I walked into a very small town NAPA store with low expectations but found it right on the shelf. The second time I bought some I think I found it at Walmart.
2020 Jeep Wrangler toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #4
PJL

My site glass was free of antifreeze 2 days ago. (Checked the night before I was departing, won't wait that long again!). Went on a late night search for Final Charge or the 2 other products listed on the reservoir tank. I finally found Final Charge at an O'Reilly's Auto Store. Autozone & Advanced Auto said they did not carry it, nor did the local Walmart. I tightened a few hose clamps, added less than a quarter gallon of Final Charge, and several hundred miles later, still have a full site glass. Planning on pressure testing the system next week just to make sure I don't have the start of the dreaded radiator leak on my 2016.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:25 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I could not find Final Charge in CA when my radiator started leaking. Maybe if I had run to all the trucks stops I could have found it. When LD installed my radiator they used Zerox Extended Life. I also called Charlie Fisher to ask if it was OK and he said that is what the recommended when Final Charge is not readily available. Good post Lynn and one that needs to be reviewed often until the radiator problems are finished.

I now have a mixture of Peak Final Charge and Zerox Extended Life, which is OK with me, I am still under warranty.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #6
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I emailed Charlie at Spartan because I had used all my Final Charge I got from Spartan this summer before I had my radiator replaced and wanted to make sure I had a gallon on hand - Just in case! Anyway... this was his response, so thought y'all might like to know as well, if you didn't already know. A lot easier to find!

Hi Lynn, I would recommend trying to find one of the alternatives locally if you can to avoid the shipping charges on liquids and there are other brands that you can use because they are compatible with the Final Charge (same type OAT organic acid technology).

- Peak, Global Lifetime comes in a gold jug and Peak actually makes Final Charge.
- Zerex, Dex-Cool which is a very popular brand and this one is even listed on the surge tank label.
- Fleetguard, ES Optimax is available at Cummins dealers.

If you still want to order some from out parts department you can call 800-722-3025 or online www.rvchassisparts.com

Thank You

Charlie Fisher
Unfortunately, both the sticker on my coach and Charlie are supplying outdated information regarding the Fleetguard product that is the correct alternate for our coaches.

Fleetguard ES Optimax is an obsolete product that has not been manufactured for several years. You won't be able to find it.

The proper Fleetguard product to use if you can't find Final Charge is "Fleetguard ES Compleat OAT".

Note that the "OAT" at the end of that name is critical, as Fleetguard has another product with a very similar name (but without "OAT" in the name) that is not compatible.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here's a link to FleetCool products and compatibility with other coolants:

https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/pdfs/product_lit/americas_brochures/LT36262.pdf

And here's one to their list of their cooling brochures:

https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/ht...a/cooling.html
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #8

Pep boys carrys it and I have found it at Walmart. It is in a black gallon.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:37 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
My experience is quite different than what I am seeing reported here. I went to like 15 different auto-parts stores truckstops, Walmarts and the like, and never found this product. I had to order a case of it from O'Reilly's....

Very frustrating!

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2013 Aspire DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:15 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Pat, according to Charlie Fisher at Spartan you are not the first. That is why it is now OK to use one of the other approved coolants including mixing them as a Spartan shop, Lazy Days, did on my coach.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:45 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Pat, according to Charlie Fisher at Spartan you are not the first. That is why it is now OK to use one of the other approved coolants including mixing them as a Spartan shop, Lazy Days, did on my coach.
Yeah, NOW they say mixing compatable coolants is okay. Not so two years ago when I was stranded in Alabama trying to find this mystical leprechaun fluid. Depending on the area of the country it may be in "every Walmart". When I mixed fluids I was forced to pay for a flush and fill to the tune of $500 to maintain my engine warranty.
hogdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:05 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Yeah, NOW they say mixing compatable coolants is okay. Not so two years ago when I was stranded in Alabama trying to find this mystical leprechaun fluid. Depending on the area of the country it may be in "every Walmart". When I mixed fluids I was forced to pay for a flush and fill to the tune of $500 to maintain my engine warranty.
It is crazy and may turn into an Aqua Hot fluid situation. A few years ago it was OK to mix pink and green boiler fluid. Today that is a big no-no. At least with my coolant mixing it was done by a Spartan shop with Spartan's approval. My 5 year engine warranty is on Spartan shoulders if it should fail due to coolant.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #13

A few months back when I replaced my radiator Cummins wanted to use their fluid. I went and purchased the Final Charge. I am still using the Pink fluid in my Aqua Hot. I think I am going to keep it that way. If I wanted to be a test pilot, I would have joined the Air-Force.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:20 AM   #14

every loves sells it 12 bucks a gallon.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid, radiator, spartan