Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #1

Spartan Safety Recall

Got a letter from Spartan. Recall 14V-747.

It covers a quick release valves. If it leaks it reduces air pressue levels and could degrade the braking performance.

Called Spartan and asked if they could send a quick release value. They said I have to take it to a Spartan Rep. They will then inspect it and order one from Spartan.

Gave him my vin # to check. He said I need to have my Hydralic Steering hose replaced as that also was a recall. Never received a letter on that one.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #2

I just got a recall letter 14V-812 concerning castlenuts may be loose on steering linkage. Bringing it to a dealer on Monday.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by taraf View Post
I just got a recall letter 14V-812 concerning castlenuts may be loose on steering linkage. Bringing it to a dealer on Monday.
I will give Spartan a call and find out if my unit needs this done.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #4

One of the other owners of a new Anthem (back in November or December) on here had a loose tie rod that was close to a serious problem. Wonder if this is the same issue.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
One of the other owners of a new Anthem (back in November or December) on here had a loose tie rod that was close to a serious problem. Wonder if this is the same issue.

Gary
Will have them look at my tie rod just to check when they do the Steering Hose.

When traveling south to Bend Oregon two years ago. There is a rest stop about 1 1/2 hours North of Bend before you head down the hill with a 6 or more percent grade. At that time we had a RoadTrek 190 Popular. Backed out of the rest stop parking space and my left tie rod snapped off.

The tow truck driver great guy and a lot of help. Told us stories of all of the Trucks, RV and cars that have crashed because of problems they had going down that grade.

He towed us to a Hotel in Bend, helped unload the the van, my wife packs a lot of stuff. Waited till I got the wife checked into the hotel. Took me and the RoadTrek (Chevy 3500 Express Van) to the local Chevy Dealer. Dropped the Van (without any steering) got into a space. Took me back to the Hotel and he spend about 20 minutes on the phone with AAA telling them that they should cover the cost of the tow and kept making arguments with them of why they should cover the tow. He just did not want me to have to pay out of my pocket. He then wrote me a tow bill for $350.00 I wrote him a check for $400.00. He picked us up at about 5PM and finally left me at about 10:45 PM. Then drove back to shop in Pineville.

We rented a car the next day and drove to Pineville for my wife could shop at the tow drivers wife's quilt store. My wife spent $125 at her store.

Tags
recall, safety, spartan