Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #15

The Spartan Academy was outstanding. Mike, the 'teacher' actually knows what he is talking about. Not just book learning, he has been there and done it. I really appreciated the real world experiential knowledge. Not just flipping through Powerpoint slides and reading the text that was there. I went during a week when there was Entegra portion. PJ was there for that and I have the same observations. PJ knows the coaches and is very upfront and honest. I think if you have ANY intention of wanting to actually KNOW about the coach, not just drive it and pick up the phone every time something happens, you should do this.

Koni shocks... no debate. Get them!

I live in Southern WI and drive on 'bad roads' everywhere including Canada. They made a HUGE difference.
derba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL View Post
I noticed everyone discussing changing to koni shocks have anthems and aspires. Are the larger biltsen shocks used on the K3 chassis (Cornerstone) adequate, or are Cornerstone owners changing to koni's as well?
I don't have any issues with the ride in the CS...but when the road is bad...the road is bad. I'm not sure any shocks are going to soften some of the bridges I am going over up in the NE US.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim or Lynn, do you happen to have the part number for the Koni shocks. I will be changing mine this winter. Not happy with the way my front end handles and will do all corrections necessary.

What worked for me on finding Koni part numbers,

Call Spartan CS and with your Vin# they will tell you your front and rear Bilestein PN. They will also give you the Koni replacement PN. There were some shock PN's that were sensitive to year built.

Spartan had a problem crossing my front Bilestein # to a Koni # on my Aspire and suggested I call Koni to double check their #.

Koni phone #. 800 537-1085

Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #18

Shocks or not, I had a great learning experience and met some wonderful new friends.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 10-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Brian, thank you, the part number is bookmarked and I will change shocks as soon as I get home.

Pat, I don't know what the problem is with this front end. The Travel Supreme could be driven all day with 2 fingers. The Entegra has a steering wheel that is not straight and Spartan twice or Entegra can't seem to get it straight. I also have a slight wander that by the end of 6 hours your shoulders are sore from driving. Very disappointed with the handing and why I am trying to find an outside shop that knows more than the factory techs that can't seem to get it right.
That does not sound right at all, Chuck. As much as you may not want to, I think you need to return to Spartan and make them get it right. My coach drives like it is on rails, and so does my buddy's Anthem, which I have driven. Yours should be every bit as good.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:06 PM   #20

We were at the Spartan class in July with Jim and Lynn. We requested to have the Konis installed on our 2014 Aspire. Spartan told us that Koni's are not available for the Aspire due to the solid front axle. If others hear different please let us know.

Lee and Linda Hanson
2014 Entegra Aspire DLQ
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
2011 Buick Enclave toad
Lee Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
That does not sound right at all, Chuck. As much as you may not want to, I think you need to return to Spartan and make them get it right. My coach drives like it is on rails, and so does my buddy's Anthem, which I have driven. Yours should be every bit as good.
I agree Mark, but I think I am going to try Perry Legends on the way home. I don't feel like driving this thing another 1,400 miles home, then 1,100 back to Spartan. They have had it twice and I don't think they really care unless you are there standing over their shoulder. Mine was sent back by Entegra, I was not there to test dive it.

If Perry Legends cannot get it right, then I will take it to Spartan next July when we do our PDI and let them know there is something really wrong with this front end. Heck it only took me three rear ends to get one that worked. Why should the front end be any different?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #22

I'm going......Don't know when , but I am going.....

And Koni shocks made a difference on my Allegro bus

Rob

Charleston, SC
Rmallardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Linda View Post
We were at the Spartan class in July with Jim and Lynn. We requested to have the Konis installed on our 2014 Aspire. Spartan told us that Koni's are not available for the Aspire due to the solid front axle. If others hear different please let us know.

Lee and Linda Hanson
2014 Entegra Aspire DLQ
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
2011 Buick Enclave toad
Call Sparten CS with your VIN # available. They will provide you with your current Bilstein PN's and also the replacement Koni PN's.

This is what Spartan gave me the other day for my Aspire.

Front , Bilstein PN 24-187015, Koni PN 8805-1018 Spartan PN 0546-SS5-001

Rear, Bilstein PN ? not sure. Koni PN 8805-1009 Spartan PN 0485-SS5-001

PN's might differ for year so call and verify. Let me know if you get different info. This is for the I-beam axel.

Spartan may have a problem with the front PN but you can call Koni to verify at
800 537-1085
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
I was at Spartan Training this week with Tonyd51. We had a great time. Beautiful fall weather. I learned quite a bit. We had everybody in the class from owners of their 3-4th class A, to a couple who were RV dealers, to some ladies who had never driven an RV. Highly recommended. I think most beneficial if you can arrange it in your first year of ownership.

As for the Koni shocks I asked Big Mike about them what the deal was. He said he thought they really only were noticeable for the front end and their virtue was they have a three setting ride. He said the Bilsteins were set to some random engineers opinion of how a RV should respond to bumps vs the Konis can be dialed to a Max-Medium-Soft setting. He had seen most Entegra types were setting theirs to the mid setting.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #25

Quote:
The Entegra has a steering wheel that is not straight and Spartan twice or Entegra can't seem to get it straight. I also have a slight wander that by the end of 6 hours your shoulders are sore from driving.
I just got home after several long days of driving and this is exactly what I have (on an Aspire). The wheel must be cocked to the left to track straight on any road, and by the end of the day I am sore from pushing it to the left.

Where's that Comfort Drive? <g>
Old 10-03-2015, 04:14 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
I followed Spartans advice while there and only had the Konis put on the front.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:48 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I just got home after several long days of driving and this is exactly what I have (on an Aspire). The wheel must be cocked to the left to track straight on any road, and by the end of the day I am sore from pushing it to the left.

Where's that Comfort Drive? <g>
I had my steering wheel cocked off when I bought my Anthem. I snapped a picture of the steering wheel position when tracking straight and showed a nearby Spartan repair center. They popped off the plastic cover on the steering wheel, removed the nut holding the wheel, and repositioned the steering wheel about 2 notches. Took about 10 minutes. Perfectly straight now.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I had my steering wheel cocked off when I bought my Anthem. I snapped a picture of the steering wheel position when tracking straight and showed a nearby Spartan repair center. They popped off the plastic cover on the steering wheel, removed the nut holding the wheel, and repositioned the steering wheel about 2 notches. Took about 10 minutes. Perfectly straight now.
Spartan did that, then Ted Cook and I sat in the parking lot and did it again....I am still fighting a crooked steering wheel. I wish they could fix mine as easy. I think it is going to take a real front end shop to center the steering on mine. I had it done on the Travel Supreme and it was perfect after that.

As for the shocks others have commented on.....this is my second MM chassis and it does not smooth the rough roads and bridges out as well as my first MM chassis did. Are Bilsteins the same shocks they use to be....I don't believe so, I think their quality has changed over the years. Just my experience.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
spartan