Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Just completed a dash from Omaha through SD, WY, Montana, to Blanchard ID. First, the 600 HP is a beast....70-75mph all the way. Mileage varied from 6.3-6.8. While that may seem a little low, we were barreling. The 6.3 was in crosswinds of 15-20 mph. The 6.8 was in the mountains surprisingly. That's computed, by the way.
We have the older version of the ISX and yes it is a "beast"!! Picked up my first speeding ticket with it in about 30 years. Just so quiet and smooth plus the cruise works differently. At 60 mph it's only turning 1350 rpm. I run most of the time with the "economy mode" on. Anything much slower than 60 in normal setting keeps the trans in 5th.
Computing mileage is OK, but it's not really accurate for us as the AquaHot and gen set both run off the tank.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
I just count it in...while it means the computed is slightly less, is really is reflective of the true cost of fuel per mile for total coach use. Beyond that, my view, and I wished I had the money to say this, but if you got the money for the coach, 1 mpg less probably aint going to break you, so I don't really get very anal about it.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree with DSL417 that if you are able to afford a coach the cost of fuel is not a great issue.

To me it is more of a game that I play to avoid giving extra profits to the oil companies. I think it is a bit over the top when they show profits that range into several billions per quarter. So while 1 mpg is small it represents a savings of up to 16% if you are making 6 mpg.

I also consider that if the engine is making the max mpg in all likelyhood the entire drive line is under less stress, the suspension is probably working less hard and the coach body as a result will not have as many issues.

Rationalizing perhaps . . . . but it works for me.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
To me it is more of a game that I play to avoid giving extra profits to the oil companies. I think it is a bit over the top when they show profits that range into several billions per quarter. So while 1 mpg is small it represents a savings of up to 16% if you are making 6 mpg.
Finally someone that feels the way I do I can afford the fuel, no problem, but I don't like throwing $ at countries that can't stand us. If the average is 7.3 mpg 5.7 won't be acceptable to me and I don't even have the luxury of a 600 HP.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry..can't help it...I have to respond to the oil company "profit". In it's annual statement, the oil companies show about 10-12% profit. Yes the oil companies have billions in sales, but their profits are in line or less than your local Pizza Hut who builds pizzas for around 50 cents and sells them for 16-20 bucks.

If you don't want to give it away, fine, say so. The universal, blaming the oil companies for their great "profits" isn't exactly the Satan that people want to make it out to be. There are a lot of businesses that operate freely in the 15-20% range or more, including our coach companies, so rail at the whole business community if that is wrong. There are a heck of a lot of people in this country that have jobs because of the oil companies. Now if you want to rail at the oil and gas speculators that move the gas and diesel markets at the pumps for any hair of an excuse, then blame them...they are the oil and gas people that are making an enormous profit. JMHO

In the 5s versus seven, OK, something doesn't seem right about engine performance and that is something to dwell on. I simply pointed out that I was roaring at 75 mph. That enabled me to do a 1480 mile trip in two days...didn't have to, but did. and getting in the 6s while doing it...well, for me that was OK.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Sorry..can't help it...I have to respond to the oil company "profit". In it's annual statement, the oil companies show about 10-12% profit. Yes the oil companies have billions in sales, but their profits are in line or less than your local Pizza Hut who builds pizzas for around 50 cents and sells them for 16-20 bucks.

If you don't want to give it away, fine, say so. The universal, blaming the oil companies for their great "profits" isn't exactly the Satan that people want to make it out to be. There are a lot of businesses that operate freely in the 15-20% range or more, including our coach companies, so rail at the whole business community if that is wrong. There are a heck of a lot of people in this country that have jobs because of the oil companies. Now if you want to rail at the oil and gas speculators that move the gas and diesel markets at the pumps for any hair of an excuse, then blame them...they are the oil and gas people that are making an enormous profit. JMHO

In the 5s versus seven, OK, something doesn't seem right about engine performance and that is something to dwell on. I simply pointed out that I was roaring at 75 mph. That enabled me to do a 1480 mile trip in two days...didn't have to, but did. and getting in the 6s while doing it...well, for me that was OK.

X2! Couldn't agree more. We pay as much for bottled water as for fuel. I only hear bitching about the fuel and the evil oil companies. Thank God for them.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Of course we need oil companies and they provide employment. We need their product. Just seems kind of amazing that in spite of their seemingly individuality and autonomy they all seem to change their prices at the same time. In my neck of the woods the entire city (including outlying areas) all brands will change price within 4 hours. Just saying . . . must be coincidence.

Not that they don't have any competition. What start up company would be able to start up or even compete with them should they be able to come up with enough money to establish a source of crude, build a refinery and develop a distribution system.

Not too many years ago the price at the pump seemed to be tied in to the price of the barrel of oil. Now there is no correlation with the price rising and falling at a whim. An oil executive was interviewed not long ago and put forth the theory that the price was volatile because the refinery had to add an extra "cracking cost".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...its_and_losses

Big Oil, Big Profits, Big Tax Breaks | RealClearPolitics

Profits for Oil, Gas & Coal Companies Operating in the U.S. and Canada - Oil Change InternationalOil Change International

I have a number of family and friends working in the oil industry so do appreciate the employment even though it is at the price of low well head royalties and high tax breaks.

The rationale they deserve high profits because everyone else does is not a valid reason.

Agree that bottled water is too high. But you can pick it up at Trader Joe's for 0.17, rather than 1.50 at a convenience store if you wish to drink it. Bottled water does not affect the trade and commerce that we need to distribute goods around our country.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
I guess I picked the the wrong forum to make a statement about MY fuel millage. Maybe I shouldn't have sold my oil company stock.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Hey...if you're doing in the 5s, as I acceded, something engine wise sounds wrong and deserves attention.

BTW, this past year, for the first time in years, the US production met our internal needs last year.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #52

I LIKE oil companies. I am an old farmer with some royalty and the last few years they have drilled some horizontal wells on us allowing us to enjoy Entegra coaches that we would have been unable to afford, so for us 😄. We are certainly not alone, the oil business keeps the doors open and the lights on all across Oklahoma and many other parts of the country. AND it is certainly nice that we are sending less and less money across the big pond for oil. Sorry to rant but just had to respond. 🚌🏆
Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I LIKE oil companies. I am an old farmer with some royalty and the last few years they have drilled some horizontal wells on us allowing us to enjoy Entegra coaches that we would have been unable to afford, so for us 😄. We are certainly not alone, the oil business keeps the doors open and the lights on all across Oklahoma and many other parts of the country. AND it is certainly nice that we are sending less and less money across the big pond for oil. Sorry to rant but just had to respond. 🚌🏆
We kinda like them too since we're invested in some of those oil wells in Creek and Okfuskee counties Oklahoma. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel