Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2016, 05:12 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Speedco and lube points.

I had my first oil change at Speedco on the GA/FL line at exit 2. They did an outstanding job on changing the oil, adding a Fumoto drain valve, changing the oil and both fuel filters.

However, changing my front shocks yesterday I noticed more than half of my grease fittings were dry. Next time I will give the tech a Spartan lube points print out or get in the pit myself. Don't trust Speedco to get all of the lube points on a MH, they miss a lot. Just passing on what I saw on my MH.

I can now see why the comment has been made that Spartan finds so many dry lube points on their 44 point inspection.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2016, 05:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I had my first oil change at Speedco on the GA/FL line at exit 2. They did an outstanding job on changing the oil, adding a Fumoto drain valve, changing the oil and both fuel filters.

However, changing my front shocks yesterday I noticed more than half of my grease fittings were dry. Next time I will give the tech a Spartan lube points print out or get in the pit myself. Don't trust Speedco to get all of the lube points on a MH, they miss a lot. Just passing on what I saw on my MH.
I can now see why the comment has been made that Spartan finds so many dry lube points on their 44 point inspection.
brobox

Whenever/wherever I have a grease job done I give the tech a copy of my chassis lube point printout.
Mel
'96 Safari, 147k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:38 AM   #3
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

Chuck, can you post a copy of the Spartan lube point schematic? I just had mine done at Speedco, and they told me that they lubed all 24 grease fitting, now I'm not sure that was all of them.

Thanks
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:55 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
That is very issue I have in having someone else servicing your coach.

There is really no excuse for missing any lube fittings. All the fittings are in obvious places, control arms, tie rods ends, King pins on the front. The one that could be missed is the u joint on the steering shaft above the steering gear. That one I need help from the DW to turn the steering wheel to get the fitting in the correct position to lube.
On the rear you have the two u joints and slip joint on the drive shaft.
Brake slack adjusters, brake cam shafts.
On an ISX there is the fan drive.

Again none of these are hidden you just need to know where to look.

I take my GMC to a quick lube place and there is only two fittings on the front end on the tie rods ends and they will miss them unless I tell them to be and sure lube. They tried to tell me the fittings were all sealed.

Chuck thanks for the heads up. Very good point.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:28 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
Chuck, can you post a copy of the Spartan lube point schematic? I just had mine done at Speedco, and they told me that they lubed all 24 grease fitting, now I'm not sure that was all of them.

Thanks

I will have to see if I have one, in my maintenance notebook. If not I will have to search for it myself.

Did a search here on this forum and Bhunting was kind enought to already post it. It is the second page of his PDF link. My printer is running now printing a couple of copies. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/diag...ml#post2876791
Old 03-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post

Thanks
I counted more that 24 lube points on the Spartan diagram. I think that's what they did on mine, only looked for the common points.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #7
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Chuck
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote