Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #1

Speedco Oil Change

Hello, Checking to see if anybody has been to the Speedco Lake Park Georgia location, I have a 2016 Cornerstone ISX 600hp will be doing a oil change and the Generator also, and how much you paid. And the Quality of service. Thank You Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
That is where I have mine changed each year at the end of travel season. Best one I have used of the two on I-75 in GA. However there has been a complete company change, purchased by Loves Trucks stops since I used their service last. Prices have changed, and can't say about that shop's service. Best thing do is call with the current price of their advertised package so there are no surprises that others have reported with other Speedco's. Also check filter availability and let us know, it will help others like me and many Snowbirds that head that way. Maybe one of them will report from this season.

Paste from the website.

Preventative Maintenance (PM) Package

Package Includes: Oil Filled to Capacity, Oil Filters, Fuel Filters, Fluid Level Inspection, Tractor Lube, Test Nitrite Level in Coolant & Brake Inspection
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They now charge a $70 surcharge for RVs. Same motor in a semi is $70 less. Is that fare?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
They now charge a $70 surcharge for RVs. Same motor in a semi is $70 less. Is that fare?
Is that the Speedco in Lakes Park? What was the total charge? I don't mind the $70. up charge, I am once a year where the same engine in a truck might be once a month, volume discounting.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #5

I just got my service from Speedco at Exit 2, Lake Park on April 23rd. I paid $282.93 for the full service. This included 2 fuel filters, oil filter, Rotella Oil & lube (non synthetic) Although I do my own lube, you still pay for the lube as it is part of the package. This included 27 Quarts of oil. Additional quarts are $3.67 each (bulk rate). I did not pay any additional surcharge due to an RV. The only thing different from Speedco owned by Bridgestone to the new Speedco owned by Loves is that they break down the fees, but everything added up to $282.93 without tax. This is my 4th RV Service. No line, got right in. I was able to watch everything, verified the oil level on the dip stick and was on my way in about 45 minutes.
As for the Generator Service, I do my own because 6 quarts of oil is easier to capture and dispose of than 25 plus for the main motor.

Generator Basic service is 6 quarts of oil and oil filter, about 50 bucks. I use Full Synthetic in the Generator because it runs at a higher RPM and is only 6 quarts. I don’t know if Speedco services Generators, but a call will verify.

I’m very pleased with Speedco, at least the Lake Park location.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:13 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Cutch, thanks for that report. That is about the same I paid on my last stop at Lakes Parks when it was Speedco. It was around $275. I have always had good service from Lakes Park, the one in Macon, not the same. Thanks for your report, Lakes Park will be my stop on the way home each year.

I also do my own generator but for those that don't, carry the WIX 51307, or NAPA 1307 filter for the generator and Speedco will be happy to do it. Some shops will have the generator filter, other will not. The WIX is an $8.00 filter and worth carrying as a spare.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #7

I paid $485 +/- for complete oil and lube at Speedco in Casa Grande, AZ. The only new charge was ~ 40 for a computerized oil analysis since I was having an overheating problems with the Cummins. So, low to mid $400 for the service.
Now, that was for an X-15 605 HP engine. That is roughly double the amount of oil that the previous owner reported (52 quarts).

I have always found that the service is excellent. They completely cover feet if they come in the coach, they use a calibrated torque wrench to set any and all plugs after removal, which you must certify by listening to the ratchet click when tight. They pre-fill all filters. They have a big lot to turn around in and you can stage there a while before you hit the road. They have always been courteous and they are quick if you are one of the three units in the service area. I have no complaints. Professional operation.

They are a bit more expensive.... I think that I paid in the $325 to $350 area for my ISL-450 on my Anthem. The Cornerstone engine is bigger and therefore, I assumed I was going to pay more. No problems.

Many big truck service shops (Detroit Diesel and even Cummins) are going to be up in the $700-$900 area for basic service, in my experience.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, Did Speedco have the Racor fuel filters for the 605?
Old 05-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #9

Racor for air dryer? Just re-read, you said fuel.... No I got the standard Fleetguard fuel filter as a replacement, same that they took off.

They installed Fleetguard filters for all filters (fuel, oil)

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Racor for air dryer? Just re-read, you said fuel.... No I got the standard Fleetguard fuel filter as a replacement, same that they took off.

They installed Fleetguard filters for all filters (fuel, oil)

Gary
The main fuel filter is a Racor S3238P but there is also a Fleetgard with the same number. They use to be impossible to find. Glad they have them now. That will save me looking for them and I'll buy my spares there too. Thanks, big help.