Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2019, 06:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
We did learn that you can't turn off the generator and expect to watch TV without the AGS triggering a start...and a stop...and a start...and a stop... [emoji849] It definitely works. [emoji57]
That was my problem with the AGS in the Monaco, and the reason I've never used it in the Aspire. It's not easy to get it right with it triggered by voltage. Loads will sag the voltage considerably.

In the Monaco, with the BMK and magnum's AGS module, I could make it work by triggering the AGS from State of Charge. I guess that won't be possible with the Cummins AGS in the Entegra.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2019, 11:23 PM   #16

Not unless you were to remove the Command 30 and wire up the Magnum AGS. I believe this would be a lot of work but would reward you with an AGS that understands SOC.

-Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
That was my problem with the AGS in the Monaco, and the reason I've never used it in the Aspire. It's not easy to get it right with it triggered by voltage. Loads will sag the voltage considerably.

In the Monaco, with the BMK and magnum's AGS module, I could make it work by triggering the AGS from State of Charge. I guess that won't be possible with the Cummins AGS in the Entegra.
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #17

Great conversation, helping me reset my expectations a bit. Nothing plugged into the outlet in the engine bay so not the cause. Does 50 watts ac draw seem high with everything I can find turned off? Or am I expecting too much?

I do appreciate all the feedback though.
ResortMGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResortMGR View Post
Great conversation, helping me reset my expectations a bit. Nothing plugged into the outlet in the engine bay so not the cause. Does 50 watts ac draw seem high with everything I can find turned off? Or am I expecting too much?

I do appreciate all the feedback though.
Did I miss reading if the 50 watts was 12V or 50 watts @ 120V?

Dam near everything plugged in that is 120V has a standby power usage. TV's Stereo, Sat receivers (these are are the worse) Sound Bar, Microwave, Dishwasher, stove, dishwasher, and the electric outlets with the USB's in them. I could see how all of these items would get you 50 watts @ 120V
Old 01-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #19

44 amps for 8 hours is 352 AHs. Seem like your L16 batteries are in good shape.

You just need to find out what's pulling all that power. Set it up and start switching things off.

A residental fridge should be about max of 20 amps while running. The run 1/3 of the time, if your not making ice.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #20

Background amp draw varies from inverter to inverter.....just keeping the inverter "buzzing" all night requires some amount of power.....not familiar with your L-16 bats but with the minimum appliances on, a little TV time before bedtime, and the propane furnace on low, I generally use about 300 AMP/hrs per night--give or take....that means I need about 600+ AMP/hrs [50% SOC] of bat storage to get thru the night in Q-site…..
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Adding L16 batteries to a classic Aspire might cause some weight problems on your front axel. Just something to keep in mind before you start changing them. Most Classic Aspires are running pretty close to max weight on the front axel when loaded out

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Last night was our first night in the coach without external power.

I shut off the Genny at 10:30.
I left the inverter on. I noticed it read 44 amps, considerably more than the 25 I figured.
I generally wake up repeatedly, so I figured I'd keep an eye on the voltage.

We'll I slept straight thru til 4. Inverter was flashing a red love voltage light. Genny wouldn't crank. ( Toilet still flushed)

I used the boost switch to start the Genny and went back to bed.

So what's up with a 44 amps load on the inverter?
Fridge was on but I'd turned off the ice maker. All the parasitic loads were on still.

The 2 L16's lasted somewhere between zero and five hours. Normal?

I'll do some testing to try to find those amps.
I'll also setup and test the auto gen start.
I have a magnum bmk I need to install, unfortunately it's at home and we're not.
And I need to see about adding 2 more batteries.
Yes pretty normal. So as you pointed out the 44 Amps the magnum remote displayed was just the power being consumed by loads connected to the inverter. There is even more power being consumed by direct 12vdc battery connected loads (like lighting, aquahot, etc.) that won't show on the Magnum panel without a BMK. So your total amp draw was something even higher, get that BMK installed to see the entire picture.

When we boondocked at Quartszite in our 2013 Aspire with only the 400 AH battery bank (similar to yours) the only way we got thru the night was to turn off the biggest consumer - the fridge. Actually better yet, at lights out I turned off the inverter altogether. That cut total consumption at least in half as measured by my BMK. You can charge your phones using the 12v outlets on the dash.

My current Samsung fridge consumes on average about 7.5 Amps/hour (with icemaker and defrost cycle active). Remember too the inverter consumes at least 3 amp/hours just being on. By turning off the inverter the fridge goes quiet and you also save all those parasitic loads from the TV's and such, the inverter remote panel still consumes about 300mA.

This is old info but here are some BMK measurements from my 2013 Aspire https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ms?usp=sharing

The fridge/freezer will stay cold if you don't keep opening it especially if it is full, we had wireless temp probes to keep an eye on it and never saw more than a 2 or 3 degree rise overnight.

For our current Samsung fridge, the power consumption measurements over time were taken from the E-Smart Refrigerator app which allegedly constantly tracks power used. Here's a recent screen dump taken on 12/28. If you do the math the consumption average for the month comes out to about 90 watts per hour.

voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:33 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for posting your link again Rob. I will review this before I go to Quartzsite to manage my power.

I'm a little concerned about my hydraulic filter leak and getting it corrected-hoping I can get it corrected in time

Good info on the power consumption.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:51 AM   #24

I HAVE THE BEST INVERTER REPAIR GUY IN THE BUSINESS....

YOU CAN SHIP IT TO HIM AND HE WILL SHIP IT BACK REPAIRED! AWESOME GUY

TEKRIS Power Electronics Inc.
Contact Chris or Shari
Phone: 888-483-5747
Wall Township, NJ
Howiechamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power