Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
https://reycogranning.com/wp-content.../D710551-4.pdf,
Larry, Could this be the sway bar info. Page 17

Paul
Hivoltmaint. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2021, 12:48 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Just one more item to add to my remodel. Can your sources comment on HOW MUCH, and when available? It would be nice to know how much difference the newer shocks will make vis-a-vis my Konis.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivoltmaint. View Post
https://reycogranning.com/wp-content.../D710551-4.pdf,
Larry, Could this be the sway bar info. Page 17
Paul, I believe that is the same as what Reyco Granning installed on my coach, but Brad should be able to let us know for sure.

Attached is an image of the page you referred to.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Reyco Granning IFS Sway Bar.pdf (270.2 KB, 60 views)
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Just one more item to add to my remodel. Can your sources comment on HOW MUCH, and when available? It would be nice to know how much difference the newer shocks will make vis-a-vis my Konis.
Stew, as you can see on the attached page, Reyco Granning builds their IFS series steer axles with Bilstein 46 MM shocks, Bilstein 60 MM shocks, and Koni 90 series shocks.

I don't know what the "90" indicates on the Koni shocks, but I doubt the Koni shocks are 90 MM. In any case, if I were you I'd be inclined to install the sway bar then do a road test that includes some significant dips. If you experience little or no porpoising, I'd leave well enough alone. If porpoising is sufficiently present to be bothersome, the shocks Bilstein configured for our test would be a good solution. In saying that, I'm assuming the Bilstein has or will have production shocks identical or very similar to the prototype shocks we tested.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Reyco Granning Shock Absorbers.pdf (742.1 KB, 54 views)
Old 12-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Yeah, looking at the exploded view of the sway bar, I need a complete kit part number![emoji23]
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Steer Axle Tuning–Spartan K3 Chassis–2018 Cornerstone

Quote:
Just one more item to add to my remodel. Can your sources comment on HOW MUCH[emoji33], and when available? It would be nice to know how much difference the newer shocks will make vis-a-vis my Konis.

Stew, what do you care? With all the money you’re saving fixing up that beater you’re driving![emoji23]
Old 12-01-2021, 02:38 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Stew, what do you care? With all the money you’re saving fixing up that beater you’re driving![emoji23]
Not to mention the ever-increasing value of his extensive real estate holdings in the thriving metropolis of Blanchard, Idaho!
Old 12-01-2021, 05:17 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
You guys must just crack yourselves up
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #37

HI Larry , what an awesome experience for you to be involved in , Congratuations and as usual terrific information for us to receive . I installed KONI Shocks in the first year of ownership and appreciated an improvement but the sway bar is very interesting . The Ping Tanks sound a lot like MCU's ( a lot of us former Tiffin owners installed those ) maybe better just not sure I'd install them. I would like to know cost and if sway bar is a DIY or needs to be done at a shop ?

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:44 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
HI Larry , what an awesome experience for you to be involved in , Congratuations and as usual terrific information for us to receive . I installed KONI Shocks in the first year of ownership and appreciated an improvement but the sway bar is very interesting . The Ping Tanks sound a lot like MCU's ( a lot of us former Tiffin owners installed those ) maybe better just not sure I'd install them. I would like to know cost and if sway bar is a DIY or needs to be done at a shop ?
Brian, here are a few comments for what they may be worth.

The sway bar is a great addition. When both steer tires are moving up or down in synch (or close), the sway bar has virtually no effect. But when one side is doing something different than the other as a result of a turn or an inconsistent road surface, the sway bar provides significant resistance to negate or lessen the body roll/lean that would otherwise be present. The net result is that the ride isn’t compromised much if at all, but drivability/handling is noticeably improved.

The aftermarket Motion Control Units (MCU’s) you mentioned are pretty simple devices. What they do is slow down the air flow into and out of each of the air bags. They’re rather pricey for such a simple device, but some owners really like them. You may recall a couple of Tiffin owners did some experimentation and found that small quarter-turn ball valves could be used to accomplish the same thing as the MCU’s for far less money. Plus the ball valves can be adjusted to provide as much or as little air flow restriction as a given owner wants to have. To be clear, I’ve never tried MCU’s or ball valves, so I can’t speak to their effectiveness.

The ping tanks are a different approach. My understanding is that by increasing the total volume of air on each side of the steer axle suspension the tanks provide a somewhat more comfortable ride. I’m sure Brad Boehmer from Reyco Granning can provide a more complete explanation for those who may be interested.

I didn’t personally install the sway bar on our coach, but watching the technician who did the work it didn’t appear to be overly complicated. I replaced sway bar bushings on one of our vehicles awhile back, which was a pretty straightforward project. Removing or installing the entire sway bar wouldn’t have been much more complicated. Bottom line, I don’t believe installing a sway bar on a Spartan K2 or K3 chassis would be all that difficult for an owner with decent mechanical skills.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:48 PM   #39

Quote:
You guys must just crack yourselves up
Comedic legends in our own minds...
Old 12-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Comedic legends in our own minds...

Well, yeah!
Old 12-02-2021, 05:02 AM   #41

Do you know the diameter of the sway bar?
RichardE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post
I searched last night, not very long, but couldn’t find a anti-sway/roll bar for a Spartan K2 chassis. Does anyone know a vendor or a part number?
Do you have a Reyco Granning IFS?
Reyco-Granning is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, spartan