Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2021, 06:40 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
The coaches do not have any sway bar installed from the factory?
You are correct if it is a Reyco Granning IFS. Our customer chose not to include them.
Reyco-Granning is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2021, 06:42 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivoltmaint. View Post
https://reycogranning.com/wp-content.../D710551-4.pdf,
Larry, Could this be the sway bar info. Page 17

Paul
Paul,

You are correct!

Old 12-02-2021, 07:15 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Just one more item to add to my remodel. Can your sources comment on HOW MUCH, and when available? It would be nice to know how much difference the newer shocks will make vis-a-vis my Konis.
The Anti-Roll Bar/ Sway bar is available now. The shocks will be available to order in about 6 weeks. The Ping tanks will be available to order in about 10 weeks. The long timing is due to the holidays coming up.

I am putting a post together on the supplier forum with pricing and should have that out by the end of the week for the Anti-Roll Bar/Sway Bar and Shock. The Ping tank pricing should be out in the following weeks.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyco-Granning View Post
You are correct if it is a Reyco Granning IFS. Our customer chose not to include them.
My buddy with a 19 Cornerstone says I walk away from him on turns and he has to slow down because his butt puckers up. He also says sometimes he feels the cross winds that I am not feeling.

We thought it was because of my outside mounted air bags on the drive axle and the Active Air. Never thought to think he also did not have a sway bar in the front.

I am now wondering if the new Foretravel's being built on the Spartan chassis has them. I will have to check into that.

Update: Looked like the 2020 IH45 with Spartan Chassis had the Reyco-Granning with sway bar. Can not find any mention of sway bar on the newer coaches then 2019 yet. When I am at the factory this Friday I will have to look into this.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:26 PM   #47

Foretravel changes their product offerings rather frequently. Currently their web site is showing three product lines:

Realm FS450 - Spartan K2 Chassis, Cummins L9 Engine (450 HP), Allison 3000 Transmission

Realm FS605 - Spartan K4 Chassis, Cummins X15 Engine (605 HP), Allison 4000 Transmission

Realm Presidential Series - Spartan K4 Chassis, Cummins X15 Engine (605 HP), Allison 4000 Transmission

My guess is that the K2 chassis on which that FS450 is built doesn't have a sway bar, unless by chance Foretravel told Spartan to include it.

The K4 chassis on which the other two models are built may come with a sway bar as standard equipment, but I don't personally know one way or the other. Maybe Brad can shed some light on that.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:02 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
The ping tanks are a different approach. My understanding is that by increasing the total volume of air on each side of the steer axle suspension the tanks provide a somewhat more comfortable ride. I’m sure Brad Boehmer from Reyco Granning can provide a more complete explanation for those who may be interested.

Bottom line, I don’t believe installing a sway bar on a Spartan K2 or K3 chassis would be all that difficult for an owner with decent mechanical skills.
Brian and Larry,

As Larry said the ping tanks are to increase the volume of air available to be used for each side of the suspension, which is similar to adding a larger volume air spring. Doing this reduces the spring rate of the air spring.

Also as Larry stated about the sway bar, with decent mechanical skill it could be installed.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:05 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
Cool test. Glad to hear they allowed you to be part of it. Assuming they have options for solid axles too? Specifically the roll bar?
What solid-axle do you have?
Old 12-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #50

Quote:
Brian and Larry,

As Larry said the ping tanks are to increase the volume of air available to be used for each side of the suspension, which is similar to adding a larger volume air spring. Doing this reduces the spring rate of the air spring.

Also as Larry stated about the sway bar, with decent mechanical skill it could be installed.
Reyco - Granning , I spent a lifetime wrenching on trucks, farm equipment etc so I'd give it a DIY project. Can you send me Kit Price and availability ?

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:07 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Gary, I’d be hard pressed to think of a single reason (other than minor cost savings) to not have the anti-sway bar. Even if you assume the air suspension serves some of the same purpose, the sway bar made a big difference on my coach and I suspect it would provide at least some improvement in the handling of later model year coaches equipped with the Valid air system.

Regarding the ping tanks, I believe they are basically “t’ed” into the front suspension air bags, one ping tank for each air bag. If that’s the case, it might be possible to install a shut-off valve in the air line running to each ping tank. The idea being that owners who want a softer ride could leave the valve open, while owners who prefer a firmer ride could close the valves, thereby effectively disabling the ping tanks. Maybe Brad Boehmer can comment on that.
Larry,

You are correct, this could be an option for the ping tanks. Would there be interest for a valve to close off the ping from affecting the air volume?

To speak to the air systems in general (Valid/Hadley/etc.). The air systems with electronic height control would be able to affect roll stability side to side depending on how the logic is set up to a certain degree. For example, crosswinds if the air system senses a body roll for a period of time it could add air to the side that is low to correct. Similarly, if the air system is able to monitor the steering input it could send air to the side of the coach opposite of the turn trying to reduce the roll. With all of that being said, using the air system to help with body roll is using highly compressible air dependent on the capability of flow (airline size and air availability) which is generally speaking is not large enough. Using an anti-roll bar/sway bar will greatly reduce body roll side to side far beyond what air systems are capable of.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #52

Good info Brad - thanks very much for all your contributions to this thread!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
What solid-axle do you have?
I just went out and checked because I wasn't sure if it was included or not but I do have a Sway bar.

It's a 2016 Entegra Aspire with a Spartan chassis/solid front axle.

How can I tell exactly what version I have?
Old 12-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
I just went out and checked because I wasn't sure if it was included or not but I do have a Sway bar.

It's a 2016 Entegra Aspire with a Spartan chassis/solid front axle.

How can I tell exactly what version I have?
If you could take some pictures of the suspension I should be able to make out what you have.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:27 PM   #55

You might find front axle info on the sticker that's next to the Vin # sticker. Mine is located behind the drivers seat glued to the wall...it tells axle mfg and rating as well as tire info.

John
2015 44b
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I appreciate all the information provided by Larry and Reyco-Granning. I have a 2022 London Aire on order with the K3 and Valid air. I definitely plan on upgrading the shocks and adding the anti sway bar.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, spartan