Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #1

Steer Tire Pressures too High ?

2014 Aspire 44B. I put new Toyo's on the front. Pressure at 125 as the front axle weight is about 150 lbs under the weight limit. While driving in 95 to 100 degree temps the tire pressure will rise to 148 to 150. When it was 75 degrees the pressure went 10 145. EEZ Tire monitoring system on all tires. Is this excessive or am I just worrying about nothing
TravelSmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The best answer is found from the mfg. Go look at the Toyo website and your specific tire to find out the correct pressure for your weight. It will also provide you all the information you are seeking. Look for pressure charts. on my Michelins no that not to high but each mfg is different.
jwprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:26 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Found the chart for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf application_of_load_inflation_tables_20200723.pdf (2.58 MB, 37 views)
jwprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:57 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I believe you set the proper pressure in the morning and don't tamper with it. The rise in temperature and pressure in figured into the tables.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #5

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwprosser View Post
The best answer is found from the mfg. Go look at the Toyo website and your specific tire to find out the correct pressure for your weight. It will also provide you all the information you are seeking. Look for pressure charts. on my Michelins no that not to high but each mfg is different.

Be careful when using Michelin chart for any tires but Michelin. I think you will find that all the other tire companies use the same Load and Inflation numbers for the same size and Load Range tires while Michelin has a few tires with numbers that are different than the rest of the industry.

Compare Bridgestone, Goodyear, Toyo, Cooper, Firestone or any other tire company and you should find all the others have the same numbers.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #6

...lots of conversation recently about front axle weights on tag axle rigs vs OEM tire size....still seeing a lot of 295 80R LR-H on these big rigs--got to be close to max load....once you get your front axle weights with fully loaded conditions, you will know a lot more about your tire size and proper inflation....believe most TPMS set their default high tire temps for like 165-170 degrees....assumption is that tire damage can occur at or above these temps...max tire pressure loading conditions, cross-winds, and sunny vs shady side of rig, all contribute to high tire temps....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #7

I had my Anthems 315's set at 130, cold. The ride was very harsh. Once I lowered it she rode much smoother. The TP in my cornerstone is set at 110 FWIW
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #8

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
I believe you set the proper pressure in the morning and don't tamper with it. The rise in temperature and pressure in figured into the tables.

Correct. It can even be argued that the pressure rise due to temperature is expected and depended upon by tire engineers.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:20 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
The key is 'proper' temp. That should be determined by weight and the tire manufacturers chart on pressures based on those weights. Once you know that is correct I agree with Cousin Ed.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Pressure not temp in the previous post.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:18 PM   #11

My front is supposed to be 125 lbs according to the tire charts. Had the coached weighed at Spartan and discovered that I am also under max axle weight by 150 lbs...until I sit in the front seat. And I didn't have anything heavy in the forward storage bays, so it came from the factory close to max weight in the front. I can still add a few thousand pounds of weight in the rear.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:48 AM   #12

Front axle and tire overweight has been a very well known issue on older Anthems and coaches with a solid front axle. You being slightly overweight when you and the DW sit in the front seats after weighing is also a common problem. This is why Entegra upgraded the tire sizes and eventually the front axle over the years.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelSmiths View Post
2014 Aspire 44B. I put new Toyo's on the front. Pressure at 125 as the front axle weight is about 150 lbs under the weight limit. While driving in 95 to 100 degree temps the tire pressure will rise to 148 to 150. When it was 75 degrees the pressure went 10 145. EEZ Tire monitoring system on all tires. Is this excessive or am I just worrying about nothing
You are worrying about nothing. The tire pressures are supposed to increase while driving. This is normal and expected. Your TPMS is most useful in assuring that your tire pressures are not too LOW. High pressures are not a problem unless the tire pressures on one side are much higher than the other side, thereby indicating a problem on one side. Slightly higher on one side is also expected as it is normal for the sun to heat one side of the coach making that side's tire pressures higher.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:46 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I am curious as to what is the Maximum weight rating of the Toyo tires that were put on the front - how much weight are they rated for for Steer tires? Looking at the tire chart that was posted earlier in the thread, I can't it out looking at the chart
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure