Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2020, 08:22 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Steer tires

My steers are likely 6 years old and it is time to replace them. I found a reputable place in Frand Rapids but it is 2.5 hours away and a Corona hotspot. Anybody have a suggestion of a good shop for tires, balancing, etc in southeast Michigan?
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2020, 08:22 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Darn typos, I meant Grand Rapids.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:31 AM   #3

Possibly have Spartan (Charlotte Mi.) do it for you, they would be ~ 1:15 hours from Grand Rapids?
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Ditto. I had Spartan replace all my tires. Purchased them through FMCA's discount services and Spartan did the install.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
How long does it take to get tires from FMCA to Spartan?
Old 06-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #6

They don’t really ship tires to you. They discount the tires you buy from a local dealer probably not Spartan but regular tire dealer in a large city near you.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #7

Steer tires

Just order them online...

eBay .. simpletire on the web has Michelin as cheap as anywhere..
Free delivery right to your door step..

Then take them to any of your local semi large tire store and pay them to install..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I purchased 6 TOYO 245x75 22.5 tires from Best One tire. Though I was told you don’t normally balance the back 4, I had them balanced anyway. My cost, balanced and mounted was about (sorry don’t have the bill in front of me) was just over two thousand. Had I not balanced the 4 rear tires, the cost would have been under $2,000. This is several hundred under the prices I got from eBay, which would require me to recruit an installer. They ordered the tires from the factory and they had 3 week old dates, so they were fresh. They will quote over the phone and order the tires, and I believe, they handle all brands. No appointments for install. First come, first serve. I’m very pleased with the TOYO’s as they replaced Michelin’s. Best One has locations in many southeast Michigan locations. I was pleased with their service, installation, and convenience as well. I highly recommend them.
Extarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
tires

i have lotta friends that own log trucks that haul 125,000 lbs. they have all switched to Chinese Long March and Westlake 14 ply tires..so last yr after 2 flats in one day ,i went to all 5 tires shops with the Itasca deisal and cheapest quote was 450 each installed. so i asked my log truck friend where they get theres. a place called Uncle weiners in Edmonton sells em,.so i bought 4 245-70-22 for rear and 2 -225-70-19.5 for frt. $125 each for frt $145 for rear
took me 3 days to change them myself in back yard.broke the bead with my tire machine and pryed em off with my log truck friends tire irons. put one cup of air soft pellets in each and installed em.. torqued them to 350 and took for a drive.. not one shimmy or shake like the old Michelins.

i know you guys wont like the chinese tire idea on your new rigs,but this is all i can afford on our big seniors pension of $850 a month. good thing the wife has a piggy bank...lol im a poor saver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	long march frt tires tread.png
Views:	29
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	288683  
Old 06-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #10

Green Oak Tire
7480 Kensington Road
Brighton, MI 48116

I had them install a complete new set of Michelins on our Anthem last summer.

Their out-the-door price for the full set including balancing was the same as the FMCA discount price from two other competing shops.

Their crew is one of the hardest working bunch of tire busters I have ever seen as that shop is very busy with coaches and a lot of locals and they do road service for semis.

Balance job was excellent and they took excellent care of the aluminum wheels. Also one of the few places I could find that had the special longer valve stems for the inner dual tires so that an extension was not necessary.

Not the fanciest place in the world but don't let appearances deceive you. Good bunch.

Tags
tires