Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Step on Entegra Anthem Not Opening/retracting

Originally Posted by Gestalt87
As I arrived at a campground, I opened the door to exit the coach and the steps came out about 4 inches and stopped. I checked (replaced) fuses, checked electrical connections to the step motor and generally looked for issues. I found none. I called Entegra and they helped me troubleshoot and thought it might be a door magnetic sensor. I ordered parts and they arrived yesterday. Today, I changed out the magnetic door sensor. The problem still exists. Looking for some help from anyone that may have had similar problem in the past.

I have had a few folks recommend that it is the motor. One person recommended that I repost here.... thanks in advance for any help y’all can provide before I order a new motor.
Gestalt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2019, 03:19 PM   #2

Yep, had the problem, several times. twice a motor, this last time it was the module. And almost yearly, I need to really clean the slide rails for the steps. Entegra does have a troubleshooting pdf available.
Mine would not only come half way out but also would not travel in all the way. They are a bad design. I am having a metal box made to stop some of the dirt from going up in the rails.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:20 PM   #3

I believe the steps are controlled by the house batteries (mine are). Have you checked to make sure your batteries are good?
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlin11 View Post
I believe the steps are controlled by the house batteries (mine are). Have you checked to make sure your batteries are good?
Batteries are fine. I believe it is the motor. Sounds like lots of experience out there with motors failing.
Gestalt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
While not fun, you can pop the motor out fairly easy, or just disconnect the electrical connector going into the motor, then connect directly to a 12v battery. This can be done with a good pair of heavy duty alligator clips and leads which can be found at a good NAPA or Auto Zone. If the motor spins, it's good.

I find it is usually the controller that dies; again, not fun but relatively straight forward to replace if you are reasonably handy. Rarely do I see the reed switch in the door frame go south. And you have already eliminated the switch as a bad component. That really only leaves the motor or the controller....so check the motor and if it spins, on to a new controller!

It is also crucial that you keep the tracks clean and the gears and tracks well lubricated. This should be a monthly maintenance item. Hosing them offgood with clean water then re-lubricating with a good slide lube will go along way to keeping them happy. And they will still fail sooner than later, but hopefully with longer MTBF (mean time between failure...:-0)!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:22 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Had to change the motor on mine. About a 15 minute project

Tags
anthem, entegra