Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
Still Drooling...

Took the factory tour yesterday with Brittany Ware as our host. She was fantastic at answering questions from the six of us who were there. At the end of the line, I was able to carefully walk through a Cornerstone that was in the final QC phase. Midnight pearl interior, natural cherry wood, and Cayenne exterior (I think). It is beautiful.

Most of us thought we'd like to replace the couch in the front with two recliners with a small table in-between. Sounds like Entegra is seriously considering it as an option, but not willing to commit to anything yet for future years models.

Saw Tadd in his office and he took the time to answer a newbie question that should have been obvious to me, but certainly was to him. That'll teach him to leave his office door open (that close to the bathrooms after a three hour drive).

Joyce passed through the Customer Lounge quickly, but did stop to say hi and shake hands. The Goddess of Customer Service.

Talked with Chris and Charles, Anthem owners there for some fixes, and met their two fur-boys while waiting for the tour to start. DW is very nervous about full-timing and Chris answered her questions and help put her at ease about a couple of questions DW had, particularly when it came to pets and pet health care for their boys.

One of the couples on the tour shared some of their experiences with their Aspire recently purchased. Great folks.

We did Rise and Roll and sampled the Amish Crack. Hit Yoder's meat and cheese on the way east and enriched Middlebury and Shipshewana economies by hundreds.

Thanks to all the good Entegra folks that have informed our journey so far, knowingly, or through your shared experiences here.

If you haven't been and aren't a current Entegra owner, I would encourage you to take the tour (Monday is the best day supposedly) and see for yourself why Entegra makes one of the best coaches in the industry today. Best handling, quietest riding coach on the market today. Period.

Buy the Amish Crack, fill your ice chests and freezers.

Looking forward to being part of the family when I have the initial down-payment on the Cornerstone and retire for the second and third time.

Only 1569 days more until the process begins...

Phil and Monica
2021 Silica Sand Cornerstone 45B, natural cherry, midnight pearl
PhB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 05:54 AM   #2
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
Corporate is responsive to customer requests...

Prior to the tour, I had asked if there was a Silica Sand paint job on a coach nearby or on the tour. There wasn't.

I got on the EC website and found that for 2017, the very next day after the tour, the Silica Sand paint scheme was no longer an option.

Oh well, the Electric Blue is beautiful too and was our second choice.

Found it all interesting...

PhB

Phil and Monica and Cookie and Taffy and Olive, the other reindeer
2021 Cornerstone 45B Electric Blue Midnight Pearl, Natural Cherry
(until they change it all again by then)
Old 06-17-2016, 06:51 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
GREAT TOUR, GREAT COACH & FANTASTIC PEOPLE. The only thing to add is NIRVC for your complete SALES & SERVICE. OH, let's not forget all the FEST!!!!!! See ya'll @ BIG SKY & @ OCT. FEST IN LAS VEGAS
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #4

Hi Phil,
I'm sure you guys have a great plan, but, just to play devil's advocate, if you can in any way afford it now, why wait? Four years is a long time, and many things could happen. My wife and I sped up our plans, although it took some imagination, after some unexpected medical issues hit me. Fortunately, I'll be ok, but we decided to enjoy while we're healthy.
Just a different perspective for you guys.
Cheers,
Fred
Old 06-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We'll put Fred we never know what's going to happen tomorrow I just finished up with my bout of cancer and all that's involved with it
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #6

How long will the crack hold up in the freezer?
Old 06-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
We'll put Fred we never know what's going to happen tomorrow I just finished up with my bout of cancer and all that's involved with it

Glad you're ok, and able to enjoy! My issue was cardiac arrhythmias, but I'm only 47! That's why I wanted Phil to see the "other side of the coin."
Old 06-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xbear View Post
Hi Phil,
I'm sure you guys have a great plan, but, just to play devil's advocate, if you can in any way afford it now, why wait? Four years is a long time, and many things could happen. My wife and I sped up our plans, although it took some imagination, after some unexpected medical issues hit me. Fortunately, I'll be ok, but we decided to enjoy while we're healthy.
Just a different perspective for you guys.
Cheers,
Fred

well said!
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:58 AM   #9
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
if only...

Haven't checked my lottery numbers for this weekend yet, but...I'll put my cards on the table for analysis.

Retired USAF of 25 years and 16 days, but who was counting.

Been a civil serpent for 12+ years now.

My second and third retirement will be at the end of September of 2020.

By Sep 2020, all bills will be paid, except for the S&B. Should have between $90-120K in the bank and whatever is left of a lump sum retirement saving to add to that of at least $150K, depending on who gets voted in this November.

Plan on domiciling in Florida as soon as I'm not fully employed any more. Not giving the state of Ohio any more income than I have to.

Already been speaking with a sales rep for NIRVC in ATL that someone has already had good things to say about their purchase and delivery experience.

Planning to visit in a year or so to see the new NIRVC facility and meet James and the folks there.

Should be ready to order what we want when the 2021 model year becomes available and take delivery in the spring.

S&B will probably go on the market and sell quickly for what I figure it's worth to me to get rid of it and take some cash with me.

DW and I are slowly but steadily downsizing and plan on living on the first floor of the house which is about 38 feet from the garage door to the fireplace. If that works out, then we wil have been living in a CS45B-like space for a while.

I understand carpe diem. Wish I could, but will only be 60 in a couple of months. Also have some bills that won't disappear until late 2018.

At that point, options are open, but am trying to get a 20-year loan on about $300K as the balance on the coach. With interest rates hopefully not much higher than 5%, should have me around $2400 a month for my "mortgage" which will be more than my current mortgage on the S&B.

I could pull the plug on work and buy a Class A gasser and be comfortable and have no bills eventually, but I want a Cornerstone for all the reasons that you folks have a Cornerstone. I want new. Yeah, depreciation sucks when you sign the sales contract new, but that's what I want.

Gonna follow the 3xbear model/loan-timing of trying to finance through USAA, but open to a better rate if I can get one at the time.

Would love to be able to post a picture of Monica and I standing by that big blue coach today, with the weeners enjoying the dash in the sun as we cruise down the road, but eventually, if it's meant to be.

I truly appreciate all of the posts on the owner's forum and look forward to the day I can add the EC tag to my IRV2 name. Enjoy it for us who can't yet.

I'll continue to live vicariously through the great people here and look forward to meeting you in the future and sharing some fine single-malt whiskeys or small batch bourbons.

PhB

Phil and Monica and Cookie and Taffy and Olive, the other reindeer
2021 Cornerstone 45B Electric Blue Midnight Pearl Natural Cherry
USAF (Ret) and Texas Ex '78
Old 06-19-2016, 07:29 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post

How long will the crack hold up in the freezer?
Don't know, it never made it home to find out. I'll try on this trip.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:07 PM   #11

I have got to say, PhB, great plan. I'm also ex USAF. I really want to see it when you get it.
Aim High.
Fred
Old 06-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
FYI... Be sure to purchase/finance your coach while still living in your S&B, I.e. Not as a full timer. There are only one or two companies that will lend to to full timers (USAA is it one of them). Also, FT rates are slightly higher. Ask me how I know. Perhaps the laws will change in the future but as of Feb 2016, they were as stated above.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:17 AM   #13
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks, Grower15.

Tadd Jenkins from Entegra was very particular at Hershey last year in telling me to keep the S&B until I have a loan for the reason you stated.

Also, very aware that USAA will not fund a full-time motorhome. They only fund "recreational vehicles" for part-timers. And that's what we will be initially...part-timers.

Only 1562 days until retirement...

PhB
Old 06-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
FYI

I use USAA on my cars. They stopped insuring any motor home (full timer or part time) a few years back because they said they were "too risky". I argued with one of their senior adjusters and got nowhere. Switched to Safeco. If you started motor home insurance with USAA ten years ago or so they will continue to honor that policy but not if you trade up.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote