Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Why not use the jump switch, that's what it's for No need to hook anything up, just hold the switch closed.
We had to drive two hours with the relay jumped when our alternator failed and we lost voltage enough to keep the motor running. We started the generator and jumped the relay to tie the two banks together and allow the converter to charge the motor batteries. Two hours would have been a long time to hold a switch down. Its a good thing to know where this relay is, and have a jumper cable on board. Could save you a pretty hefty tow bill in the case of an alternator failure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
We had to drive two hours with the relay jumped when our alternator failed and we lost voltage enough to keep the motor running. We started the generator and jumped the relay to tie the two banks together and allow the converter to charge the motor batteries. Two hours would have been a long time to hold a switch down. Its a good thing to know where this relay is, and have a jumper cable on board. Could save you a pretty hefty tow bill in the case of an alternator failure.
Two different situations. However you can still make the jump by wedging the switch on the Entegras in the closed position. I keep a golf tee in the console drawer just for that reason. I used it when my batteries went dead in storage also. It never hurts to know another method should an alternator fail.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #31
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVsquared View Post
Hi everyone,
Hope you are all well! So my wife and I picked up out new 2018 Anthem 44W about 2 months ago in Atlanta. Since then, we’ve been out to Phoenix, up to Vegas and back home last week.....loved every minute!
About a week and a half ago I put her in storage until our next adventure knowing I only has 220/15 amp service. i turned everything off except the inside refrigerator. I went back the next 2 days to check and everything looked good. I stopped in to check on her this morning, coming to find out that the outlet I was plugged into was a gfci outlet which sometime last week had tripped. The house batteries are totally dead. I reset the plug, started the main engine hoping that I could begin charging the house batteries to no avail.
So the question is; is there a process to recharge These house batteries or have I just learned an expensive lesson about storage?
Thanks for your thoughts......
Are you in a situation where you can use your auto generator start?
Old 05-17-2018, 06:49 AM   #32

All,
I know this post is old by now, but I wanted to let everyone know how this turned out. The short story is that I have everything charged and working properly.
I learned quite a bit about my coach through numerous calls to Entegra support and having them walk me through resetting the inverters, resetting the RVC Bridge, and eventually replacing the Transfer Switch. A big shut-out to Steve Hall at Entegra for helping me through everything.
I had all systems working properly, batteries being fully charged, however; was still getting a "Transfer Switch Fault" message on the Vega Touch. I spent some time on the phone with the mfg. of the Transfer Switch and no one could figure out how there could be a problem since I was only plugged into a 110 outlet. Entegra finally sent me a new switch which I installed last weekend. Now there is no fault message. I am shipping the old switch back to Entegra today which will go back to the mfg. to be analyzed.
Lessons learned:
1.) Never plug into a source without inspecting it first. In this case the source turned out to be a gfci outlet. The outlet tripped causing the entire issue.
2.) Empty the fridge out and turn it off, leaving the door open. Note that turning the inside off the coach off from the switch just inside the entry door does not turn off the fridge. The fridge has it's own breaker above the driver's seat.
3.) Don't hesitate to reach out for help on this site; thanks everyone for your comments.
4.) Don't hesitate to call Entegra for help. These folks are very competent and willing to work with you to get you going, even if it takes many calls over multiple days.
RVsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:28 AM   #33

Thanks for the update.

Yes, the switch by the door is for 12V only. The fridge is 120V so the switch won’t have any effect on turning it on or off.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #34

On a side note.

In the 2017 National Electrical Code unless in a residence the 30A/125V & 50 Amp outlets will have to be GFI protected.

Any new building or RV campground started around September 2017 should have these outlets GFI protected along with the now GFI protected 120V outlets.

When I read that I thought of all of the fun people are going to have with these breakers tripping in new and older coaches.

Tags
storage