Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2017, 04:41 AM   #1

Storing your Entegra outside

Who here stores their baby outside? I have no room for inside storage at my house. The nearest inside storage, with electric, is an hour away. That would normally be fine except that I have a trip planned mid winter and the inside storage facility does adequately plow access to the building. Last year I scratched one of the storage doors on frozen snow (ice) while turning. Upon my return the access road was a sheet of ice. What a fiasco.

So who store outside? Do you use any kind of cover? Looking for idea to protect it from the elements.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #2

I keep mine in a metal barn/garage at my house. Well worth the cost of the building to know it is protected from the weather. I would fear a cover would scratch the clear coat.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:39 AM   #3

I used a cover on my last Motorcoach and it scratched the paint. I keep my Aspire outside and it kills me to see snow on it. Looking for indoor storage but no success so far.
gasman405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We stored our Phaeton and Allegro RED outside for 2 winters here in Indiana at a secure storage facility about 15 minutes from our house. I didn't like doing it, but had no choice. I'd check it every couple of weeks but other than that I just had to wash it as soon as I could when we got it out for a trip. Cover the wipers, and make sure you do a thorough walk around before you move it to make sure there aren't any critters, other than that you should be fine. Keep looking for an indoor storage facility, we found ours on craigslist by coincidence.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:37 AM   #5

There is a local inside spot available, but it has no electric. I prefer it to stay hooked up to at least 110
Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We keep ours at home, outside. We just don't have room for a building. Our last MH, a Journey, we had for 6 years and 75,000 miles. It looked new when we traded it in. Usually our MH only sits still for 2 or 3 months, but it's still outside while we use it!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #7

Ours is outside as we se it year around. Just make sure it has a good wash and wax before last use and wash again as soon as you get it out. If you are concrete you should have plywood squares under each tire and many use tire covers to keep the sun off the tires. Should have no problems. Keep a coach looking great is much more dependent on washing and waxing than inside or all. All JMHO
Old 12-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #8

For the past 3 years my MH has only been home 26 weeks per year, and I can't get permitted for a storage shed or carport where I live in the city limits. We are moving to College Station and will buy a house with minimum 1-2 acres property outside of the city limits for proper storage arrangements.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
We keep ours at home, outside. We just don't have room for a building. Our last MH, a Journey, we had for 6 years and 75,000 miles. It looked new when we traded it in. Usually our MH only sits still for 2 or 3 months, but it's still outside while we use it!
We don't have room for a garage either :(.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We just poured a slab to keep the coach at our house. We've done it both ways but decided against building a garage at our house. We decided against paying waterfront taxes on a building we may not be using in a few years. We stored offsite covered on our last coach but when that rent went to over $400/mo., we decided the coach could live at the house. Think of it this way...if you were full time, your coach would be "stored outside."
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #11

I also just park our anthem on the side of my house with no cover.
Just keep it plugged in all the time and I am good with that.
We use ours a lot. Usually at least every other weekend. Plus I am always tinkering with it and like it at the house..
I am a clean freak and don’t mind washing it from the outside elements.
I have all the spotless water equipment and quite frankly really enjoy cleaning it. Keep it heavily rubbed with paint sealant and that should keep it protected from the world...
Now don’t get me wrong... I would love the 50 x 30 rv garage with the 14 foot door.. believe me , it’s on my list...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #12

I keep mine outside and plugged in all year around. I keep the fuel tank full and every couple of weeks I'll fire up the generator for about an hour and bring the interior temps up to 70. If I can I take the coach out on the road and run it for about 45 miles. If I cant get it out due to snow, I'll at least let her run for a bit

I don't think it's good for them to sit all winter without being ran.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
There is a local inside spot available, but it has no electric. I prefer it to stay hooked up to at least 110
If I had that choice I would put it inside and put battery cutoffs on the batteries so that ALL power could be cut off. The batteries can do quite well if this is done. No matter how you cut it, sun and rain, snow and ice have an effect on your coach that is best minimized
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
If I had that choice I would put it inside and put battery cutoffs on the batteries so that ALL power could be cut off. The batteries can do quite well if this is done. No matter how you cut it, sun and rain, snow and ice have an effect on your coach that is best minimized
Even with the batter cut offs utilized, there is a slight parasitic draw, no?

Tags
entegra