Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Fly View Post
had both liquid batteries changed and checked new ones for boiling over and or heating up........both AOK
thks for trying........................Gonna Fly
You just had done what I was going to suggest. After the batteries have sat over night check both batteries with a volt meter and see if the voltage is the same on each battery. Two tests are better than one.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:22 PM   #16

GonnaFly

Please give us some more information.. do you smell the smell all the time, engine running or not? If when the Cummins is running, how long after you start the Cummins do you notice the smell? You say it is coming in the front ceiling vents or dash vents. Do you mean coming in from the roof AC vents? Could you have a belt (AC belt) which is turning and "burning" because the AC compressor pulley is not turning (the compressor is frozen)? If you have one of those laser thermometers, stop and check the tire temperatures and separately, the rear aluminum and steel wheel temps ( if you have a brake dragging, you should have an unusually "hot" tire or wheel. You should definitely not be smelling acid smell. If only when you are traveling, I would seriously consider if it is black tank smell escaping or being sucked out of one of your black tank vents.

Give us some more information about when and how.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Fly View Post
Hi Chuck
had both batteries changed............ checked while engine running and then stopped inluding alternator draw and charging ........... all checked fine
Thks Gonna Fly
Did you have the smell before the batteries were changed? If so that would eliminate bad batteries and you have eliminated over charging.

How long have you had the smell? One problem that has been common is the washing machine drain hose is longer that the P trap pulling sewer gasses out. I had that and it was almost a different smell each morning when first taking off. Once underway, the vent pulled the smell out but the first 20 miles were bad.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same issue. It was the under the sink studor vent. Gray tank has a more distinct smell unlike the black tank. I thought it smelled like batteries burning up but it WAS the vent under the sink. Mine was not even there !!!! I bought one at Home Depot and installed myself.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Also had the odor starting shortly after delivery, 8 mo's maybe. It was always after take offs in the morning and would last about an hour. Recently found it to be the sink p-traps connections in both bathrooms were not tight. Not one odor problem since. Anyway, my solution. As for grey water, as mentioned, it can have some weird smells.

Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #20

Where did you go GonnaFly? Don't forget to get back here and tell us what you learned, what resolved the problem, or that you still need more ideas..... only way we all learn!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #21

Really bad Battery smell ---

-FOUND SOLUTION

First allow me to say i am so sorry for not responding until as late.........
we were away..........with no access to lap top and then to top it off.......we had some ongoing escalated hospital emergency.........now finally under control.

For all that replied please forgive my delays.......

i want to thank you all for your responses and all of your suggestions and via trial and error we discovered a sticky sink vent from both bathrooms..........i replaced the one in vanity and the other sprayed it and each time we move coach after sitting for a period (especially if emptied gray tank) we add a half bottle of "TST" RV Toilet Treatment for use in RV in both sinks (we have two bathrooms) and add approx 2 gal of water with it in each sink........
to our surprise smell is completely gone........ THANK YOU so much.
GONNA FLY
Gonna Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:29 PM   #22

So I nailed it on first post venting . Do I get a prize. [emoji106][emoji3]
Glad you figured it out .. happy rving ... Hope all is well.

Itasca66
Itasca66 is offline   Reply With Quote