Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #43

So many great suggestions and insight!

SURE HOPE ENTEGRA WILL TAKE NOTICE!!!

Flipping the floor plans so the view is on one's own patio vs the neighbor's patio seems so simple AND meaningful!!!
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
So many great suggestions and insight!

SURE HOPE ENTEGRA WILL TAKE NOTICE!!!

Flipping the floor plans so the view is on one's own patio vs the neighbor's patio seems so simple AND meaningful!!!
There can be a drawback to flipping floor plans. The kitchen is on the narrow slide because of the flex in plumbing. If the living room slide was on the passenger side, then 36 inches of slide would be sticking into the patio instead of 18 inches with a kitchen slide. At least that is the way it has been explained to me and makes sense.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #45

Not sure the deeper slide on the passenger side bothers the American coach owners?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
Put another light switch on the kitchen side with the same light controls as the one next to the fireplace in the RBQ. I need a long arm and a pencil or what ever I can find to turn on the lights over the sink when the slides are in or add the light buttons to the switch by the front door would work too.
Amen x2....
Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #47

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John View Post
I think having 2 work camping Entegra owners on site that get a free spot and maybe $10 an hour to go through every coach before it heads out, its a concept no one does, but owners know what to look at and read the forums. The $10 an hour is a lot less than having to pay a dealer to fix things that go un noticed by builders, but not owners that use the product. Heck, I bet they would have volunteers do it for nothing for spot just to keep busy, and pride of ownership. The liability insurance for tat is nothing for them to add to their current workmans comp
Mario, what a great idea!

They could assign someone from Quality at Entegra to see that issues found with the finished coach are categorized and otherwise tracked to either Production process issues, or to Design or issues of quality with off-the-shelf purchased parts, etc.

If only manufacturers would just think outside the box now and then
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
Mario, what a great idea!

They could assign someone from Quality at Entegra to see that issues found with the finished coach are categorized and otherwise tracked to either Production process issues, or to Design or issues of quality with off-the-shelf purchased parts, etc.

If only manufacturers would just think outside the box now and then
Maybe some sort of JD Power survey? Worked wonders on quality with the likes of Jaguar and Mercedes on the auto front. If just one MH manufacturer (Entegra/Newmar/Tif/Winny etc.) grasped the nettle so to speak, the others would have to follow. at the moment, as others have pointed out, they seem to all think 'no one else does so why should we?' And us the buyers (well not me just yet) are letting them get away with it. We would never buy a six figure auto and expect teething problems for the first few hundred miles. I don't buy the 'MH's are complicated machines' argument either.

Anyone in the QA business knows that $10 spent on QA will save multiples of that further down the line in fixing costs, particularly as there is a dealer in the loop who will need to turn a profit on any work they do. Even if a manufacturer only broke even, the positive PR they would get would be worth millions. Rant over and yes, I will still be buying a coach in the future - one that has been QA'd by the previous owner though!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
I will still be buying a coach in the future - one that has been QA'd by the previous owner though!
At which point you will get to fix what the previous owner did not fix. Without benefit of a factory warranty.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post

At which point you will get to fix what the previous owner did not fix. Without benefit of a factory warranty.
True. However, a good inspection before purchasing should be able to find most if not all flaws that might be present. The correction of these could be negotiated. Even if purchased with repairs needed the cost of those would probably be significantly less than the depreciation hit on a new coach.
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #51
Community Administrator

Let's get back on topic here.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #52

1. Comfortable, quality seating PLEASE.
2. Windows that allow a breeze in, not ones that only crank out a few inches.
3. A night light in the pottie room.
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:03 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Let's get back on topic here.
Thanks
My fault. Sorry.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:47 AM   #54

C.S.I NOT THE TV SHOW, BUT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INDEX.

It seems that the #1 common link is quality control, I am and have been in the auto industry my entire working career. I have seen things you can't imagine from the factory and design issues that continue to make you ask ( what are they thinking). The key is the delivery process,we the dealer are responsible to the customer and have a relationship with the factory, after all we are not only paid a premium by the factory to correct any mistakes we are also paid by the customer for the product, not a bad deal at all (unless we miss something).
The manufacture pays us an additional amount of money based on sales, training and our customer score index. I take it all pretty serious because it's worth about two million a year to keep my customers happy, that's additional income paid by the manufacturer.
I do understand the frustration, I took delivery and drove 250 miles parked it for repairs. The equalizer pump motor has been replaced,the latch the keeps the table closed was missing half of it,door air leak was adjusted,dash Ac had to be fixed and two aqua hot lines were reversed,no hot water.
Entegra if your reading this you can call me if you want any info.
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #55

Georgie Boy Owners Club
... my quest for a quality coach continues ... I wonder if the quality of used Country Coaches, Magna or Affinity are better? But, this is not the right thread for this question. I'll start a new thread for it.
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
... my quest for a quality coach continues ... I wonder if the quality of used Country Coaches, Magna or Infinity are better?
Depends on what you want...good coaches, but at best 6 years old, although a place out west that refurbishes/updates (I think). No idea what that costs, but once you start updating, you may face the same OEM issues that the new coaches have...and probably pay the same or more money. I really don't know what the answer is...JMHO that Entegra (and Newmar) are the best built...and pretty comfortable with Entegra being at the top of the heap for QUICKLY responding to issues if and when they occur.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote