Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #57

Being the owner of another brand, I was just cruising through. It seems we all want similar improvements. Our Tiffin 43QGP bus has had very few issues, but mostly due to a great pre-delivery checkout by my dealer. Still, quality control is an issue too. The Villa furniture is very uncomfortable, so we replaced it with a quality residential reclining Love seat. I would like to replace the Villa captain chairs with the ones I found in an Anthem or the Flexsteel ones in an Ellipse. Before we bought ours one year ago, we looked at the Anthem, but could not find a floorplan that we liked. Didn't like turning sideways to watch tv. Tiffin offered just what we wanted and we have a great dealer 45 minutes from home.

My point being that all of the brands come up short in providing the quality and comfort we should expect with the price we are paying. Unfortunately, isn't that true with a number of things we buy today.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
CC are great coaches, but they are getting old. I found a 2007 Affinity that I was interested in, but the previous owner had badly neglected it. It had lots of water leak damage and body scrapes, etc. Also, I asked my independent repair shop about buying one and they advised against it as they said parts are hard to get, especially body parts should you have collision damage. I still like the Country Coaches, though, if you can find a pristine one.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I understand that if you pay 3.5 Million for a new Marathon you get some of the missing quality we are all looking for. I too have a Tiffin 43 QGP and what I am reading here could easily be on a Tiffin forum too.
waltdews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Okay, Illl jump in here. Keep in mind I'm not complaining or bashing Entegra. I really like them but in the interest of improving them, I'll lay it all on the line.

As a Tiffin owner (and fixer ) I'm familiar with them, as well as other brands, most notably Entegra. On my travels and tours and magazine writing assignments I've seen many of them. QC is a standing issue in the industry. I strongly feel that Entegra has the best platform and basic structural construction in the class A range (omitting Newell and the Prevost conversions of course). They have the best potential for longevity and I feel that they would be the best choice that would give me the best coach in the long run. The majority of their QC issues are related to small things that can be easily corrected, unlike some of the more major issues that some other brands have due to lesser engineering put in at the start.

Anyway, QC is probably a whole different topic and it seems that this topic was designed to inform Entegra of things that they can change to make their coaches more desireable. So, I guess I'll get back on topic and set the QC thing aside.

Fotrtunately we have a few years until we upgrade. If our Allegro Bus burnt to the ground today I'd be in a tough spot. I really want an Entegra for the many benefits it has but it also has a number of drawbacks. Yet these are all easily remedied by Entegra and if they did that it would be a no-brainer. Following are some of the pet peives that Leann and I have regarding Entegra:

Floorplans - One of the worst selections around. Newmar, American Coach and Tiffin have an excellent choice of floorplans. Tiffin doesn't have very many but the ones they do have are real home runs. Entegra needs to see what people want and then buld it. I've spoken to a number of Tiffin owners that wanted to move away from Tiffin and looked at Entegra and liked the construction but just didn't like the floorplans so bought another brand. When buying a new motorhome, the floorplan is the number one selling feature. Entegra needs to step up in this area.

Windows - I like the flush windows but I've seen those same Hehr windows in other brands and they have the split between the fixed and moveable panes much higher. Entegra windows do not allow adequate airflow. By simply specifying a different window template from their supplier this could easily be fixed.

Interior decor - Entegra's look nice but not very homey. Most motorhome owners that want to spend time in their coach don't want the dark boardroom look. They would rather have a brighter, more cheery interior. The dark wallpaper used in Entegras just doesn't accomplish that. Even having the shades installed backwards (with the dark solar shade inside of the white privacy shade) hurts. The solar shade should be outboard, not inboard. That improves efficiency as well as creates a brighter interior. Again, a simple fix.

Bedroom space - Another area is the room around the bed. As others have mentioned, it's tough to make the bed when there's no access to the sides near the head of the bed. The bed is packed tight and the nightstands are pushed forward, out of normal reach.

Fantastic vent fans - Every coach has one in the main living (and cooking) area, as well as the bathroom areas. Entegra seems to omit the front living area fan. That's a double whammy when the windows don't open up much to allow flow-through ventilation. I mean, how much money can they save by omitting one fan?

Generator Tray - A power one would be nice, at least on the Anthem and up. The manual release under the front cap isn't the greatest. Electric versus air would eliminate any low air pressure pop-out issues. I've seen electric generator slides on even a lower priced Forest River Charleston that worked just fine.

Rear ladders - Not having one on the Anthem is odd. Without one how do you get up there? Not everyone goes on the roof but it is a regular task to inspect things or see what went bump in the night. Using portable ladders just isn't very safe. At least make it an option.

Computer Desks - Face it, connectivity and computers are everywhere, especially with mobile people like RVers. Decent computer desks, or at least dinettes with room for printers, etc are mandatory. Many other brands have nice desks that can handle that and allow the owner to do bookkeeping tasks. This kind of relates back to floorplans again.

Anyway, those are our main issues and they are all easily corrected. Entegra really has the right pieces in place to make an awesome coach and their support is among the best. Just a few minor tweaks here and there and I think their sales would jump through the roof.

In closing, I noticed that others have mentioned that Entegra needs to spend some time in their coaches to get in touch with how it is to actually live in them. There may be something to that. If they do spend some serious time living in their coaches they sure are good about hiding it because the changes that people are requesting seem to indicate that Entegra isn't in touch with the practical side of living in the coach.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Mark, you hit a home run with that post. You have addressed every item that peeves me about my Entegra. I am still happy overall with my Anthem, but if they act on your ideas they will give me a reason to trade up. I would add that Column Drive and Air Levelling would be a great addition to the Anthem. Even if they raised the price to cover these additions they would still be very price competitive.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

I kept my list to the major items that don't cost that much to implement. I've seen the manufacturing side of the equation and understand that every feature that gets added to the coach increases the cost. It's always a delicate balancing act between keeping the cost at the sweet spot that it needs to sell well in a given market segment while still offering as much bang for the buck to give it an edge over the competition.

Air levelling and Column drive adds significant cost to the coach so I kept that out of my list. I strictly concentrated on what they had now that needed improvement. Adding more costly upgrades would increase the selling price sio then Entegra needs to balance how many more they will sell versus how many sales they will lose due to a higher price. I don't envy having to make those marketing decisions.

However, if enough people ask for something, they have to listen. This is probably the best topic to put those requests in. Keep 'em coming.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #63

Hi Mark - there is an obvious reason you are an IRV2 Moderator Emeritus and a wonderful "coach evaluator & critic"!!! As was stated above, you hit a grand slam with your comments.

And, IF Entegra will take note, and make simple / thoughtful changes, they will enjoy even greater success... THANK YOU very much!

P. S. - Sincere thanks also for your informative website
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Right on Mark. When I first posted I forgot about the windows and lack of a window or fan in the kitchen. Our Entegra is the first camper or motorhome that doesn't have either a window or fantastic fan in the kitchen or main living area. I know that improvement would not be that expensive and like Mark stated, would sell a few more units.

Another one is the outside TV. It looks great, but is almost impossible to see the picture during the day. It should be adjustable, so as to tilt left and right and up and down. This would be another major improvement that would not add very much cost to a new unit. If nothing else, make it an option and I will pay extra for it. Keep up the good work Entegra! You do a good job, but it wouldn't take much to make it a GREAT Coach. I hope Entegra reads these, and at least makes a few improvements. Thanks
Old 04-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Right on Mark. When I first posted I forgot about the windows and lack of a window or fan in the kitchen. Our Entegra is the first camper or motorhome that doesn't have either a window or fantastic fan in the kitchen or main living area. I know that improvement would not be that expensive and like Mark stated, would sell a few more units.
There IS a fan in the kitchen. It is part of the microwave oven, and unlike on many coaches, it exhausts to the exterior of the coach.

And the roof fans are not Fantastic Fans. Wish they were, because the ones that Entegra installs, while they work well, are much louder than a Fantastic Fan.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #66

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Okay, Illl jump in here ...
One of the best posts on some issues with Entegra coaches. But, I guess they're only easily fixed if the manufacturer thinks so ... Come on Entegra. You already got the K3 Chassis with great 600 HP and lots of torque engine that all-electric types of coaches should have. Now, go the extra mile for some of the pesky issues as per Mark and others.

cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Marc, yes there is an exhaust fan above the stove, the problem with that is it doesn't move the hot air at the ceiling. The bathroom fans are in the ceiling, not halfway up the wall, and they work great. Just my thoughts.

Dave
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
I've not had any problems with exhausting air. My coach has two roof mounted fans in the bathroom area, (i understand some floor plans have only one) and one of them is usually all I need to exhaust the hot air from the whole coach. But as I said they are loud if you run them at high speed.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #69

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As another Tiffin owner I would like Entegra to know that I am watching this closely. Although they do have a floor plan we like all of the items Mark lists are concerns for us and reason enough to put off any serious thoughts of an upgrade just yet. Entegra is the only alternative to Tiffin on our shopping list right now but we would be giving up too much in the way of living space function to make a chance before some of this is addressed.
waltdews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Hard to believe this thread has turned into a why not to buy and Entegra...seriously???!!! Of all the stuff mentioned here, floor plans seem to me to be the only rational reason. Even the furniture, well, been shopping on line for alternatives just to see what's out there. I've seen or tested most of the brands that are in coaches and I am not sure how a coach manufacturer chooses a couch or lounge chair that satisfies and fits every body type. These are not custom built homes. Get real, folks.

The custom built coaches are just down the block...they are not available in the $250-500k price point...you need to bring a $1M check or more.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote