Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #99

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra has undercut the K3 market with the Cornerstone at 600K. It is the bargain of the category. So where do you come up with 450?

You can't buy a Mercedes for a Chevy price!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #100

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Entegra has undercut the K3 market with the Cornerstone at 600K. It is the bargain of the category. So where do you come up with 450?

You can't buy a Mercedes for a Chevy price!
The solution is simple ... two model versions of Mountain Aire.

Mountain Aire on K2 ... for those that don't want the better chassis and want higher end than DS

Mountain Aire on K3 (more expensive than K2 version) ... for those that want the better chassis but don't want the glitz of Essex. I would not be surprised, if given the option, that some would go for a K3 Mountain Aire instead of a Cornerstone.

But, you're right. It will most likely not happen from Newmar. But, maybe Tiffin would do it. They could add a model above the Zephyr, but WITHOUT glitz! If I wanted shiny things everywhere around me I would visit a 5-star hotel lobby

cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #101
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin doesn't sell many Zephyrs as it is. They'll not be adding anything new to the top end of their line. With the way the Phaeton is crowding the Allegro Bus, the Bus is getting an identity crisis. They may wind up moving the Bus to the K2 chassis and 500 ISX12. What that will do to the Zephyr is anyone's guess. I doubt if they'll pursue a 600HP upgraded version of the Zephyr seeing as how it's such a small player in their lineup.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer
That's a false claim. Both the Cornerstone and King Aire had the same K3 chassis. The big exception as the fuel tank sizes, and of course TRW's Column Drive on the Newmar, which they have labeled as Comfort Drive.
Are you sure? Not so for 2015 where the King Aire is riding on a K3GT chassis with a "trussed box" design, Comfort Drive, 200 gal fuel tank and other options different from the Cornerstone which is on a "raised rail" K3 chassis.

http://www.spartanchassis.com/rv/rid...ornerstone.pdf

http://www.spartanchassis.com/rv/rid...r_kingAire.pdf
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #103
Moderator Emeritus

The ones I saw on the line in 2014 were the same. If there is a change in the 2015s I'll find out when I get to Entegra, Newmar, etc in a few weeks to do more articles.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #104

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Are you sure? Not so for 2015 where the King Aire is riding on a K3GT chassis with a "trussed box" design, Comfort Drive, 200 gal fuel tank and other options different from the Cornerstone which is on a "raised rail" K3 chassis.

http://www.spartanchassis.com/rv/rid...ornerstone.pdf

http://www.spartanchassis.com/rv/rid...r_kingAire.pdf
It looks like you do get a little more chassis for your extra $200K.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer
The ones I saw on the line in 2014 were the same. If there is a change in the 2015s I'll find out when I get to Entegra, Newmar, etc in a few weeks to do more articles.
FWIW you can use the same links to the Spartan website and substitute 2014 for 2015 and note that the 2014 KingAire is riding on a trussed torque box frame while the 2014 Cornerstone is riding on a raised rail frame. I'm not sure what this proves other than the fact that Spartan does in fact custom configure their chassis....which we already knew from the Comfort Drive & the fuel tank differences. Probably more interesting is the fact that the 2015 Essex will be riding on the the raised rail K3 chassis to more directly compete with the Cornerstone.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #106

Entegra Owners Club
Hope they don't increase the price. IMHO, with the K2, they were over priced (just didn't understand the pricing). With the K3, and the other things Newmar offers (Comfort Drive and more choices/customization), and at it's current price, it would offer Cornerstone comparability, albeit a higher price.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #107

So back to the original thread, as I see, the list of things people would like to see seems to boil down to only a few things:

1. more floor plan choices
2. better/more fans
3. better design windows/window openings
4. more comfortable (if that is the right word)) furniture
5. better QA

Looks like Entegra have 'almost' nailed it? If this list is a fair reflection of the experience of existing customers and those who may have bought given more floor plan choice, one would hope that they aren't too hard to fix as they have done with previous design issues. I only hope that offering more floor plans doesn't clash with their cookie-cutter approach.
The better QA thing, well that's another matter as has been well discussed in this thread.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #108

Entegra Owners Club
Think you're on the mark...just one side...QA and QC processes are an INDUSTRY problem...JMHO. Not unique to Entegra, and, for my money, having full timed in my Entegra for 6 months (I've had a lot of time to ID any warts), which most are not, the issues I have had or read about here are not nearly the issues some of the other brands have had. I think the interest you see here in what Newmar is doing, and the competition between Newmar and Entegra, is they are built similar, and in many of our minds, are the class at the price point. That's why generally you don't see Entegra owners bad mouthing Newmar.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #109

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Think you're on the mark...just one side...QA and QC processes are an INDUSTRY problem...JMHO. Not unique to Entegra, and, for my money, having full timed in my Entegra for 6 months (I've had a lot of time to ID any warts), which most are not, the issues I have had or read about here are not nearly the issues some of the other brands have had. I think the interest you see here in what Newmar is doing, and the competition between Newmar and Entegra, is they are built similar, and in many of our minds, are the class at the price point. That's why generally you don't see Entegra owners bad mouthing Newmar.
I believe the DH meant 16 months.
I'd like to add one more suggestion to the list, as I am usually the co-pilot, I would like to have a swing up desk 'thingie' for the passenger seat. Other than two hard to use cup holders, there isn't a place to put my iPad or Atlas as we travel down the road. Just a thought . . ..
Old 04-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #110

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
My biggest disappointment, by far, is the furniture is very uncomfortable. The foam is uneven and on the dinnette it slopes toward the table. We have had this problem on two Entegras with both Flexsteel and Villa furniture. We had the factory take it out and restuff it, it was better but still not good.
We have the same problem with our dinette et. al. in our 2013 Anthem. Hope to have the problem corrected when we go to the factory for our 24 month inspection next November. Jerry & Laura Eaves, NW Georgia
Jerryeaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #111

As an old "Quality" person, I hope they would invest in QA as opposed to QC. The difference being QA is assuring that it is right the first time and QC is the process of inspecting out/fixing the bad after the fact. QA is much more cost effective IMHO. Like my dad used to say, "You don't have time to do it right the first time, but you have time to do it over. That doesn't make sense."

The older I get the smarter "Pop" gets. By now I believe him to be a Rhodes Scholar! I just hope the manufacturers seriously look at this thread and make the proper adjustments.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:28 AM   #112

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryeaves View Post
We have the same problem with our dinette et. al. in our 2013 Anthem. Hope to have the problem corrected when we go to the factory for our 24 month inspection next November. Jerry & Laura Eaves, NW Georgia
We just had one of our couches and my recliner in our S&B re-stuffed and they are now better than new. This guy was great, he had us sit in the furniture, asked if this was comfortable and stuffed it to our body weight. It can be done and the service was reasonable only $125. and he comes to the house. It should be able to be done at Entegra as well, or a guy that comes to your house "under warranty".
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote