Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewater18 View Post
We are both still bummed because EC could get our Anthem ready in time to attend Summerfest. We will be in Tucson on Tuesday starting the delivery process.

You all have a great time at Summerfest!!
Joe, it looks like you and I will have to sit home and watch the fun from the internet for the same reason. However I get to throw in a dealer too,

Hope everybody has a GREAT time and wish we were there.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #16

Did anyone see an Entegra Anthem broke down on I-10 about 30 miles east of Indio CA? If so, it was the wife, our dogs and bird. Nice place to break down as it was only 103 degrees and the generator also shut down. Only took the tow truck 4 hours to show up (at least he made it just before dark). Probably won't be able to have it checked out until at least Monday. Maybe a good idea to give Joyce a call tomorrow? Still hoping to make at least a couple days of Summerfest II!!
Steve
Old 06-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I'd ask what happened, but it doesn't help. Hope they can fix you up quick. I'd sure contact the after hours number and make sure both Entegra and Spartan are ready and working your issue before Monday. Good luck. It is not so far that if we can help in any way, pls let us know.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I'd ask what happened, but it doesn't help. Hope they can fix you up quick. I'd sure contact the after hours number and make sure both Entegra and Spartan are ready and working your issue before Monday. Good luck. It is not so far that if we can help in any way, pls let us know.
I'm not sure what is wrong. I saw a message that said check engine and within 1 minute while I was pulling over lost power and no power steering - yikes. Because the generator would only run for a half minute or so before shutting down sounds like it might have something wrong with the fuel line? I filled up on the AZ border (Ehrenberg AZ) so have almost full tank and 3/4 DEF. I did hear a funny noise a couple minutes before this happened which sounded like something might have come loose in front.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Steve I am so sorry to hear of your break down. Mine is going back in the shop Monday for a bad rear end and the "check engine" light computer module. I found out from Spartan that the entire dash LED has to be replaced, there was a recall on them. I don't know if that relates to your problem, but the troubleshoot code was 1081 which is the code for the bad LMC.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
I'm not sure what is wrong. I saw a message that said check engine and within 1 minute while I was pulling over lost power and no power steering - yikes. Because the generator would only run for a half minute or so before shutting down sounds like it might have something wrong with the fuel line? I filled up on the AZ border (Ehrenberg AZ) so have almost full tank and 3/4 DEF. I did hear a funny noise a couple minutes before this happened which sounded like something might have come loose in front.
Sounds like fuel delivery or bad fuel. Have you looked for the fuel filter to see if it is clogged? I don't know where it is of if there are several filters, however that would be the place to start.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #21

if you go to the passenger rear compartment you will see 2 filters 1 is for air brakes 1 is for water fuel separator, look on the bottom of the water fuel separator get a cup theres a white knob open it drain it a bit see if its water or diesel u can even attach a hose to it and run it into a pail to see contents
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #22
WDE

SummerFest II

Beautiful Paso Robles. If you are on your way ... safe travels.
If you can't make it ... make sure you get Summerfest III on your schedule for next year. Tom and Regina do an incredible job of organizing a good time for all Entegra folks who attend.

Here's a photo from the EOS Winery next door to Summerfest II
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	64903  
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
Did anyone see an Entegra Anthem broke down on I-10 about 30 miles east of Indio CA? If so, it was the wife, our dogs and bird. Nice place to break down as it was only 103 degrees and the generator also shut down. Only took the tow truck 4 hours to show up (at least he made it just before dark). Probably won't be able to have it checked out until at least Monday. Maybe a good idea to give Joyce a call tomorrow? Still hoping to make at least a couple days of Summerfest II!!
Steve
So sorry to hear of your woes. I'm sure that had any of us seen you, we would have stopped to see if we could help. Something similar happened to us with both Monaco coaches we have owned. Was not water in fuel but a bad Water in Fuel sensor (Racor WIF) If no water in fuel, that would be the next thing I'd look at. Hope you get back on the road ASAP and can join us later today.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F392298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Dutch Star David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
I had a similar breakdown in my Monaco and it turned out to be algae in the fuel I bought in the vicinity of New Orleans post Katrina. It affected my genny and the motor. I now carry, even in my brand new Entegra an extra set of all the filters. If your fuel was bad, try having the filters changed. Examine the old filters and see if it looks like black carbon in the filters. If so add a biocide to your fuel regularly. A 1 gal jug costs about $20 and will treat about 1000 gals. If that is the problem, plan on two to three filter changes until you kill all the crud.

It could be another reason but contaminated fuel is most likely the culprit if it killed the genny and the motor.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote