Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2021, 07:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysfb View Post
Stuck at a campground, superslide won't come in. Power good, motor sounds strong, but it just loudly clicks and skips so the square bars do not turn. Entegra says replace motor and gearbox as one unit, ok but I remember reading a post a couple of years ago about either fixing a bolt in the gearbox or replacing the whole unit or both. I'll be searching for it shortly.

Looking for someone who has done this to make sure I do it right. No luck with campground contacts or GS contacts finding a mobile unit. Also looking at the possibility of manually bringing it in. Any help would be appreciated!
Gary, you can not buy individual parts for the gearbox. The units are proprietary to Entegra and klauber won’t sell you any part of it. I have found in at least two instances where the gearbox reduction gear bearing housing has gotten elongated to the point the bearing cracks and the gear falls over making the unit inoperative. Like Entegra told you the motors are physically interchangeable, but not power interchangeable.
If the gearbox is shot you will definitely need something to lock the slide. Like mentioned 2x4 works well, but so does vise grips locked on to the drive tubes and set against the ceiling.
Last time I checked MHSRV had the best price on the 300 part number motor for the super slide.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2021, 07:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
Edit: apologies I see the same in the above response. Good luck!!

Why not take the motor out of your bedroom and use it to bring in the drivers slide? They are interchangeable and we did that when our motor failed. Just be sure to block with 2X4s or reinsert all the motors moved.

Hope that helps!
They are no longer interchangeable. Physically yes, but power wise no. The 300 part number is now for the super slide while the 500 part number remains for the other three.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gunter View Post
They are no longer interchangeable. Physically yes, but power wise no. The 300 part number is now for the super slide while the 500 part number remains for the other three.
Oh, how are they different power-wise?
Old 10-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Oh, how are they different power-wise?
I should have said output power. The 300 is geared lower and more torque for the super slide.
Input is still 12 volt to both.
Entegra did replace the #10 wiring with #8 from the controller to our super slide motor and it runs much better. Still slow, but doesn’t hesitate like before.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:17 PM   #19

Very interesting. I have a 2012 so my slide is probably a little lighter. I was able to swap the bedroom for the driver slide. Only used it once since I knew it was under powered but it brought it in and then I swapped them back to original positions to lock the slide. In your situation, I think I’d give it a try, but purely my opinion.

Good luck!!!
Hope that helps.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:48 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gunter View Post
Gary, you can not buy individual parts for the gearbox. The units are proprietary to Entegra and klauber won’t sell you any part of it. I have found in at least two instances where the gearbox reduction gear bearing housing has gotten elongated to the point the bearing cracks and the gear falls over making the unit inoperative. Like Entegra told you the motors are physically interchangeable, but not power interchangeable.
If the gearbox is shot you will definitely need something to lock the slide. Like mentioned 2x4 works well, but so does vise grips locked on to the drive tubes and set against the ceiling.
Last time I checked MHSRV had the best price on the 300 part number motor for the super slide.
I'll be curious to see the inside once I get the new one in and everything straight. The gearbox does not seem to be totally shot, it does move the bedroom somewhat hesitantly. Now that we are in a campground that isn't closing we took it out and in a few times, but only a couple of feet. It works but seems jerky so we're not putting it out any further.

Entegra has the part for $443, no tax or shipping cost and has them in stock. Wherever I order I'll order two so if this happens again I'll be prepared. Any idea how the 300 would work on the kitchen or bedroom if one of those 500 units went out? Somehow too much torque? I haven't investigated but I hear the vanity motor is a PITA to get to.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:17 AM   #21

Quote:
I'll be curious to see the inside once I get the new one in and everything straight. The gearbox does not seem to be totally shot, it does move the bedroom somewhat hesitantly. Now that we are in a campground that isn't closing we took it out and in a few times, but only a couple of feet. It works but seems jerky so we're not putting it out any further.

Entegra has the part for $443, no tax or shipping cost and has them in stock. Wherever I order I'll order two so if this happens again I'll be prepared. Any idea how the 300 would work on the kitchen or bedroom if one of those 500 units went out? Somehow too much torque? I haven't investigated but I hear the vanity motor is a PITA to get to.
I think the 300 will work fine in the other 3 positions, but it cost more. The torque limiter is built into the controller not the motor plus you’re supposed to release the switch immediately when the slide gets to end of travel.
I’m surprised Entegra has the 300 motor for $443 last time I checked it was north of $600.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:04 PM   #22

Quote:
I think you're correct. I now have the motor out and Entegra said NOT to use Crescent wrenches but to push it in. Two of us cannot get it to budge and gently using a large Crescent does not budget it either. Waiting for more manpower or divine intervention...

This is the super slide, passenger side on my 44f that drops down at the end when extending. That may be the issue.
I keep a spare motor with me, saved a lot of head aches when I was out West, 2 hours back on the road and now have another spare.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:07 PM   #23

Angry

Quote:

You will be shocked when you look at the gearbox, lots of gears and very small to where I am surprised it will moved much of anything let alone the large slide!
Old 10-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #24

6 months ago I had the same problem. I had to replace the slide motor but after successfully doing so I noticed that the kitchen and super slide motors were the same. I thought if I had the same problem again that after the kitchen slide was in that I would move the motor over to the other side and retract the slide.

Also, have you checked the over ride switches under the bay to activate the slide manually?

Darryl Metz
2020 Entegrs Anthem
metzdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:43 PM   #25

In an emergency, you may be able to remove the motor/gearbox assembly and use something with leverage to manually bring your slide in. A pipe wrench comes to mind being mindful not to damage the metal surfaces too much. A rag perhaps.
PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:48 PM   #26

I recall when I replaced my kitchen slide motor that there is a bolt that secures the rotating spine of the motor to the spoked wheel that moves the slide in. The spoked wheel travels on a flat track that moves the slide in and out. If the motor sounds strong and you hear clicking in the slide check to see that the rotating spine in the electric motor is secured to the spoked wheel.

Darryl Metz
2020 Entegra Anthem
metzdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzdg View Post
6 months ago I had the same problem. I had to replace the slide motor but after successfully doing so I noticed that the kitchen and super slide motors were the same. I thought if I had the same problem again that after the kitchen slide was in that I would move the motor over to the other side and retract the slide.

Also, have you checked the over ride switches under the bay to activate the slide manually?

Darryl Metz
2020 Entegrs Anthem
You better look again. The kitchen and super slide motors are not the same.
Kitchen motor part number ends in 500 super slide ends in 300.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:13 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Super slide gearbox

The motor was definitely making the clicking noise.. And the clicking motor when put in the bedroom actually works, much less of a load. The bedroom motor works the super slide well but I haven't extended it all the way to avoid the down dip.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide