Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2021, 05:02 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Super Slide Scuffing Wall

I have a 2018 Cornerstone and I am experiencing severe scuffing of the wall tape directly behind the wood cornice on the large living room slide. The factory originally installed tape matched the wall paper color along the lower edge of the wall paper. At the slide is extended or retracted, it rubs against this tape and rolling it. Unfortunately the wood cornice is short enough that is does not hide this unsightly condition. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is anything I can do to stop this from happening and correct this unsightly mess? I have attached a photo to show the damage. Could the slide possibly need alignment?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wall tape failure.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	326524
nwgreen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2021, 05:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgreen2 View Post
I have a 2018 Cornerstone and I am experiencing severe scuffing of the wall tape directly behind the wood cornice on the large living room slide. The factory originally installed tape matched the wall paper color along the lower edge of the wall paper. At the slide is extended or retracted, it rubs against this tape and rolling it. Unfortunately the wood cornice is short enough that is does not hide this unsightly condition. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is anything I can do to stop this from happening and correct this unsightly mess? I have attached a photo to show the damage. Could the slide possibly need alignment?

Attachment 326524
That’s not just tape. It’s pulling the slide roof top off. There’s a fix for that, but you need to contact Entegra.
That material you see is slide roof material. If you go outside with a ladder you will see where it’s pulling your slide roof loose.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:26 PM   #3

You are correct, it's the slide top being pulled away. That happened to my 2017 Aspire when it was less than 6 months old. It was so bad that the slide out started leaking. Had it repaired under warranty at the dealer but since then it has started leaking again to the point it has leaked into the slide top and caused the roof on the inside of the coach to sag. When the dealer repaired it they didn't say anything about a fix other than to glue the membrane back down. Now I am out of warranty and have been told that the whole slide top will have to be replace at a cost of several thousand dollars. I contacted
Entegra to see if it was covered under their 5 year structural warranty, and guess what, the slide is not considered part of the structure. Make sure it is repaired correctly before you wind up in my situation.
Dave1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:26 PM   #4

The slide roof is pulling off mine too, but nothing shows on the inside, yet.

The roof is just glued on rubber, including where it turns vertical.

The fix is a length of fiberglass that is attached to the backside of the flange, over the rubber, holding it down.

I bought the parts from Entegra, under $200, and will install them someday.
Installation will require detaching the outer edge of the topper and flipping it onto the roof.
I'll also need some sort of really short power screwdriver to get in there.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:29 AM   #5

Do you mind sending pictures of the material you bought from Entegra along with any part numbers?

Thank you in advance!

Tags
slide