Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #1

Superior Service in Atlanta

In late November we left our coach at our dealer for service. One of the items was the annual aqua hot service. We arrived late in the day on December 29 to spend the night at the dealer and leave the next morning on our annual snowbird excursion to Florida. When we arrived at the dealer our coach was parked in the customer area with slides open, lights and heat on, nice and warm inside.

The next morning we discovered we did not have hot water for showers. Whoa, just had the aqua hot service. No, we were not happy. The techs came right out and in about 30 minutes we had hot water, showered and headed south for some warm Florida weather. That night we boondocked in WM parking lot on our way south. This was during the cold spell as far south as Bradenton so naturally we turned on the AH but it would not fire up. OK, I was mildly upset, so I call the GM of the dealership. He tries to help me figure it out, he checks with his tech and calls me back several times, by now is 11:00 PM. No luck so I run the Ginny and the heat pumps that night.

The next day we arrive at our destination, a SP with only 30 amps near Bradenton. The really cold weather is coming so I’m on the phone trying to find an AH repairman. I Spoke with three different people and the best I could get was a service call in 7-10 days. That same day the GM from our dealer called and asked where we were. Later that same day one of the AH repairman I had spoken to earlier called me back to say that he had gotten a call from our dealer and he would be at our campsite first thing the next morning. Sure enough he showed up and in about an hour had our AH purring. I thought maybe he had a relationship with someone at our dealer and was doing this as a favor but that was not the case. He said the guy called him the previous day and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

I know this is kind of long but there are two points I want to make. The dealer is NIRVC and the GM is Todd Springs. Todd delivered a shining example of Superior Service. In my working life we defined SS as Service better than you expect and better than you can get anywhere else. Todd surely did that and we were very glad because we had only 30 amps and a week of near freezing temps coming. The second point is, ideally this should not have happened. We just paid $200 plus for the service. The tech who came to our site to fix it said it was obvious whoever did the service did not know what they were doing. So even the best dealers screw up sometime but how they handle that screw up sets them apart. My personal thanks to Todd Springs for going beyond the call of duty!
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #2

This is a great point. You regulars on here know I sing NIRVC praises regularly, are they perfect, no, but they have always done for me exactly what they did here, own their mistakes and bust their butts to get it fixed. Thanks Mike for pointing this out, the real test of a dealer is what they do about their screwups, and these guys fix theirs. Just me experiences.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
This is a great point. You regulars on here know I sing NIRVC praises regularly, are they perfect, no, but they have always done for me exactly what they did here, own their mistakes and bust their butts to get it fixed. Thanks Mike for pointing this out, the real test of a dealer is what they do about their screwups, and these guys fix theirs. Just me experiences.

I agree. Todd and the techs at NIRVC are not perfect, because they are human, but I doubt you will find anybody anywhere that will do whatever it takes, like they will, to make a problem not be a problem for long. Todd has saved me from myself several times.
Brett, Todd, and Eddie Braley are great people who really care for and about their customers. They EARN the praise they get here.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Chris View Post
In late November we left our coach at our dealer for service. One of the items was the annual aqua hot service. We arrived late in the day on December 29 to spend the night at the dealer and leave the next morning on our annual snowbird excursion to Florida. When we arrived at the dealer our coach was parked in the customer area with slides open, lights and heat on, nice and warm inside.

The next morning we discovered we did not have hot water for showers. Whoa, just had the aqua hot service. No, we were not happy. The techs came right out and in about 30 minutes we had hot water, showered and headed south for some warm Florida weather. That night we boondocked in WM parking lot on our way south. This was during the cold spell as far south as Bradenton so naturally we turned on the AH but it would not fire up. OK, I was mildly upset, so I call the GM of the dealership. He tries to help me figure it out, he checks with his tech and calls me back several times, by now is 11:00 PM. No luck so I run the Ginny and the heat pumps that night.

The next day we arrive at our destination, a SP with only 30 amps near Bradenton. The really cold weather is coming so I’m on the phone trying to find an AH repairman. I Spoke with three different people and the best I could get was a service call in 7-10 days. That same day the GM from our dealer called and asked where we were. Later that same day one of the AH repairman I had spoken to earlier called me back to say that he had gotten a call from our dealer and he would be at our campsite first thing the next morning. Sure enough he showed up and in about an hour had our AH purring. I thought maybe he had a relationship with someone at our dealer and was doing this as a favor but that was not the case. He said the guy called him the previous day and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

I know this is kind of long but there are two points I want to make. The dealer is NIRVC and the GM is Todd Springs. Todd delivered a shining example of Superior Service. In my working life we defined SS as Service better than you expect and better than you can get anywhere else. Todd surely did that and we were very glad because we had only 30 amps and a week of near freezing temps coming. The second point is, ideally this should not have happened. We just paid $200 plus for the service. The tech who came to our site to fix it said it was obvious whoever did the service did not know what they were doing. So even the best dealers screw up sometime but how they handle that screw up sets them apart. My personal thanks to Todd Springs for going beyond the call of duty!
Good Point
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #5
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I agree. Todd and the techs at NIRVC are not perfect, because they are human, but I doubt you will find anybody anywhere that will do whatever it takes, like they will, to make a problem not be a problem for long. Todd has saved me from myself several times.
Brett, Todd, and Eddie Braley are great people who really care for and about their customers. They EARN the praise they get here.
2X-in spades!
Old 03-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #6

I agree, Todd will do whatever possible to take care of you.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Superior Service in Atlanta

We love NIRVC in Atlanta. Bought our coach in Dec, 2017. Every thing we asked of them they did. Could not be happier. Best people to deal with. Most honest RV people that I have ever delt with. Highly recommend.
Samuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We are extremely satisfied with NIRVC-Atlanta as well; very happy we purchased from them.
AUGAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #9

Nirvana is at the top of our list for or next/retirement rv(6 or so years away) never to early to start watching.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:36 AM   #10

In July I ordered a part from NIRVC and was told that it was backordered. On Feb 22 I posted on the thread about ordering from the dealers that even they could not get the parts as I was still waiting. That evening I received a call from Todd asking about the part. He said he would see what he could do. Two weeks later he had the part and even offered to drive the 100 miles to my house to install it. Instead, I asked him to just send it since it was held in place by only 3 screws.
Excellent response from NIRVC and Todd

Tags
service