Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
SurgeGuard Transfer Switch Fault

I have a message on the Vega Touch Panel that there is a “Transfer Switch Fault” and with that message, there is no power from the generator in the coach. Has anyone encountered this error and if so, what was the remedy? I have both Shore power and Inverter power in the coach.

Generator Runs and 120/240 from the generator is present on the feed side of the SurgeGuard relay. The relay for generator power will not energize when shore power is switched off and the generator is running.

Both Red LEDs are lit indicating there is 50 amp when Shore Power is connected. Neither LEDs lit even though there is 120/240 present on the feed side of the relay.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 05:14 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I had that problem and it's fairly common. Larry had posted how to repair the communication cable from the Vega Touch to the transfer switch. It looks like a telephone cable that plugs into the bottom of the transfer switch.
A few days after his post, my VT had the “Transfer Switch Fault” on my way to exchange the 19. Remembering Larry's post, I was able to spend 20 minutes jiggling the connect to get it to come on and have AC on the way to NIRVC.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ele...or-500071.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:38 PM   #3

try this

after a long time on trying to figure the issue with my communication fault with the transfer

NIRV Lewisville did the following

1) check both connections yellow and blue colored wires
2) replaced the transfer switch
3) update the fire fly system to latest version
4) BEWARE when they install the new transfer switch that the software/firmware is the latest version to match the firefly version.

This is a bid secret that onlY the school of hard knocks will teach

Larry
Nozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #4

Larry,

I am getting ready to replace my transfer switch on Friday and was wondering how to update the firmware/software. Also, how do you know what version is the latest? I had a 1 and done hit on the transfer switch while it was in the shop getting my tag axles aligned. No idea how, but something happened. At any rate, any information would be appreciated.
Jadurlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadurlin View Post
Larry,

I am getting ready to replace my transfer switch on Friday and was wondering how to update the firmware/software. Also, how do you know what version is the latest? I had a 1 and done hit on the transfer switch while it was in the shop getting my tag axles aligned. No idea how, but something happened. At any rate, any information would be appreciated.
John, I can't answer your question definitively, but will offer the following:

With your coach being a 2017, you have an older version of the VegaTouch panel, which I'm guessing is that same generation as the VegaTouch panel in my 2018 Cornerstone.

Starting with the 2019 model year, there was a new version of the VegaTouch software which included a revised user interface (i.e., what you see on the screen) and the capability to update the VegaTouch software via an Internet connection.

With the VegaTouch version you & I have, the only way to update the VegaTouch software and/or firmware is to remove the panel and send it back to Firefly. They normally send a new panel and keep the old one you return. As I recall from the time when I was working with them on a different issue, I believe they will send you an updated panel and let you return the original after the fact.

With that as background, I don't know of any way to determine whether a replacement transfer switch will require an update to your current VegaTouch panel. My inclination would be to install the new transfer switch and see what happens. If it works normally, call it good and head on down the big wide road of RV adventure. If not, contact Firefly and see what they have to say.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you learn!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
John, I can't answer your question definitively, but will offer the following:

With your coach being a 2017, you have an older version of the VegaTouch panel, which I'm guessing is that same generation as the VegaTouch panel in my 2018 Cornerstone.

Starting with the 2019 model year, there was a new version of the VegaTouch software which included a revised user interface (i.e., what you see on the screen) and the capability to update the VegaTouch software via an Internet connection.

With the VegaTouch version you & I have, the only way to update the VegaTouch software and/or firmware is to remove the panel and send it back to Firefly. They normally send a new panel and keep the old one you return. As I recall from the time when I was working with them on a different issue, I believe they will send you an updated panel and let you return the original after the fact.

With that as background, I don't know of any way to determine whether a replacement transfer switch will require an update to your current VegaTouch panel. My inclination would be to install the new transfer switch and see what happens. If it works normally, call it good and head on down the big wide road of RV adventure. If not, contact Firefly and see what they have to say.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you learn!
Thank you for the information! I am planning on doing it tomorrow. Will disconnect everything before doing it and hopefully all goes well.
Jadurlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:42 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Replacement of the transfer switch does not require updating the firmware of the VegaTouch. Be sure you order the same transfer switch which should be 40350-RVC. If there are other reasons to update the firmware, Firefly can send you a updated that you plug into the net port in the G6 panel above the entry door.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:11 AM   #8

When I changed out the transfer switch a few months ago it locked up my Vega touch and would not go past the boot screen. Firefly had to update mine using WiFi but I am not familiar with your software version and like others have said they would know best from their experience.

On a side note if you are not under an extended warranty south wire had me send my bad transfer switch in for diagnostic and found it was indeed bad. They sent me a new one for free after I bought new one from Entegra so I now have a backup LOL. I was no longer under warranty but they made it right and worth a shot to get it covered if your not under an extended service contract.
JGilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch, transfer switch