Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Swinging Fridge doors no more

My 2014 Anthem has the Samsung French door fridge with side locks Entegra added. My two top doors are relatively secure but that darn bottom drawer works the latch loose and results in frozen chicken or fish when going around a big corner. The past several years we have wedged one of my sneakers under the drawer when traveling. Classy, I know.

I saw on one of the RV blogs a product made for most types of fridge. Called “Fridge Fixer”. It’s basically an aluminum bar that mounts using the fridges’s hinge bolts and a big nylon wedge the seller made on a 3D printer. Takes about 10 min to adjust and install. Cost about $40.

https://www.recubed.solutions

Our swinging days are over
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A75F2803-55C4-4B04-8D2D-C1DE9CB3A8C0.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	238764  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #2

Owning the same vintage, I saw the same. Looking forward to your experience.
It certainly looks like the right solution.
Flying frozen chicken or Frosty Paws would hurt.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
My 2014 Anthem has the Samsung French door fridge with side locks Entegra added. My two top doors are relatively secure but that darn bottom drawer works the latch loose and results in frozen chicken or fish when going around a big corner. The past several years we have wedged one of my sneakers under the drawer when traveling. Classy, I know.

I saw on one of the RV blogs a product made for most types of fridge. Called “Fridge Fixer”. It’s basically an aluminum bar that mounts using the fridges’s hinge bolts and a big nylon wedge the seller made on a 3D printer. Takes about 10 min to adjust and install. Cost about $40.

https://www.recubed.solutions

Our swinging days are over
I installed one before our present trip and 1500 miles in has worked great. As you have said simple install and adjustment.
Jimjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That is actually a brilliant contraption.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Yes it is. Wished I had something similar on the liquor cabinet. Forgot to put the heavy twist tie on the cabinets and you guest it a grown man crying when his crown reserve hit the floor while driving. Oh yea, I now have 2 fewer tiles in the spare box in the basement.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #6

Herb

Forget the ties.... head to Amazon and look for the packs of hook and loop straps... they have all sizes/lengths, and just find the right size and strap your handles together and BINGO!!, you are now safe from opening. I also have all my booze bottles wrapped in foam "jackets" and the bottles are packed in the liquor closet so they don't move around. And if you are not too fussy, just leave the strap there all the time so it is never "lost". I can't live without those straps now that I have discovered them. Also have a bunch of zip ties but they are hard to release or cut so the Velcro is the way to go.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #7

I've been eyeballing that too.

Our freezer drawer seems to be tweaked, probably from only being secured on one side. We get a buildup of ice on the top right, gasket in this area fails the dollar bill test. (Anyone know how to readjust the freezer drawer? )

For that fridge lock, exactly what did you order?
Our Samsung model doesn't seem to be specifically listed?
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
This is, by far the best solution. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/rf-1...ll-373572.html
Old 03-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Second the suggestion for Velcro straps. I use them "just in case" on fridge, pantry doors and on the removable shower head. On our first Entegra we had a Costco size jar of garlic stuffed olives come flying out...by some miracle it did not break but we had a nice big dent in the fridge and a broken tile to remember it by. The shower head did a nose dive to the bottom of the shower and created a nice chip. You gotta love the highways...NOT. Once we started using the Velcro strips, nothing ever moved again. Picked mine up at Lowe's but Home Depot carries them also.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
I've been eyeballing that too.

Our freezer drawer seems to be tweaked, probably from only being secured on one side. We get a buildup of ice on the top right, gasket in this area fails the dollar bill test. (Anyone know how to readjust the freezer drawer? )

For that fridge lock, exactly what did you order?
Our Samsung model doesn't seem to be specifically listed?
I can highly recommend the Fridge Fixer also. I had replaced my fridge with one of the 3 door models and was looking for an easy way to secure the doors. Since they did not show a model for the 3 door fridge, I contacted them to inquire about my fridge. The owner was very helpful and told me if I would give him a little bit of time, he would custom make me one specific to my model. I have been using the fridge fixer now for about 6 months on numerous trips and it is simple, quick and it works. If you have any questions or need help deciding on which model, don't hesitate to contact them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181121_122636119.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	239039   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181121_122435905.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	239040  

Old 11-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
New Model Fridge Fixer for Samsung RF23HCEDBSR

Happy Thanksgiving!

For those with the Samsung RF23HCEDBSR fridge that was factory installed in many Entegra's from about 2014 thru 2017, there is a newer model of the Fridge Fixer that is an adhesive design and super simple to install. Also it does not interfere with the freezer light on the bottom of the left fridge door.

https://www.amazon.com/Fridge-Fixer-...990649&sr=8-11

We have had it installed for a couple thousand miles so far and been on some very bumpy roads and it is working perfectly. Holds all three doors firmly, is unobtrusive and is very easy to lock and unlock. It also has a "prop open" slot for when the RV is in storage and the fridge is shut off.

More photos on my blog site: https://myquantumdiscovery.com/fridg...e-doors-closed
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Here's a $5 fix.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Happy Thanksgiving!

For those with the Samsung RF23HCEDBSR fridge that was factory installed in many Entegra's from about 2014 thru 2017, there is a newer model of the Fridge Fixer that is an adhesive design and super simple to install. Also it does not interfere with the freezer light on the bottom of the left fridge door.

https://www.amazon.com/Fridge-Fixer-...990649&sr=8-11

We have had it installed for a couple thousand miles so far and been on some very bumpy roads and it is working perfectly. Holds all three doors firmly, is unobtrusive and is very easy to lock and unlock. It also has a "prop open" slot for when the RV is in storage and the fridge is shut off.

More photos on my blog site: https://myquantumdiscovery.com/fridg...e-doors-closed
Looks like a great design got even better. Thanks !
Old 11-29-2019, 04:22 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
That doesn't help the freezer which is the main issue we have. We've tried looping similar straps around the three handles but pulling upward on the freezer handle invokes a mechanism to force the door open, so the strap is actually somewhat counterproductive. While it prevents major disaster it will still let the doors open enough to be a problem.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, doors, fridge