Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2019, 07:10 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Switch from Direct TV to Cable Wiring?

Giving some serious thought to dropping Direc TV and switching to Spectrum cable while on our site in Florida.

We have a 2017 Anthem 44A. My thinking is that we can have the cable company bring the feed into the basement and then distribute it to the LR & BR TV from the coax cabling attached to the Wingard splitter.

Does this make sense? Basically we want to have the recording capability of the cable system on their receivers when we get all done.

Probably will call Entegra tomorrow to see if they have a wiring diagram showing the coax distribution for the satellite, but also hoping someone else has done this before and can share there results.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2019, 08:01 AM   #2

Other, more knowledgeable members will chime in but my 2017 Aspire has a cable hookup in the basement that distributes cable tv to all televisions. I had to use campground cable while waiting for a replacement Winegard.

Jonny
Old 12-29-2019, 08:20 AM   #3

Here at the South Bay, FL RV park they have cable installed. I had Comcast come out and installed 1 cable from the pedestal to a box in the coach that has high speed internet wifi and installed 2 wireless boxes for the living room and bedroom TV. Works great and we have fast, dependable, private 7/24 internet.

No need to send signal to a switch box but the cable tech can install his cable into you distribution switch box. We don't record but it easy to do with the cable remote.

No contract and just pay the monthly bill $170 bucks for all the above. That includes premium channels movies, all sports, Big Ten, Red Zone NFL, etc... We were paying $130 a month just for Direct TV and no internet. So I think it's a good value. Once the football season is over we will drop the sports channels and lower the cost.

A week before we leave Florida I will return the hardware and shut off the service...no deposit required with good credit.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #4

My 16 CS 45A has the coax input mounted just above the power cord reel. I carry a 50 ft coil of coax for park connections. Just make sure your OTA antenna above the door is turned off and run a channel scan for cable each time you change locations.
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5UMC View Post
Here at the South Bay, FL RV park they have cable installed. I had Comcast come out and installed 1 cable from the pedestal to a box in the coach that has high speed internet wifi and installed 2 wireless boxes for the living room and bedroom TV. Works great and we have fast, dependable, private 7/24 internet.

No need to send signal to a switch box but the cable tech can install his cable into you distribution switch box. We don't record but it easy to do with the cable remote.

No contract and just pay the monthly bill $170 bucks for all the above. That includes premium channels movies, all sports, Big Ten, Red Zone NFL, etc... We were paying $130 a month just for Direct TV and no internet. So I think it's a good value. Once the football season is over we will drop the sports channels and lower the cost.

A week before we leave Florida I will return the hardware and shut off the service...no deposit required with good credit.
Interesting, didn't think about wireless, but that could also be a solution. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:19 AM   #6

Use what is there

All you have to do is put the cable box where your Direct TV receiver is (Under the TV) and plug the HDMI out of the CB to the same input the DTV receiver used.
Your cable input from the cable company will plug into the cable input above your Power real. Turn OFF the OTA antenna booster and your done.
Now when you select your Sat input it will work just like your satellite but it will be from your cable box.
Easy Peasy.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinantholt View Post
All you have to do is put the cable box where your Direct TV receiver is (Under the TV) and plug the HDMI out of the CB to the same input the DTV receiver used.

Your cable input from the cable company will plug into the cable input above your Power real. Turn OFF the OTA antenna booster and your done.

Now when you select your Sat input it will work just like your satellite but it will be from your cable box.

Easy Peasy.

Kevin

I tried a version of this summer without success. We have a 2019 Aspire in case this info is model specific. What I don’t seem to get is input/output. Is the HDMI from the box to the old satellite the input, and then you connect another HDMI cable to the TV as the CB box output?
AZ520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ520 View Post
Kevin

I tried a version of this summer without success. We have a 2019 Aspire in case this info is model specific. What I don’t seem to get is input/output. Is the HDMI from the box to the old satellite the input, and then you connect another HDMI cable to the TV as the CB box output?
No, the HDMI from the CB is the output to the Matrix (TV's). It give the picture and sound.
The input to the Cable box would be the screw in cable type (RG6)
Depending on floor plan it where your Sat receiver and DVD player are on the main TV.
The cable that runs to the booster goes from their to the back of the TV. Their should be a splitter in the area or it could go directly to the back of the main TV. in that case remove it from the TV and go into the CB. you will loose the OTA but you problably don't care since you will have cable. When you end up leaving and need OTA again just reverse process.
My floor plan it's under the TV above the fireplace.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, switch, wiring