Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #1

Switch panel problem

Had a red green light flashing in the 12 volt fuse panel in the half bath on our 14 Anthem 44B flashing in the center panel with the Entegra logo. Then noticed a red light on several switch panels at the top one in the main bath another outside the half bath and the front panel that controls the slide outs.
I tried to reset by turning off the coach power and turning it back on the flashing light at the fuse panel stopped but still had switch panels with red lights at the top center. Finally determined that the front panel would not work at all. Called CS they diagnosed bad switch panel at the front $380.00. I also had a leak in the rear bath above the mirror CS thought that might be part of the problem. We are in Fort Walton Beach FL and have had 5" of rain the past week so maybe water is the problem Eternabond tape is in future plans. Anyone else experienced a problem like this?
1thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #2

Yes, every light in the entire coach failed, and in my case, it was quickly diagnosed as there being a massive leak that was channeling rain water into the space behind the wall directly behind the co-pilot seat. Instructed to pull the multiplex panels (3 of them) off the wall and dry them out. Also instructed to put my fingers through the holes in the wall and see if I could feel wetness. Easy to feel wetness because everything was sopping wet. Also, the back of the matrix panels were wet and eventually the water shorted out individual LED lights in the panels and the entire panels stopped working also (they were burnt up by shorts).

At an early stage in this problem, it was suggested that I pull the panels out of the wall far enough that I could get to the 2 wire plastic connectors which tether the panels to the coach wiring. Then, use a hair drier to dry off all the plastic connectors and the back of the panels themselves. That solved the problem temporarily. However, it continued to rain heavily for another 24 hours and the whole thing shorted out for the last time again, and every LED light on the coach was made inoperable. I then decided to make an emergency trip to Middlebury, where they kept the coach 2 weeks and during that time, ripped out the "sheetrock" and all the wood panels up above the seat and over the front dash. They have a rain room in Middlebury and the coach was put into the rain room twice. The first problem was a "void" found between the front cap and the body of the coach, and that was filled. But it still was taking on water so back to the rain room and then they found that one of the support brackets for the front Girard awning had somehow worked loose and there was no seal, so that was re-sealed.

You might be able to profit from my story. Getting behind the panel to dry things out will probably help you. However, you need to get this fixed pronto as the possibility of black mold and mildew is a serious one. To Entegra's credit, I did not need to beat them over the head about my concern with this issue...... they brought it up first and I believe they did everything that needed to be done at the time to get the leaks found and stopped. I have no idea of what they used to stop the leaks or whether it has been permanently fixed, but that is the story.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #3

Oh, and yes, there were red and green LEDs flashing in multiplex panels all over the coach. None of this blew out a fuse, amazingly enough, but there were fault codes on every panel..

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, that is an amazing story, what an experience! Glad it worked out and the leak has come to an end.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:36 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,

Good one to catch early and get fixed quickly as you said. I wonder how many other manufacturers would tear things apart to the extent that they did on yours to get it fixed? It would be great if this situation did not happen at all but humans put them together and errors will happen.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel