Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #1

System air filters

Has anyone used any product other than the black air filters that come with your coach? Seeking better resolution for my allergies.

Thank you
tkocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkocamping View Post
Has anyone used any product other than the black air filters that come with your coach? Seeking better resolution for my allergies.

Thank you
What year coach, they take different sizes. I'll attach links if I know which ones you need. A signature line would be a big help. Your profile says you have a HR.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #3

I purchased a HEPA Filter with UV from Amazon, nice and small and works great. We leave it on all the time and it removes dust, and odors. I was cleaning the a/c filters after each trip and now they stay clean much longer.

I also bought an Ozone Generator which is very small and I run it before and after each trip - I run it towards the back and then the front and in the basement. It kills bacteria, viruses, odors, insects and more. Be warned you can not run it with People, Pets and Plants. Here is how it works: "Ozone generators produce ozone by adding energy to oxygen molecules (O2), which cause the oxygen atoms to part ways and temporarily recombine with other O2 molecules creating ozone (O3). This process occurs in nature by two ways: Lightning (Corona Discharge) or Sun (UV light)".

Ozone generators can be extremely useful for cleaning pungent odors, removing the smell of smoke, and eliminating mold. They are used in hospitals, hotels, and even homes, they can be dangerous and must be used properly.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
What year coach, they take different sizes. I'll attach links if I know which ones you need. A signature line would be a big help. Your profile says you have a HR.

2021 Entegra Aspire
tkocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
This will be cut to fit for the 21, but are 10x those of the foam filters. Having a signature line is going to help others trying to help you. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King-...Filter/3055595
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:20 PM   #6

Do not attempt to use the AC filters for purification. Those filters are just for keeping lint from accumulating on your AC fins. Get, for example, a Dyson HEPA bladeless filter, or two. That will clean your coach. Nothing you do to the little AC filters will matter.
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:23 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a link to ready to install filters and they have sizes for Entegra. They state to not clean them so they are one time use. Therefore way to expensive for me to consider and I will keep using the Frost King and cutting them to fit. But they appear to be a very good product and if you want something quick they may do the trick for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Filters-Condi...a-902947359591

Tags
air, air filter