Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 07:37 AM   #141

If T Mobile is actually concerned about the number of signals at specific tower (and it seems that they are), then it seems pretty logical that TMobile is not going to be happy with people who want to take their Hubs and routers all over the country in the way that Mobleys have been used in our coaches. So there continues to be a need to find some company offering a truly mobile unit with unlimited data at a reasonable price.

Although I have never liked AT&Ts attitude toward customers, their now expired Mobley offer continues to be the best thing I have heard of. Im' looking for anyone who wants to compete with that, dollar for dollar, gigabytes for gigabytes.

Ears wide open

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #142

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
If T Mobile is actually concerned about the number of signals at specific tower (and it seems that they are), then it seems pretty logical that TMobile is not going to be happy with people who want to take their Hubs and routers all over the country in the way that Mobleys have been used in our coaches. So there continues to be a need to find some company offering a truly mobile unit with unlimited data at a reasonable price.

Although I have never liked AT&Ts attitude toward customers, their now expired Mobley offer continues to be the best thing I have heard of. Im' looking for anyone who wants to compete with that, dollar for dollar, gigabytes for gigabytes.

Ears wide open

Gary
The Mobley plan is an anomoly and not likely to be emulated by others. Even AT&T no longer offers it, I think because it turned out to be a loser for them. Bandwidth is a scarce and costly resource and the providers cannot afford to give it away for less than it cost them to provide, which is why almost all plans have caps on them of one type or another.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:34 AM   #143

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post

Ears wide open

Gary
Gary, I mentioned in post #11 that I passed this on for those that missed on the Mobley deal that will never be duplicated again. Seeing different articles about the T Mobile Mobility, I though it was worth a mention. for those that may have a need.

This program will not fill a need for everyone, but they cannot get a duplicate deal like the Mobley either. Instead of picking the T Mobile plan apart, I looked at how it can work for me and I will sign up as soon as it is available at my address.

If you find the same deal as a Mobley, we will be looking for you to pass it on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:40 PM   #144

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,
I found what is currently available at $25. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/25-m...ml#post6226458
Old 06-28-2022, 08:12 AM   #145

Entegra Owners Club
About T Mobile expansion. I store my MH at a private air park in the county, outside of the city for the past 19 years T Mobile just brought 5G Ultra Connect into the air park with a 5 bar signal, 4 bars in the back of the community. Verizon for the past 19 years, a weak one bar signal, checked yesterday with a Verizon user, still one bar on his phone that was 5G. JME in SWFL T Mobile is expanding 5G much faster than Verizon.

I will probably have home wifi at that address before my home address. For my needs I will be riding the expansion of T Mobile's 5G with the home wifi as soon as it is available to me.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:47 PM   #146

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
After a bad decision to go to TMTwo years ago. I switch back from t-mobile to verizion because TM would not work at most CG's we camp at. I just picked a TM mint mobile phone just the other day for those rare cases when TM works and Verizion does not work. Now I want to find a cheap att.

But in my search an article was comparing the big 3. To net it out, it was who reaches the most Americans verizon 96%, att 95% TM 80%. . I camp far enough away from populations that an 80%er is most likly not going to wast an antenna to reach that small of a population.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:57 AM   #147

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
After a bad decision to go to TMTwo years ago. I switch back from t-mobile to verizion because TM would not work at most CG's we camp at. I just picked a TM mint mobile phone just the other day for those rare cases when TM works and Verizion does not work. Now I want to find a cheap att.

But in my search an article was comparing the big 3. To net it out, it was who reaches the most Americans verizon 96%, att 95% TM 80%. . I camp far enough away from populations that an 80%er is most likly not going to wast an antenna to reach that small of a population.
I have been following many service post like this. If I had to go through the hassle every year with provides, FMCA, etc. I would switch to Starlink and be done with it. Drop all of the internet providers, Satillite subscription fees, and Starlink becomes a hassle free bargain. I just added YouTube TV at home just to try it out. It has everything DISH does at less than 1/2 price. Starlink has more that enough speed to stream from anywhere.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:24 AM   #148

Youtube TV is a great deal if you have unlimited cell coverage. I subscribed to YouTube TV maybe 18 months ago but found that streaming was just not ready for prime time using a system that is based on AT&T and Verizon and traveling in the west. If I was sitting outside of New Orleans or Dallas 6 months a year, I think I could be happy with YouTube, but if you are not located in a major market, then I found it was not dependable,

I have Dish 200 to 250 channels and find that I ever watch maybe 6 channels total and the rest are pure garbage. I would unload sat in a second if there was an adequate replacement, but in my experience, there hasn't been a replacement for "live" sat TV YET...... but

Things change quickly these days and I will try to change with them.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:47 AM   #149

Entegra Owners Club
There you go Gary, old technology pieced together trying to make new technology work.

Others are dropping Satellite at $150-$200 plus per month, Wifi cell service(s) at $50 each per month, usually two of those and switching to Starlink for $135. per month. I just subscribed to YouTube for $54.00 with a $10. discount
Sat and cell services $300 per month. Starlink with Youtube TV $189. a month and works anywhere, anytime. No over loaded towers from Snowbirds or full RV parks where everyone is on the same cell service

Something else to look at for traveling

So far YouTube TV is working well in the S&B. I have the Wally in the MH to go Pay as You Go with DISH which has worked well in the past. I am giving YouTube a month in the S&B to see if it will be permanent which it looks like it will. The savings would just about pay for a Starlink monthly fees if I was traveling more.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:55 AM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have been following many service post like this. If I had to go through the hassle every year with provides, FMCA, etc. I would switch to Starlink and be done with it. Drop all of the internet providers, Satillite subscription fees, and Starlink becomes a hassle free bargain. I just added YouTube TV at home just to try it out. It has everything DISH does at less than 1/2 price. Starlink has more that enough speed to stream from anywhere.
I have been following starlink. Unless I'm wrong, maybe they addressed these short fallings. It does not work while traveling down the road, there is no roof stationary antenna. You must set out an antenna to make it work.

So I will still need the cell phones with a good data plan. It's only a system that will work when I get set up in a campsite and want to setup the antenna. No on the road usage, not practical for one-nighters. A little issue if you are under to many tree branches, clouds can cause some minor problems. But it should work at almost all the CS's we camp at except the well shaded sites??

Once the shortcoming are addressed I will be looking at it much closer.

So the way I look at it. DW and my cell phones $60/mo with data plan we need either way. So we add a phone with TM $20/mo and att $xx/mo turn down the extra phones in the months we don't travel much. So pay about 10 extra months a year. Added cost estimate $500-600 a year.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:14 AM   #151

Entegra Owners Club
Art, your drawbacks for traveling with the Starlink is the same reason I am looking and will get the T Mobile Home Wifi along with the AT&T Mobley for traveling. The T Mobile will be the monitoring wifi for my coach in storage as the T Mobile has 5x the signal as AT&T at that location. The T Mobile will also be my backup after a hurricane as phone lines (DSL) are the first thing to go down. If it works on the road as well, it's a bonus for my needs. Nice that more options are coming available. However, I think we will constantly be chasing cell services as they keep improving. I know I sure have over the years.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:04 AM   #152

Entegra Owners Club
There is not one perfect solution. I was ready to pull the trigger on Starlink but have now put that on hold. Starlink RV is $135 month and $650 equipment cost with delivery. There is the setup and storage issue with Starlink. I had a question for Starlink but they don’t have a phone number or email or chat. 1st year cost about $2000 and no pre sales support was a turn off. If you use the RV plan your service is at the very bottom of priority. If you plan to use it in areas that are over saturated (look at their map, if regular home service is not available then it’s oversold in that area and your speed will likely be much slower. I didn’t want to pay $135 / month for 5mbps service and have to deal with setup & storage. I you stay or boondock in non service saturated areas I think Starlink would be worth the expense. But…for me I unfortunately stay a large portion of my time in areas that are over sold. I will again use cellular data, T-mobile, AT&T & hot spot my Verizon phones when needed.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:34 PM   #153

Entegra Owners Club
Just saw this, it’s concerning but I can’t imagine the FCC would go along with Dish on this.

STARLINK
Today we ask for your support in ending a lobbying campaign that threatens to make Starlink
unusable for you and the vast majority of our American customers.
As recently reported, DISH Network has been hoarding spectrum for years as a strategy for preventing open
and fair competition.
Most recently, DISH has been attempting to claim new rights to the 12 GHz band, which is the
spectrum you currently use to download content with Starlink. Despite technical studies dating back as
far as 2016 that refute the basis of their claims, DISH has employed paid lobbyists who are attempting to
mislead the FCC with faulty analysis in hopes of obscuring the truth.
In reality, if DISH gets their way, Starlink customers will experience harmful interference more than
77% of the time and total outage of service 74% of the time, rendering Starlink unusable for most
Americans. You can read the details here.
The FCC and your members of Congress have the power to stop this effort, but they need to hear from you.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:13 PM   #154

Entegra Owners Club
M109guy, That does not surprise me about DISH. Two years ago DISH dropped our local CBS station, WINK TV in Ft Myers and have not accepted any of their contract offers. We added an OTA antenna connected to the Hopper so we would still be able to record. Two weeks ago DISH started scrambling OTA signals going through the Hopper, after WINK's last offer was rejected until 8PM when the National CBS programming was broadcast, but it sometimes carries over scrambling the programs we record.

DISH is about as low handed as they come and why I am in the process of changing to 100% streaming at the S&B. If it works well on the road, I will drop DISH completely. I pay for DVR privileges, but now it's only on their chosen channels.

This was one of the reason I made this post asking if T Mobile Home Wifi was working on the road for others.