Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2022, 07:30 PM   #43

Verizon provides 60G hotspot per line.....150g for Winegard 4g Lte 2.0.

Very good coverage everywhere.. T-mobile is trying to catch up....but they won't. They are second tier to Verizon and ATT. They are however a good option in suburban areas.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2022, 04:29 AM   #44

We have T-Mobile and really like it. We find coverage in most areas.

Our experience has shown us that no one carrier can provide coverage all across the USA. Many of our friends have 2 different carriers in their family. this is for coverage purposes.

We enjoy the low cost of T-Mobile combined with an internet purchased SIM card for ATT. Between these 2 carriers, I think we have coverage in 99% of the country. T-Mobile is $90/month for 2 phones, and ATT is $300/year for an additional phone. This works well for us.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 04:57 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
As a reminder, the post is about the new T Mobile Wireless Home unit that now can go portable. It has unlimited data for $50. a month. Would love to hear reports from those that are using it, at home or in an RV.

Everybody's cell phone plan is probably perfect for them.

The post was just to pass on another new to the market wifi tool and feedback from those that have tried it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
As a reminder, the post is about the new T Mobile Wireless Home unit that now can go portable. It has unlimited data for $50. a month. Would love to hear reports from those that are using it, at home or in an RV.

Everybody's cell phone plan is probably perfect for them.

The post was just to pass on another new to the market wifi tool and feedback from those that have tried it.
I am going to order the equipment today. My location will be a good test because cell signal here with Verizon is terrible. Too, we plan a short local trip which should be a decent test. I'll compare it to Verizon and ATT and report back to the board.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:20 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I tried the T-Mobile Gateway for ten days as a test here in Massachusetts. I wanted to compare to my bundled FIOS. I did not see any difference in upload and download speed. As a matter of fact, I think T-Mobile was a little faster. I also tried our internet using multiple devices. We switched our mobile phone service to T-Mobile as soon as they came out with their 55+ plan. We cut our bill in half, and are very pleased. Our bundled Verizon home plan is approaching $190.00/mo. $35.00 of that is taxes and fees. We Winter in central Florida and would love to take the gateway with us. The local T-Mobile store advised that the gateway was only for one address, let alone while mobile. We are still debating about changing the house over to T-Mobile for internet and TV. Economically, changing is a no brainer. However, if things do not work out long term, it could be expensive changing back. Where we live, our Cable/TV/Internet is more than our gas bill or electric bill.
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:22 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car1 View Post
The local T-Mobile store advised that the gateway was only for one address, let alone while mobile. We are still debating about changing the house over to T-Mobile for internet and TV. Economically, changing is a no brainer. However, if things do not work out long term, it could be expensive changing back. Where we live, our Cable/TV/Internet is more than our gas bill or electric bill.
Car, that was what kind of started this post. According the gurus of RV wifi, just announced in June the Gateway was now to be portable. https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/t-m...now-supported/
My local store was not aware of it yet either, but reading other RV post, others are using it successfully not at their home addresses.

I have a friend that is a full timer, also with a T Mobile hotspot. He is going to the store today to see about switching to the Gateway. He uses his daughters home address for his account, so hopefully I will have a past and present wifi devise to report back on.
Old 06-13-2022, 11:43 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I tried the T-Mobile home hotspot a few months ago here in fl. I was in a 4g5g area and couldn’t get a good enough signal on 5g . I had issues with my security cameras for some reason the security felt it was the routers fault .. no defined address. I decided to drop the service and maintain my 40$ spectrum service.
I have never had worse customer service in my life trying to return the home unit. The store couldn’t help because the account was closed the online help need me to verify who I was in person but the stores wouldn’t / couldn’t do it 5 trips to the store , many calls escalated to Tampa supervisor and finally they sent me a return label ( the store wouldn’t take the unit back it had to be mailed. I. Short It will take a bit for me to go back to them.
Not on the rv internet article post they disclaim the spoke with T-Mobile and they specified no mobile use as not their intention .. only the you could change home addresses.
Who knows if they will enforce it but buyer beware
Old 06-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Looking forward to any update you or your friend experiences. If I can take that Gateway on the road, or at least have it work stationary in Florida, will be a real game changer. Where I am in Florida I need to subscribe to Spectrum. No contract, but not cheap.
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:39 PM   #51

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Have tested the T Mobile Wireless Home internet at home & two campgrounds now. At each it has been better or about the same level as ATT and Starlink "Verizon is not even close & using 8800L".

We have been using in this order

T-Mobile and Starlink as primary then
ATT
Verizon
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:19 PM   #52

New Braunfels, TX T-Mobile at Home Test

We just acquired the T-Mobile at Home internet and so far love it. We currently have GVTC (a local fiber optic co-op) running at 50 GB. Install of T-Mobile was easy and we are now getting 4 bars and 250GB upload and 175GB download. I work remotely as CISO for an online education company and am often on video calls and constantly monitor the “bad guys”. This has provided more bandwidth and a higher quality of internet. (Have not needed to test customer service).

I can easily see how this can be mobile and look forward to checking it out. My GVTC is $70/month and T-Mobile is $40/month since my wife is on T-Mobile Magenta. If we get another line, $20/month add, at home internet drops to $30/month.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:15 AM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
Have tested the T Mobile Wireless Home internet at home & two campgrounds now. At each it has been better or about the same level as ATT and Starlink "Verizon is not even close & using 8800L".

We have been using in this order

T-Mobile and Starlink as primary then
ATT
Verizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
We just acquired the T-Mobile at Home internet and so far love it. We currently have GVTC (a local fiber optic co-op) running at 50 GB. Install of T-Mobile was easy and we are now getting 4 bars and 250GB upload and 175GB download. I work remotely as CISO for an online education company and am often on video calls and constantly monitor the “bad guys”. This has provided more bandwidth and a higher quality of internet. (Have not needed to test customer service).

I can easily see how this can be mobile and look forward to checking it out. My GVTC is $70/month and T-Mobile is $40/month since my wife is on T-Mobile Magenta. If we get another line, $20/month add, at home internet drops to $30/month.

Hope that helps.

Nice to see others have had good success with the system, I know it is not going to work everywhere for everyone, I don't think there is a service that will. But for those that are currently with the FMCA program that is changing from T Mobile to AT&T and they have had good service from the FMCA program, this system, I understand is an upgrade for the same price. For those that are phone subscribers, it can drop to as low as $30. a month makes it one heck of a deal and it's price locked.

For those that would like to check out the system, it is a Arcadyan KVD21. There are several videos on YouTube, speed tests, comparison to other like units, antenna upgrades and about anything one could want to see if it will work for their needs. It is also router ready with Ethernet ports.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:24 AM   #54

Chuck

I've taken time this morning to read through most of the on-line information about the Acadyan system. You are right..... it is impressive reading. Sounds a lot like my Mobley system but with more potential capacity.

One place I get hung up is with the text ALWAYS in fine print at the bottom or the page. I'm looking at the Magenta 55+ package. My memory is that it says no throttling up to 100 Gigs but beyond that, it is knocked down to 3G which is still pretty livable in my experience. But then it seems like the system somehow knows if you are using the system as a mobile unit (like in our coaches) and then the max capacity before derating is ~ 50 gigs. How does the system know..... and I wonder why it cares? It recognizes that you are moving from tower to tower and knocks back your allocation? Wonder why this provision appears in the fine print. I wonder why they care is you are consuming you data at your house or at the RV park 200 miles away? Makes little sense to me. Data is data.... bandwidth is bandwidth, wonder why it matters.

Also, it appears the max number of connections is 10. I have found that in our coaches, we can quickly find that there are a bunch of TVs, devices, the coach itself that want to consume all those lines. 10 is much better than I now have on my Mobley and my Verizon MIFI so it would help but sure would be nice to see 20 or 30 devices sometimes in a list.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:04 AM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, I can't answer the fine print question, the Mobiley has that as well, but has it every been applied in our uses? I hear that T Mobile uses disclaimers, but rarely does it get put into effect. I can relate to Verizon in my case...I never reached a restriction and it still didn't work. I have never had a data problem with any of my phones. My phones auto connect to the Mobiley as soon as I am in range which has unlimited data. The few times I have needed my phone for data I have been fine. If I have the Mobiley Unlimited and the T Mobile Home unlimited, my phone data plan could be 3GB and I would be fine. Most of the place I use wifi outside of the MH are Doctors offices, etc. which all have "free" wifi. Even the VA clinic has installed wifi now. I ran 2 GB on the Verizon plan and never exceeded it. I was always on wifi.

As far as the number of connections, easy work around. Plug in a router, the Gateway now has one connection. All the other connection would be connected to the router. Or connect all item on the MH through the Winegard. The Mobiley was only good for 5 devices, but everything in my MH connected through the Winegard.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:26 AM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
As far as the number of connections, easy work around. Plug in a router, the Gateway now has one connection. All the other connection would be connected to the router. Or connect all item on the MH through the Winegard.
Just some FYI on the T-Mobile gateway connected to the some routers WAN port -

Asus RT-AC68U would not get an IP address from the gateway.
Wifi Ranger Aspen worked without issue.

Did not work on the issue with the Asus because I had Aspen and it is a temporary setup so I could let a family member use a hotspot in their RV.
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote