Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
T Mobile Question?

Is anyone here "currently" using T Mobile? I have a situation with Verizon that my local S&B tower is overloaded during Snowbird season. Verizon is not going to correct the problem until 5G is installed, but they don't know when that will happen in my location

Those that are currently on T Mobile have the dead spots improved while traveling? I have heard they have made great improvements and are head of Verizon on 5G.
Would like to hear any current first hand knowledge. TIA

BTW, it's not only RV parts that are hung up in shipping, new Samsung S21 phones are also in short supply. My local Best Buy only had one in stock and it was pink.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I currently use T Mobile with an iPhone 12 Pro Max SmartPhone, since last November. I have had no coverage issues, have traveled in the midwest, mountain west, southeast during that time frame. Their 5G low band has very good nationwide coverage.

I switched from Visible, a Verizon pre-paid brand that Verizon set up to only use native Verizon cell sites and not Verizon's rural roaming partners. Did not work for me as I found there were many mountain west places that are served by Verizon's rural roaming partners where my Visible phone said no service and friends with Verizon prepaid worked fine.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
I currently use T Mobile with an iPhone 12 Pro Max SmartPhone, since last November. I have had no coverage issues, have traveled in the midwest, mountain west, southeast during that time frame. Their 5G low band has very good nationwide coverage.

I switched from Visible, a Verizon pre-paid brand that Verizon set up to only use native Verizon cell sites and not Verizon's rural roaming partners. Did not work for me as I found there were many mountain west places that are served by Verizon's rural roaming partners where my Visible phone said no service and friends with Verizon prepaid worked fine.
We switch from AT&T to T-mobile earlier this year and have been very satisfied. On a cross country trip this summer coverage was outstanding with very few dead spots. T-mobile has it going on. Just traded my iPhone 12 for a 13 Pro Max, upped my Magenta plan to Magenta Max and got free Netflix a $13 a month savings. The Magenta Max senior is $90 a month for two phones and includes 40 gigs of hot spot data for each phone. With that I cancelled our 100G hot spot. Net savings is incredible and so is the service.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Is anyone here "currently" using T Mobile? I have a situation with Verizon that my local S&B tower is overloaded during Snowbird season. Verizon is not going to correct the problem until 5G is installed, but they don't know when that will happen in my location

Those that are currently on T Mobile have the dead spots improved while traveling? I have heard they have made great improvements and are head of Verizon on 5G.
Would like to hear any current first hand knowledge. TIA

BTW, it's not only RV parts that are hung up in shipping, new Samsung S21 phones are also in short supply. My local Best Buy only had one in stock and it was pink.

Far superior to Verizon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switched to T-Mobile about a year ago. Got a great plan for low $$$, no contract with unlimited data [ 100+ gig before even thinking about slowing down] and through our travels in the South East we only find dead spots in national park / preserve areas [like all of them]. They have 5G coverage almost everywhere. We consider this the best move we've made in cell phone. Since they are combined with Sprint now they have a really large footprint and based on what I've seen with other family members by far the best coverage.

Via Bluetooth to the infotainment system I use Pandora for free, and commercial free Pandora on the weekends courtesy of T-Mobile no need for syrius. Not to mention the free Netflix and a few other things.

Like you we are in FL.

HTH
Old 11-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #5

Chuck, I don't have T-Mobile specifically but I do have Mint which uses T-Mobile towers. I pay by the year for 2 lines. I think we get 5GB, but not sure and we've never used more than that in the past year. For $5 more you can get 10GB and all plans include hotspots. Anyway I pay $360/yr for 2 lines. I haven't experienced any problems or coverage issues.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:48 PM   #6

My Sprint business service became T-Mobile and service may be slightly improved.

For me, my personal AT&T phone seems to have better service.

I am still 4G.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:01 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We got rid of t-moble 2 years ago. It would sometimes work at our house. Had a contractor at the house. He has t-moble. Same thing sometimes works. Map indicates it works. I'm about 1 mile off interstate at the same elevation.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:07 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I can’t comment on the 5G coverage area but our Sprint/T-Mobile Hot Spot was almost useless out west this summer as soon as we left the interstate corridor. No service at all in the campgrounds we used in Wyoming, nothing in Ouray or Durango or other areas. Friends with the phone service were having the same issues with their phones but I don’t know if they had 5G capable phones. I know you like to travel off the big highways so you may want to keep one Verizon phone until you make a trip to some of your favorite places just to be sure. BTW, the Mobley and our Verizon phones had good coverage the whole time. We would lose coverage on some of the twistees when down in the valleys but always had coverage at the campgrounds.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:13 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
I can’t comment on the 5G coverage area but our Sprint/T-Mobile Hot Spot was almost useless out west this summer as soon as we left the interstate corridor. No service at all in the campgrounds we used in Wyoming, nothing in Ouray or Durango or other areas. Friends with the phone service were having the same issues with their phones but I don’t know if they had 5G capable phones. I know you like to travel off the big highways so you may want to keep one Verizon phone until you make a trip to some of your favorite places just to be sure. BTW, the Mobley and our Verizon phones had good coverage the whole time. We would lose coverage on some of the twistees when down in the valleys but always had coverage at the campgrounds.
That is one plus about having the Mobley, I always have AT&T wifi calling. Currently that is how I am having to use my Verizon phone at home is wifi calling on my DSL internet service. Thanks for that feedback.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
A word of caution…..you can not trust T Mobile coverage map.

A few months ago I got excited about an offer from T Mobile. So I looked at the maps and it looked like we had coverage. Got in the car and drove 50 miles to a T Mobile office. Dropped my ATT and signed up for T Mobile. Drove home and had almost zero coverage, and when I had a little service, it was intermittent.
Next day drove back to office and switched back to ATT. Net cost of my mistake about $200. And my old ATT plan was cancelled, which meant I got a new plan…..cost about $12 a month more.
Good luck…
Old 11-20-2021, 04:59 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
We got rid of t-moble 2 years ago. It would sometimes work at our house. Had a contractor at the house. He has t-moble. Same thing sometimes works. Map indicates it works. I'm about 1 mile off interstate at the same elevation.
That is why I was asking for "current" users. I know in the past T Mobile was spotty and why I did not switch back then. Currently in my area Verizon is overloaded and T Mobile is getting good reports. I left AT&T years ago for the same reason Verizon is giving me now. Back then AT&T had a lock on the market as they had an exclusive on iPhones and put nothing into tower improvement. Now Verizon is tell me the same thing until they bring 5G into my neighborhood. Two years ago before the population increased, I did not have a problem with Verizon at my house.
Old 11-20-2021, 05:14 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
2years ago when we had t-moble, that's what we had. Go to just about any campground t-moble would not work. With verizon 80+% of the time we have service. But we did stay at a campground that the only people with service was t-moble
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:41 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fqberful View Post
Far superior to Verizon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switched to T-Mobile about a year ago. Got a great plan for low $$$, no contract with unlimited data [ 100+ gig before even thinking about slowing down] and through our travels in the South East we only find dead spots in national park / preserve areas [like all of them]. They have 5G coverage almost everywhere. We consider this the best move we've made in cell phone. Since they are combined with Sprint now they have a really large footprint and based on what I've seen with other family members by far the best coverage.

Via Bluetooth to the infotainment system I use Pandora for free, and commercial free Pandora on the weekends courtesy of T-Mobile no need for syrius. Not to mention the free Netflix and a few other things.

Like you we are in FL.

HTH
Thanks for the nice report, that is encouraging. The Pandora is a great tip, thank you.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:41 PM   #14

Cant help on T-Mobile, but I have 2 Verizon iPhone 12s and Verizon MIFI. Also have ATT Mobley.

Verizon data was a disappointment, unless in the middle of a major city, I rarely saw more than one bar.... now that one bar worked for voice a lot and iphone data seemed OK, but not great. Most reliable all over CO, WY, ID, NM, TX was ATT. Surprised. The reverse of what I used to experience.

I have been told thqt Verizon has decreased cell tower power to the minimum that they feel will handle their area and if true, that explains what I experienced. Was on the road 3 months, and virtually never saw more than one bar on Verizon.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote