Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #15

I checked all wheel hub seal bolts and all were tight except the passenger side tag hub bolts. They had loosened also. Certainly an area for concern. I will remove each bolt and apply loc-tite to each! Tommy
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #16

There was an issue with some of the tag axle seals/vents that leaked. Lots of those replaced by Spartan.

When mine were replaced they discovered another problem that could be present on other coaches that had the tag axle seals replaced.

The Spartan emblem/ hub cap retainer bolt was too long. On our coach the bolt was so long it would actually contact the new tag axle seal and cover up the vent in the seal which would have probably resulting in the new seal leaking or being damaged.

It is worth checking to make sure the emblem bolt is not too long so as to contact the seal. Spartan cut about 1/4 inch off the bolt. I double checked the bolts on all the emblem/retainers to make sure none of the others were contacting. Just used a lump of clay on the seal and screwed in the retainer. Some were a little close so I ended up shortening the bolt on several other emblems just to be safe.

Spartan is aware of this and automatically shortened the bolts on the retainer when the new seals were installed but it is not written or recordered anywhere in the retrofit instructions as one of the other techs noticed and remembered and the retainers were removed and bolts shortened after the job was basically complete the first time. Lots of dealers missed this I am sure if the factory barely remembered.

Easy to remove the retainer and check so do it.

AWC

AWC
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:12 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
If you use Lock-tite on the Stemco cover bolts, make sure to use Lock-tite Blue rather than Lock-tite Red. Blue has plenty of holding power. No need to use the Red and cause yourself grief when you need to remove them in he future.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak