Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #85

Hold on to your hats, rumor has it RV Mfg's are going to cut bigly holes in the walls and have a part of the house slide in and out of that hole. Who's going to be crazy enough to buy that leaky thing?
joe4rvfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #86
Rd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Don't kid yourself. The customer ulimately pays for everything that goes into the motorhome. Where else but the customer is the manufacturer going to get the money to pay for these things?
Yes Marc, we ultimately do. I think dave&ginny's observation is spot on. wait till that particular system matures.
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #87

Send a message via Skype™ to TDB1227
Passive tag

The passive tag does make a difference making turns. First couple of days driving my 2017 CS making right hand turns I clipped corners - this NEVER happened in my 2013 CS.
2 weeks ago very, very tight sections in MEXICAN RV Park I go frequently - much easier to navigate with the passive tag.
TDB1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #88

Tag steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I'm just glad that all of you are helping Spartan figure all of this out. In 3 or 4 years when all the bugs are worked out I'll buy a pretty good coach

X2!
When I lift my tag for a tight turn, it is flawless! I'm convinced that the $$ for steerable is not yet ready for prime time; likely a flash in the pan but with more to maintain and more to fail.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #89

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
passive steer

I have a 2016 Newmar Ventana with passive steer. it worked when I drove it off the lot then it just stopped working one day for no reason. I took to freight liner and they couldn't fix it so now I have a coach with a 12k upgrade and it doesn't work. need help on what the next step should be .
paulchinnici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #90

Don't ask here, call Newmar Wed AM; and don't give up till they fix it........
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #91

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulchinnici View Post
I have a 2016 Newmar Ventana with passive steer. it worked when I drove it off the lot then it just stopped working one day for no reason. I took to freight liner and they couldn't fix it so now I have a coach with a 12k upgrade and it doesn't work. need help on what the next step should be .
That is one big concern I have with a steerable tag....who can work on it? I had 3 sets of rear end gears go out in the first 6 months....that was a hassle in itself to get it worked on. After that, I am sacred to death of a steerable tag.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #92

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulchinnici View Post

Sound like it's on a F/L chassis, so they say they can't fix it? Did they call Gaffney for assistance? You can call them yourself at 1 800 FTL HELP.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #93

Spartan Chassis
The passive tag problem only seems to be with Freight Liners and not Spartans. This probably is because Spartan already were using steerable rear axles on fire truck chassis and probably already worked out potential bugs. Since this issue could become a safety one, I would send a complaint to the DOT.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #94

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did they ever fix it for you
paulchinnici is offline   Reply With Quote