Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2020, 09:14 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
So I decided to swap out the dump switch and add a few LEDs as indicators. Very simple modification below.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/the...in-465278.html
Brilliant idea. Mine is even simpler as I don't even have an Auto mode, just a momentary switch. I think I'll add an on/off switch but also a simple timer circuit to never leave the dump mode on for more than some time, probably 60 seconds. That way I won't be driving with the tag dumped.

My Monaco was so nice, once energized the tag would totally lift off the pavement and stay up until the switch was turned off. Or if vehicle speed went over 10 MPH in which case it switched off. Sure wish I had that on my Aspire....
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post
Brilliant idea. Mine is even simpler as I don't even have an Auto mode, just a momentary switch. I think I'll add an on/off switch but also a simple timer circuit to never leave the dump mode on for more than some time, probably 60 seconds. That way I won't be driving with the tag dumped.
Didn't I read or hear somewhere that the tag dump wouldn't work over 15mph? If that is true, wouldn't it automatically reactive when that speed is exceeded?

Ray
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post
I have the same as you. I was also thinking about swapping out the switch to a non-momentary one. You would think it would be a simple single pole on/off, but no. See picture. I didn't have a meter with me at the time to check exactly how it is switching.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.png
Views:	23
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	297326  
Old 08-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
I have the same as you. I was also thinking about swapping out the switch to a non-momentary one. You would think it would be a simple single pole on/off, but no. See picture. I didn't have a meter with me at the time to check exactly how it is switching.

Ray
I’ve already Don the switch swap. Take a look at post #14 in this thread. This is one of the most used modifications I’ve ever done on any of my coaches.....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post

Ray
I’ve already done the switch swap. Take a look at post #14 in this thread. This is one of the most used modifications I’ve ever done on any of my coaches.....
Old 08-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I’ve already done the switch swap. Take a look at post #14 in this thread. This is one of the most used modifications I’ve ever done on any of my coaches.....
I saw that post, it's what first put me on to the idea. The difference is yours has manual-off-auto positions. Mine only has a momentary on, no auto position. I have to figure out exactly what kind of switch I need.

Ray
Old 08-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #21

Quote:
This is a very simple mod for you. All you need to do is search either Carling switches or Rocker switch pros. You’ll be able to find a basic switch there.

Use your current switch and pull the part number off of it, then plug that number in on the web site and look at the family of switches. Once I knew the family or type I needed I then was able to match up what I was looking for.....
Old 08-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't think about getting a part number off the switch. Thanks

Ray

Tags
tires