Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2017, 07:04 AM   #1

Taking Delivery Next Week!

We are super excited about our new '17 Aspire DEQ we bought at the Tampa show. We have spent hours reading all the great knowledge on this forum, watched the "PJ" videos, and feel good about most aspects of the learning curve and the adventures ahead. We know that Entegra CS will be there for us should we need them. And we know there are always going to be "something".

Our only concern is making sure we don't miss anything in the delivery process. I have an extensive PDI checklist from the sticky in this forum and our previous delivery experience, will take our time, video the walkthrough, spend the night in the coach & test everything before driving off.

My question is what else we should look out for during the inspection process? Anything that from your experience, should be looked for? Any tips & tricks you can share?

Thank you in advance.

Todd
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2017, 07:14 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Bring along a somewhat disinterested third party, and have them record the PDI for you. You can't possibly remember everything they tell you, and you can't successfully both be part of the PDI and record it too.
With a recording you can refer back to it as many times as you'd like.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
One of the most important from my experience and a few other is to drive it. If it is not steering correctly, don't take it off the lot until it is. A few of us it has taken 2 years to get that Spartan problem corrected.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:32 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Good luck with the PDI.

Post some pics after you take delivery.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
One of the most important from my experience and a few other is to drive it. If it is not steering correctly, don't take it off the lot until it is. A few of us it has taken 2 years to get that Spartan problem corrected.
Dealer has agreed to allowing us to drive & complete inspection/ PDI before writing check!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #6

If you have time stay at the dealer or near by for several nights and use everything, and I mean everything and every feature of everything. We did that and found several things the dealer took care of that was not discovered during our PDI, but more importantly learned "by doing" how to use most of the features and equipment while help was close by. This is our fourth coach so we are not newbies.

Congradulations and good luck. You will be a happy camper.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:37 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Bring along a somewhat disinterested third party, and have them record the PDI for you. You can't possibly remember everything they tell you, and you can't successfully both be part of the PDI and record it too.
With a recording you can refer back to it as many times as you'd like.
Good suggestion about a third party to do the video.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
If you have time stay at the dealer or near by for several nights and use everything, and I mean everything and every feature of everything. We did that and found several things the dealer took care of that was not discovered during our PDI, but more importantly learned "by doing" how to use most of the features and equipment while help was close by. This is our fourth coach so we are not newbies.

Congradulations and good luck. You will be a happy camper.
Agree. A couple three days stay is needed to sort out as much as possible. Both learning and issue remediation.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Take in as much as you can as you won't remember it all. We drove off the lot the first day and stopped on the way home to spend our first night. Well let's just say I didn't remember everything and was glad that we were in an empty lot when the alarms went off during the night. We traded from a 35 ft gasser to the Aspire so we had a big learning curve and still are learning more each time we take it out. If you miss something that's not right Entegra will make sure that it is taken care of.

Enjoy the new ride!
jbhobbs54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #10

You already addressed Chuck's recommendation but I would add that the drive not be just up to the next exit on I-4 and then return. Before even getting there I'd use google maps to chart a drive loop that challenges the coach not just in vibration and quietness but also for any rattles or squeaking from driver's window, etc. If your Aspire was on display then I'd make sure the entry, carpets, etc. are completely free of stains, nicks in the woodwork. Also the sconces are likely to be crooked in which case you might want to have them put in another style (like the Anthem's for instance).

We did an audio recording of the entire process, video is better but that might distract you but as noted a third party doing the recording is even better. I'd also get a thorough demo of the audio/visual equipment and assuming you bought the Direct TV config make sure you take your home boxes with you (the genie boxes are far superior not to mention smaller) and exercise the Winegard antennae several times to insure it locks on correctly, stows and repeat several times.

Know you'll love your Aspire but just go into the whole process open minded and determined to not get frustrated by small blips; you're in good hands with Entegra.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #11

Good suggestion on the drive route @jmcarter. Will do! We plan to look close at everything & have in writing any "show" damage will be corrected before delivery.

Don't have a Direct TV receiver from home to take, so I wonder if I can exercise the antenna without it?
Old 01-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #12

Don't believe it will lock on a satellite but others may know otherwise. Perhaps borrowing a friend's is an option?
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #13

Todd, Did you buy it from Lazy Days? Jan does an extremely thorough job with the pdi, she took 2 days with us. We stayed as long as we wanted and made sure everything worked as it should and that all our questions were answered. We did need a few tweaks and they took care of it all before we left. Enjoy your coach!
Lisa
Old 01-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #14

Don't have a Direct TV receiver from home to take, so I wonder if I can exercise the antenna without it?[/QUOTE]

We had NIRVC set up our Direct TV. We brought two receivers from home and showed them to the technician, he commented that they were antiques and that they would not fit in the cabinets. So he put two Genies in and they work very well. Having that done by the dealer was a good decision. The training we got on the audio visual was priceless. It took two sessions, because we forgot most of the first session and we could not watch tv our first night out because did not turn on the audio system which controls the video input.

I highly recommend you get a receiver from direct tv and have your dealer install it, so you know it all works.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote