Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #15

My bad, sorry

TCS is the pre paid card and has dropped Speedway

Apologies!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #16

With both the FMCA TCS card and the TSD card in hand, I'm able to start running comparisons on the discounts available. There is a TA just outside of Madison WI. Both the TCS and TSD cards are accepted there.

With the FMCA TCS card the discounted price for diesel is $2.588/gal. which is about a $0.411 discount from the retail price of $2.999/gal.

The TSD card lists the discounted price for the same station today to be only $2.493/gal, meaning that I'd see an additional savings of $0.095/gallon.

You can guess which card I used for this purchase. Hopefully the FMCA TCS card will prove more useful in future purchases.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #17

I am good Teri has a bad cough and we are at the doctors right now.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
With both the FMCA TCS card and the TSD card in hand, I'm able to start running comparisons on the discounts available. There is a TA just outside of Madison WI. Both the TCS and TSD cards are accepted there.

With the FMCA TCS card the discounted price for diesel is $2.588/gal. which is about a $0.411 discount from the retail price of $2.999/gal.

The TSD card lists the discounted price for the same station today to be only $2.493/gal, meaning that I'd see an additional savings of $0.095/gallon.

You can guess which card I used for this purchase. Hopefully the FMCA TCS card will prove more useful in future purchases.
I think it will be TSD that gets better as the more fuel purchased under their name the deeper the discounts they can negotiate. I also understand they are working with PFJ to get something close to the Love's and TA discounts instead of the current 5¢ per gallon.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #19

My wife and I received our TCS fuel card. Set the account up and found another way to get funds on the card. My wife logged into our Credit Union and sent an electronic check to the TCS office in Bartlett TN. There are no fees for using this option. Our first fuel purchase will save us 28.7 cents per gallon on the trip to Long Key FL. Also, with our Credit Union mobile app, we can send an electronic check from anywhere on the road. The first electronic check will be applied to our account after it clears the TCS bank but, after the first, the funds will be immediately available once the check is received by TCS. So, it looks like it will be well worth the account setup. Thanks FMCA for bringing another member benefit to us!
BradTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:08 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
We have used the TSD-EFS CARD for over a year now and have found that LOVES has the biggest saving, Also the easiest to use. We will be with AIM CLUB at Tampa Super show anyone having questions on how to use the card with your GPS come find me.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:40 AM   #21

We also are using our TSD-EFS card this trip.
Used Loves and a TA so far, no complaints.

Not all truck stops are created equal. Pre-Card, on our way down to Atlanta last November, we stopped at a Pilot in Paducah, KY.

Pilot Store #358, I-24 and KY 305, exit 3.

I would put this on my list of NOT TO STOP.
Insanely crowded and small truck fueling area. So tight, I was considering unhooking the toad. It felt like a mouse trap where you can get in but nobody can leave. Once I turned in, we were stuck.

I was thinking about starting a new thread but since Pilot is in the program, I thought I would post it here.
Our route planning will usually have fueling options so we don’t pigeon hole our selves and fill up around third to quarter tank.
I don’t think an aerial view would have been much help either, and would not have thought to do so, especially considering it was a national brand.
Nothing against Pilot, but I would be ashamed to call that a truck fuel stop.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:35 AM   #22

Tom, you are right. All truck stops are not considered equal and they actually aren't. We have encountered several out west that are just terrible, in size, facilities, equipment. Before the EFS fuel card, I was a big advocate of staying away from truck stops... still am for anything except diesel pumps, but I think my behavior is going to change some now that I can price compare between EFS final cost and my "patronize anything but a truck stop for the discount plus then throw in an additional 5% discount on my PenFed credit card.

However, I second your interest in a thread specifically about truck stops or fuel locations. It would be a useful thread to have in here that just deals with particularly bad truck stop fuel locations, now that many of us are using the the EFS or TCS fuel cards. I'd encourage you to go ahead and start the thread and I will be happy to add to it as I start to haunt commercial truck stops now that my prices are a little more reasonable. It would be a good public service thread.

And it was nice to meet you and Bev this past week. We had a great time and look forward to seeing you in Quartzsite.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #23

X2 on truck stop thread.

BTW, I love the EFS card for the discount, but can Love's ask any more questions at the pump? I swear, I had to answer 8-10 questions at the pump today. Some stores are worse than others, but I can't believe the truckers like screwing around with all the questions any more than I do.

I know it might be easier with the Love's app, but I've been trying to avoid signing up with yet another store that will bug me with ads and unnecessary emails. Besides, I'm not sure I'm ready to pay with my phone yet.

Steve
Old 01-02-2020, 07:30 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
We have not tried the phone APP yet. Been grounded with Dr. appointments since Oct. except for AIM's Cajun Rally. Have not experienced any question @ Loves using the card. Leaving for Tampa Next week so I will try the phone APP out.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the app but found it easy to just use the card at the pump. Maybe I’m just old school, in spite of my IT background.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #26

Tried our card for the first time the 31st (Exit 8, I-65 AL). The pump kept asking for our truck #. Went inside, and the same thing - cashier finally entered truck # "0" and the card worked fine.

A bit of a hassle, but easy in and out of the station, and saved ~9.00 over the best local station. Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
We have not tried the phone APP yet. Been grounded with Dr. appointments since Oct. except for AIM's Cajun Rally. Have not experienced any question @ Loves using the card. Leaving for Tampa Next week so I will try the phone APP out.
Tommy the questions I'm talking about are the standard ones at the pump like services? Def? Diesel? etc.. I'm used to those having used the Flying J cards for years.

Loves / EFS also asks additional questions. Like cash advance? etc. etc..

Yesterday, for some reason I had a large number of these additional questions I've never seen before, and it got old reading them and pressing skip. Just let me start the pump already!

Steve
Old 01-02-2020, 09:28 PM   #28

Back to OP question regarding FMCA TCS card vs TSD EFS. I signed up and received both cards. Haven't used either yet, but did compare posted fuel prices for each card at the same location in areas where we travel. The EFS card was .08 to .10 cpg lower (after service chg) than FMCA TCS CARD. I canceled the FMCA TCS card and will use the TSD EFS card when we get back on the road this spring. Just my experience comparing the prices as posted by each company.

Tags
fuel