Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #1

Technical Service Bulletin #18-007

I apologize if this info has already been posted. Today (6/18/2018), I received a letter from Entegra titled “Technical Service Bulletin Notification TSB #18-007." It reads as follows:

“Dear Valued Customer:

Entegra Coach has determined that certain Model Year 2018-2019 Aspire, Anthem, Cornerstone and Insignia Class A Motorhomes require inspection of the clamps that tighten the hose to the plumbing for the macerator toilets. Loose clamps may allow sewage to enter the motorhome when flushing the toilets.

Our records indicate that this Service Bulletin affects your motorhome. Please contact an Entegra dealer to schedule an appointment for this urgent bulletin repair and present this letter as authorization to have the repair completed at no cost to you.

If you have sold or traded your vehicle or for any reason cannot have this service performed, please contact the Entegra Customer Service Department at 800-517-9137.

We certainly regret this inconvenience; however you satisfaction with your Entegra Motorhome is important to us.

Sincerely
Entegra Coach”

Our particular coach is a 2018 45B, which has a macerator toilet in the aft master bath but not in the mid-ship half bath. As you can see in the photo below, behind the aft bath toilet there is a wooden box on the wall and the toilet sits tight up against that box. I thought the top of the box might be designed to lift off, but that isn’t the case. So if the potentially loose clamps are inside the box, the box may require some demolition work to get at them. Or maybe the toilet has to be removed. Or maybe the potentially loose clamps are located somewhere else.

I’m going to contact NIRVC here in Phoenix (not far from our house) and see if they have the detailed instructions regarding what is supposed to be done. That said, we’ve never used that particular toilet and probably won’t in the future, so I’m not sure I’m going to worry too much about this service bulletin. I do flush the aft toilet on a regular basis, just to keep fresh water in the drain line between the toilet and the black tank. We haven’t noticed any leaks inside the motorhome so far.

If anyone knows or learns more about this situation, please post the info. I’ll do the same once I talk with the guys at NIRVC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 001.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	207683  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #2

Larry

The whole TSB and the written document on how to tackle this problem on your own if you feel like you want to try is published elsewhere in this Entegra forum right now. Look for it.... the whole 7 or 8 page manual on what to do is published in that thread.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #3

Thanks Gary - I'll track it down.

Found it:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ente...ks-396834.html

To avoid duplication/confusion, please refrain from adding any additional posts to this thread. Instead make those posts in the thread linked above.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post

To avoid duplication/confusion, please refrain from adding any additional posts to this thread. Instead make those posts in the thread linked above.
If you click the red triangle below your picture you can ask the mods to close your thread.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:42 AM   #5
Community Administrator

This thread is closed . Please follow link in post #3.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread

Tags
service