Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2016, 06:41 AM   #1
PJL

Tecma Macerator Toilet Flush question

Occasionally, our Tecma Macerator Toilet will not refill the bowl after flushing. Water still enters the bowl during the flush, but it simply drains as if the evacuation valve is holding open for a bit longer than normal. Flush again, and it works properly. This can happen whether on city water or on water pump. Nothing else was demanding water in the coach at the times of flushing, and it works properly on a secondary flush, so I don't believe the problem to be low water pressure. Entegra tech found and repaired a 'kinked water line' thinking this was the fix, but happened again right after this 'fix'. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, did you find a resolution?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2016, 07:10 AM   #2

Our Anthem A has 2 Tecma toilets but we've never had the issue you describe however have you or the tech done a water level re-program by holding both buttons to set ? Just a thought.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #3

There was an owner talking about exactly that same situation with the past 2 or 3 months. My memory was that it led to a solution.

Also, you can call the Entegra emergency after hours Customer Service on-call person. I believe that person will be able to tell you what to do to diagnose and resolve your problem.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:29 AM   #4
PJL

Thanks. I will try another search of the forum to see what I find. This isn't an emergency, and I'm actually at Entegra for service. They thought a kinked water line was the issue, but had the same situation arise the day after they repaired the kink. I was simply trying to find another possible solution to share with the tech when I inform them Monday that their fix wasn't the solution. I'm not complaining, as this is an intermittent problem that is hard for a tech to replicate.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:36 AM   #5

My Solution

I had a similar problem. The issue was the drain pipe behind the toilet was lower than the bowl and the water would run out. The solution was to open the back of the toilet and raise the drain hose above the bowl, and water held. I used zip ties to do the job. I wrapped one tie around the pipe/hose and then added succeeding ties looped and then wrapped the final one around the furring strip that is attached to the coach wall to support the cabinet cover. When I tightened the zips enough, the pipe was drawn above the bowl and it held water.

The access to the back is to lift off the wooden cover directly behind the toilet that holds the piping and wiring - mine just pried off as it's siliconed on. When the job was done I used silicon again to glue it down.

I have photos, albeit not the best, but let me know if you need something more detailed.

Frank
Old 10-31-2016, 05:45 AM   #6

Frank

Thanks..... I knew the issue had been discussed before, and now that I read your post, I remember the solution that you found. I think the OP (PJL) is at the MotherShip right now so this may give his tech the solution.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:16 AM   #7
PJL

Frank,

Thanks for the info. Question, was your problem as sporadic as mine? Maybe, 1 in 10 or so flushes won't fill the bowl, while all others work fine.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:59 AM   #8

Sorry for the tardy response - no, my problem was permanent - just wouldn't hold water, but if that hose is "almost" level, you may get an intermittent problem.

Frank
Old 11-01-2016, 02:13 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I have a problem with the red indicator light coming on sporadically with a empty black tank. The sensors seem secure on the outside of the tank. Has anyone out there had a similar problem? Any ideas of a fix?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad Im no the only one having these issues...My 2016 Allegro RED has a Tecma Silence plus and it wont hold water either. I pulled the screws moved the toilet out enough to view the hoses and nothing has shifted...perhaps toilet paper probem ?
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HzrdUs View Post
I have a problem with the red indicator light coming on sporadically with a empty black tank. The sensors seem secure on the outside of the tank. Has anyone out there had a similar problem? Any ideas of a fix?
Yes, I've experienced this problem and it appears to be fixed now. One of the senior members (CRUZER) offered the solution if you can track it down. Essentially, there is an external sensor for the Tecma toilet separate from the black tank level sensors. The solution was to take a small putty knife and detach the red Tecma sensor and hang it in the wiring loom so that it is seeing nothing but air. The result is that it will never see red again - which is a good thing.

Here are his two posts:
The fuse in the panel is for the non-Tecma toilets. It's not used for the Tecmas. The Tecma has an auto-reset circuit breaker in the cabinetry behind the toilet. If you are getting panel lights, that's not the problem.

I did have that problem on one of our Tecmas (the 45A has two of them). But if you hold both buttons you can override the red LED and flush it anyway. However, you have to hold them for at least 6 seconds or else the override won't work.

The 2016 Tecma has a pair of external tank sensors that check for level. One is mounted at mid-tank level. Once the contents reach that point it turns the green LED into an amber LED. The second sensor is mounted up high on the tank and turns the LED red when the tank is that full. It also locks out the flush mechanism, unless you use the override method.

The problem is that the 2016 tanks are redesigned and have more of a tee shaped design. It gets hard for the black tank flush mechanism to get into that small section of the tee to thoroughly clean it out. Depending on the exact location of the self-adhesive sensor, it can be touchy to read.

The mid-tank (amber) sensor is optional and you can unplug it if you want. That will eliminate the amber half-tank warning. The green LED remains lit until you get to the red LED at a near-full tank. However, you can't unplug the sensor for the red LED. I thought you could but it stays red so I tried jumpering it but it still stays red. It turns out the sensor has some form of digital communication with thecontr9oller so you have to leave it connected. My solution was to take a putty knife and pry the sensor off of the tank. I then used nylon cable ties to attach it to the wiring loom in that area. The sensor is now "looking at air" and I never get any red LEDs. I monitor the SeeLevel system and dump it often enough that I really don't need that automatic shutdown.

By the way - the sensors are connected to the system via quick disconnect connectors. The cables are plenty long so they are wrapped up and wire tied in the area behind the wet bay panel. Just turn the two thumb knobs to remove the panel and you can easily get to everything. The putty knife took a bit of a reach to get to the front-top edge of the black tank but it was doable.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon

I did contact Entegra regarding my concern. But I didn't contact customer service. I emailed the electrical engineer who I worked with when initially working on the coach. He verified that I was on the right track as to how the system worked and also advised me that my "looking at air" idea (his words, not mine) would prevent the problem unless the sensor was bad.

The sensor is stuck onto the outside of the tank with some self-adhesive. By prying it off with a putty knife you won't be making any holes in the tank. Just work the putty knife (stiff blade) beneath the sensor. Once about halfway in, pry up and it'll pop off.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #12

We've had an issue with the toilet not adding water after a flush off and on for months. Works a few weeks then doesn't work for a few weeks until now not working at all. The culprit was the wall mounted control module.
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, ecm, toilet