Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2021, 06:05 AM   #1

Tecma not flushing

anyone had issue with the rear tecma toilet not flushing on travel days, thinking it gets heat soaked from the engine and causes it not to flush.

2 travel days flushed ok in the morning, but after stopping at days end no flush
multiple 12v resets
next morning always ok

2017 Cornerstone
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2021, 07:40 AM   #2
Community Moderator

What color is the light on the flush panel? Green, yellow, or red ?

If red, it thinks your tank is full, and so prohibits a flush. It uses a separate sensor than your main tank sensors I believe ?
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:53 AM   #3

I had a problem with a false red light. I fixed it by filling the black tank with clean water and adding a bunch on cleaner. I let it sit over night and then took it for a drive in hopes of cleaning the side walls of the tank. After I drained the tank, the problem was fixed.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #4

Green black tank empty, fresh water 1/2 full.
Generator running and shore power no difference.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:40 PM   #5

Another travel day, and its not flushing.
New info the 2 flush buttons the blue lights are flashing.
Its been about 3 hours still warm in the rear bathroom, will try in the morning I suspect it will cool down and work fine
Old 10-11-2021, 04:30 AM   #6

its morning and the Tecma flushes as it should
Old 10-11-2021, 05:30 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Try running the fan in the bathroom while traveling to remove some of the heat. We use the 1/2 bath while and after traveling as the rear bath is to hot for us. Could be for the toilets circuit board as well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:39 AM   #8

I'm traveling every 3-5 days and the heat in the rear engine compartment has never had anything to do with flushing the rear techma.... for 3.5 years now, so you may have a unique heat problem, but I don't think that I have ever read on this forum in ~7.5 years about another owner concerned about heat effects on their flushing process.

What doesn't it do? It tries to flush but you get no water? It does absolutely nothing? You get the motor running but nothing empties out of the toilet? You get water coming in, and motor running, but nothing empties? Give us some more information here?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I'm traveling every 3-5 days and the heat in the rear engine compartment has never had anything to do with flushing the rear techma.... for 3.5 years now, so you may have a unique heat problem, but I don't think that I have ever read on this forum in ~7.5 years about another owner concerned about heat effects on their flushing process.

What doesn't it do? It tries to flush but you get no water? It does absolutely nothing? You get the motor running but nothing empties out of the toilet? You get water coming in, and motor running, but nothing empties? Give us some more information here?

Gary

it does nothing
Old 10-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #10

Doing absolutely nothing sounds like you are getting no voltage. anywhere. You should always have a light that tells you how full the black tank is. If you get no light and you get no water in-rush or pump outflow, I'd be hauling out my digital voltmeter (DVM) and start looking for 12 volt voltages. Techma should be able to send you a complete wiring diagram. Their tech service probably has some good ideas also. With their schematic and Entegra sending you their schematic, I'd start from the source of the power and follow it through each step until you find where it goes bad.

It is certainly possible that you have a part: a relay, a simple physical connection at a solder joint, screw on terminal etc. , or switch that is heat sensitive, and when it gets warm, stops working. A digital volt meter with a ohm-meter included, and a wiring diagram (Schematic) should lead you right to the problem.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:53 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Doing absolutely nothing sounds like you are getting no voltage. anywhere. You should always have a light that tells you how full the black tank is. If you get no light and you get no water in-rush or pump outflow, I'd be hauling out my digital voltmeter (DVM) and start looking for 12 volt voltages. Techma should be able to send you a complete wiring diagram. Their tech service probably has some good ideas also. With their schematic and Entegra sending you their schematic, I'd start from the source of the power and follow it through each step until you find where it goes bad.

It is certainly possible that you have a part: a relay, a simple physical connection at a solder joint, screw on terminal etc. , or switch that is heat sensitive, and when it gets warm, stops working. A digital volt meter with a ohm-meter included, and a wiring diagram (Schematic) should lead you right to the problem.

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
Another travel day, and its not flushing.
New info the 2 flush buttons the blue lights are flashing.
Its been about 3 hours still warm in the rear bathroom, will try in the morning I suspect it will cool down and work fine

OP says blue lights…..so it’s getting power.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:54 PM   #12

I have the exact same symptoms with our Tecma rear toilet. Our problem began after our tailpipe extension fell of and caused heat damage to elements inside the rear cap ( melted light fixture, back up light, dryer vent cover etc.) our dryer doesn’t work (I suspect perhaps a thermal fuse has been blown) but surprisingly, because it is not directly adjacent to the engine compartment our toilet also does not flush after a trip if several hours duration until a coil down period has elapsed. Both panel lights flash until the system is cool enough to allow a flush to happen. Then the lights stop flashing and operation becomes normal. Sometimes it does take an overnight wait for this to happen. I have not torn into the electrical controls yet but a temperature sensitive connection or controller are what I will look for. I am only commenting to corroborate the story originally posted. No answers yet.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:36 AM   #13

I'm pretty sure the switch panel is the only electronic device in the circuit that would be affected by heat, I would throw a new one at it if I could confirm the issue has been fixed by the manufacturer.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:43 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I had an issue with ours flushing sometimes and not at other times.

I found the issue by moving the toilet away from the wall and moving the wires to the macerator motor while pushing one of the flush buttons. It turned out to be a bad connection somewhere inside the motor case. It was still under warranty, so Thetford sent me a new macerator. I replaced the old one with it and everything has been fine since.

It's not a difficult job.
Good luck.

Ken

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecm, tecma