Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2019, 07:39 PM   #2563

Entegra Owners Club
John. That is a great mod as I would love to do the same thing. What else did you use besides the 5” fence post
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 08:51 PM   #2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnail View Post
John. That is a great mod as I would love to do the same thing. What else did you use besides the 5” fence post
I used the post,end cap,the original access door assembly and made an adapter plate out of a dollar store plastic cutting board. I needed the adapter plate because I had to enlarge the opening in the plastic facing covering the propane bay to get the post cover to slide in. I also made two frames in the shape of an "H" to support the tube and attached them to the existing steel cross bracing under the coach. The frames we're made from scrap aluminum fence pieces I had laying around. Attachment 245408
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:11 AM   #2565

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks John

This is a great mod and now on my list
Old 05-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #2566

Entegra Owners Club
Nice job John. Think I will copy your mod. The existing one has never made any sense to me. This would free-up the space I keep a container holding the hoses in the AH/Electric wheel space so I can store some other "stuff".
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #2567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Nice job John. Think I will copy your mod. The existing one has never made any sense to me. This would free-up the space I keep a container holding the hoses in the AH/Electric wheel space so I can store some other "stuff".
Thanks!...I don't have time to modify the space further at the moment but I have a design roll'in around in my head for a cubby for additional sewer stuff built into that area as well...plenty of room,just don't want to overload the bay weight wise.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #2568

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Or any ladder. I'm thinking strap a section of carpet on the section of ladder with bungee cord in the area it will contact the coach. Haven't tried it out, but will do that before trying it.

Pool noodles work well and are cheap and they can be cut to fit most anything.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:36 PM   #2569

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse1 View Post
I just completed this change on my 2015 Aspire. One of my pet peeves is the way the sewer hose storage is handled...it makes no sense to me to store sewage items and fresh water items in the same bay but as is the norm with RVs Entegra provided a
sewer hose storage tube up front with the propane tank. This tube is less than 2 foot long and at 4 " around it won't accept a standard hose with fittings. So I've removed the original, modified the door assembly to accept a 5" fence post cover and installed it in the same area as the original. Now it's 5' 6" long and easily holds 20' of hose with fittings attached....and there is room in that space for 2 more tubes should I ever need to add.

First pic is original tube

Second is modified and created parts

Third is space to work with

Fourth is installedAttachment 245393Attachment 245394Attachment 245395Attachment 245396
John, I have a 2017 Aspire 44B without the propane. Does your sewer slot sit above the hydraulics unit for the jacks? I think my gas tank is in the way. I had a thread going on Facebook group Friends of Entegra as I wanted to do the same thing. Just had not found a place to run a 6-7 foot piece of fence post. I will have to look at mine again once it gets out of the shop.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #2570

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwhite View Post
John, I have a 2017 Aspire 44B without the propane. Does your sewer slot sit above the hydraulics unit for the jacks? I think my gas tank is in the way. I had a thread going on Facebook group Friends of Entegra as I wanted to do the same thing. Just had not found a place to run a 6-7 foot piece of fence post. I will have to look at mine again once it gets out of the shop.
On my model the fuel tank ends with approximately 1 1/2 ft of air space before the wall of the first storage bay on the driver's side. My tube rests in this void. I don't know what space is available on a non propane 44b but mine has a plastic fascia across the face of the propane tank area just behind the drivers side front wheel which made it easy for me to scope out the area. My available length for a straight tube was 5' 6" it's enough for my 20' hose with fitting attached to happily live there....to get a longer tube in (8') you'd have to put a bend in the tube and head forward along side the fuel tank toward the jack... certainly doable,just not needed at the moment.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #2571

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse1 View Post
On my model the fuel tank ends with approximately 1 1/2 ft of air space before the wall of the first storage bay on the driver's side. My tube rests in this void. I don't know what space is available on a non propane 44b but mine has a plastic fascia across the face of the propane tank area just behind the drivers side front wheel which made it easy for me to scope out the area. My available length for a straight tube was 5' 6" it's enough for my 20' hose with fitting attached to happily live there....to get a longer tube in (8') you'd have to put a bend in the tube and head forward along side the fuel tank toward the jack... certainly doable,just not needed at the moment.
So your sewer storage must have been at the rear of the propane tank. Since the removal of the propane tank, that area is now a storage bay and they moved the sewer storage tube to the front so my gas tank is directly behind it. Oh well, will keep looking for somewhere to mount a tube to get it out of the storage bay.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #2572

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just ordered two, thanks for the link...…………...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SLDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:58 AM   #2573

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Here's the link to the product at Griot's.

FuelGuard - Car Accessories - In Your Garage - Griot's Garage
Thanks for the link, just ordered two...…………………..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SLDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #2574

Radiator Fins

Our 2015 Aspire 39e side radiator fin edges had some chips in the paint from road debris. I wanted to improve the appearance so I went to Autozone and purchased some edge trim for $12 each. The install was super simple and took two packages of edge trim. The trim does have some adhesive in it to hold it in place. I am very happy with the results.
2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:08 PM   #2575

2Nailz,

Nice touch, a good way to cover the chips yet subtle enough to make people ask... "where did you get the radiator grille cover at?"
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:03 PM   #2576

Entegra Owners Club
Looks great