Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 05:30 AM   #673

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
I hooked it right in to the factory wiring. You solder your own power and ground wire on, so I made it long enough to reach one of the factory lights.

Comes on when I turn on the main switch. I just ordered the door switches and will change it to those. Open any door on that side and the strip will turn on.
Thanks, they are on order.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Holes are covered and painted so not to be an eye sore... But was told they in fact are there
I totally agree, the ladder is a waste. Also very ugly on beautiful bus.

Thanks,
Chef Michael
43' Allergo Bus
Full Timing since March, 2008
Retired Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #675

I find it awefully hard to believe that a cornerstone did not come stock with a bedroom ceiling fan??
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #676

Entegra Owners Club
Made a simple backflow preventer for the black tank flush line that is connected to a Y at my fresh water inlet. Took a $5.50 hose faucet backflow preventer with vacuum relief and clear siliconed the relief holes. It is now a one way flow valve with no water spraying into the basement when the water is turned off.

The black water is now triple protected, the backflow preventer under the sink, the inline I just installed and the off knob on the Y connection.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #677

Very nice work Chuck. What is the length of the two short hoses?

Peter Collins
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #678

Entegra Owners Club
The one going to the black tank was the factory installed fresh water hose that had a bad taste so I moved it to the black tank flush. The new fresh water inlet hose was a drinking water hose I had, held it up to where it looked good without any kinks and cut it and put a plastic hose end on it. So to answer your question....it's about that long
Old 07-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #679

Entegra Owners Club
Finding in my P/S front compartment still had some room for storage containers after installing my tool box, shop vac etc. I had material left over from Pat's basement shelf mod so I built a couple of shelves for storage containers. The front one is my dirty diesel fueling gloves and one of my "free"volt meters (Harbor Freight), things I seem to use everyday. The other box is my small box of air tools that is always lost some where. The boxes are held to the carpet with stick-on Velcro hook tape and do not slide around.

I know the "L" brackets need to be darker tan, but that is what I had on hand I will find some darker paint as I will probably add a few more of these handy shelves. Next one will probably be spare water filters above the water filters on the back wall.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #680

We ditched the daisy in our 44B replaced it with a 20 dollar Walmart mirror. Now we can both watch the news during dinner. Adds a real challenge to Wheel of Fortune. Sorry tried to add a picture but can't figure it out on the IPad.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #681

Entegra Owners Club
Left Precision last night after having some work done. Some of it we have seen here before - we added the hush kits and max fan covers
Attachment 67637Attachment 67638
We also added a second pull out shelf to the cabinet we use for pots and pans (Aspires have the cabinet, in the Anthems it's your dishwasher)
Attachment 67640
Then we worked with Precision to put a desk in the space formerly occupied by our loveseat (which is now living inside our S&B). It's the first time they have done one so we worked together on the design. There were some tense moments but, overall, we are really pleased with the results. We have a large desk that fits our needs perfectly. We included a lot of storage overall with dedicated drawers for our printer and file storage. The top is finished with Corian that matches our interior so it blends beautifully. The notch in the top accommodates the EuroLounger when the slides are in and becomes a really comfy place to watch TV or read when the desk is not in use. We added a extra outlet and had two access ports cut in the top to accommodate cords. I can hardly wait to load it up with all our "stuff."
Attachment 67647Attachment 67648Attachment 67649Attachment 67650
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #682

Entegra Owners Club
The desk looks great but I don't understand how the chair will work since it is on the elevated slideout. When you pull it out to a desk position it will be half on and half off the slideout floor. If you pull it out to the main floor it looks like it will be too far from the desk for comfortable use. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Left Precision last night after having some work done. Some of it we have seen here before - we added the hush kits and max fan covers
Attachment 67637Attachment 67638
We also added a second pull out shelf to the cabinet we use for pots and pans (Aspires have the cabinet, in the Anthems it's your dishwasher)
Attachment 67640
Then we worked with Precision to put a desk in the space formerly occupied by our loveseat (which is now living inside our S&B). It's the first time they have done one so we worked together on the design. There were some tense moments but, overall, we are really pleased with the results. We have a large desk that fits our needs perfectly. We included a lot of storage overall with dedicated drawers for our printer and file storage. The top is finished with Corian that matches our interior so it blends beautifully. The notch in the top accommodates the EuroLounger when the slides are in and becomes a really comfy place to watch TV or read when the desk is not in use. We added a extra outlet and had two access ports cut in the top to accommodate cords. I can hardly wait to load it up with all our "stuff."
Attachment 67647Attachment 67648Attachment 67649Attachment 67650
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #683

Entegra Owners Club
It's really not too far away - I end up putting a pillow behind my back but that's more because of the type of chair rather than the distance. The biggest problem that we have is that the chair is a little low. We are going to see if anyone makes a height extension for this type of chair. Rick really wanted the lounger but for some others a different chair might work better.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #684

Entegra Owners Club
NICE upgrades Linda. I changed the loveseat in the Travel Supreme to a desk as well and loved it. The Anthem might get changed as time goes on. I do miss the Euro recliner, but I will see if I get use to the loveseat in the Anthem. I am just now getting to the "desk draw" boxes and trying to figure where those items are going to go.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #685

Lazy Boy for a love seat in anthem RBQ

Traded a love seat for a lazy-boy in 2013 anthem RBQ now I have to fight the DW for that spot!Attachment 67667

Attachment 67668

Attachment 67669

Attachment 67673

Attachment 67674
beengood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #686

Entegra Owners Club
Very nice, Linda - it was great meeting you and Rick at Precision.