Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #855
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That explains the outstanding OEM look.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #856

5 Bunks + Storage Cornerstone 45K

My wife & I have 8 children (ages 15 - 2) and were looking to start traveling with the family. In April, we located a 2013 Cornerstone 45k (RBQ) which was dealer overstock and proceeded very quickly to have it modified to add enough bunks to sleep everyone.

A local RV company removed the rear vanity and added 3 bunks. Then modified the closet to add another 2 bunks. There are 2 end cabinets inside the closet bunks used for clothing. The great thing about modifying a recent coach is that the installer was able to order all of the matching woodwork, paneling, and cabinet doors from Entegra.

Worked out great for the summer trips!
xtechgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #857

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
T J Allison works in the cabinet shop at The Tiffin Repair Service Center in Red Bay, AL. He did all the mods "after hours." He came to our rig after it was built and waiting to be shipped to the dealer we purchased it through. He got all of the measurements and after we picked up the rig in Florida we drove it back to Red Bay 2 weeks later and he had everything built and ready to install except the Medicine Cabinet for the rear bath, he did that on a second trip through Red Bay about a month later.

Tiffin maintains a list of "after-hours" employees and what types of work they do. You call them after work and they come to your rig or you take it to where they have a personal shop to work on your rig. They purchase all the items they need (wood, doors, stain, etc in our case) directly from Tiffin, so it's the same grade and quality as what the rig is manufactured using. It is VERY reasonably priced too. TJ does excellent work.
What an awesome idea, not to mention the extra income for the employee and the added uptick in PR for the company. Who knew?
Old 09-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #858

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtechgeek View Post
My wife & I have 8 children (ages 15 - 2) and were looking to start traveling with the family. In April, we located a 2013 Cornerstone 45k (RBQ) which was dealer overstock and proceeded very quickly to have it modified to add enough bunks to sleep everyone.

A local RV company removed the rear vanity and added 3 bunks. Then modified the closet to add another 2 bunks. There are 2 end cabinets inside the closet bunks used for clothing. The great thing about modifying a recent coach is that the installer was able to order all of the matching woodwork, paneling, and cabinet doors from Entegra.

What a great mod to get the family out to see the country. In all my looking at alternatives for floor plans, this shows what can be done when a person wants to go mobile. Congrats!
DLaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #859
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Looks like they did a great job.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #860

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Nice work on this family mod.

What was the ballpark cost of the work?

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #861

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Great mod to accommodate a large family! When they get all grown up, it will time to refurbish!
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #862

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations xtechgeek on making the coach work for you!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #863

Entegra Owners Club
Added LED light to the water bay

I have a lot of leftover waterproof LED's from the step lights, so I added a strip to the lower, dark part of the water bay. They're blue, but at least it's light.

I covered the bottom of the 1/2 backing board with metallic duct tape so the lights would have good adhesion. Photo #1

Loosen the corner brace to slide the wire behind the channel and over to the trigger switch. Photo #2

There is now a strip of bright white LED's at the top of the wet bay, and blue waterproof in the lower area that was still dark. Photo #3
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have a lot of leftover waterproof LED's from the step lights, so I added a strip to the lower, dark part of the water bay. They're blue, but at least it's light.

I covered the bottom of the 1/2 backing board with metallic duct tape so the lights would have good adhesion. Photo #1

Loosen the corner brace to slide the wire behind the channel and over to the trigger switch. Photo #2

There is now a strip of bright white LED's at the top of the wet bay, and blue waterproof in the lower area that was still dark. Photo #3
Chuck, if you ever run short on money you can lease your mh out as a Bordello. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #865

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Chuck, if you ever run short on money you can lease your mh out as a Bordello. Noel
Wouldn't he need red lights for that??
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #866

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
I won't repeat what the DW said If it's too much, it's just one wire to unplug from the trigger switch to disconnect them. Isn't there a TV show called "Pimp My Ride"? Maybe I can get a spot on it. I do wish I would have had some white LED's left over.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #867

Entegra Owners Club
Obviously they're blue...its a water bay
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #868

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
Obviously they're blue...its a water bay
Good one!!! I'll tell that to the DW At least it is lit.