Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #2675

Hello Rick;

I believe you can tap 12v power from the back of the radio but I’m not that smart so I used the 110v outlet for the tv. (You can unscrew the speakers and radio and drill down from “inside” to hide the wiring for a cleaner look) if you got that route.
We tend to sit out with iPads and stuff so having extra outlets and USB outlets was better for us. Globe makes small and narrow power strips that fit nicely on the “shelf”.

Drilled down through the “shelf” and ran the wires. This is the light kit I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got lucky on the LED power cord length that is connects to the white receiver controller. On the Aspire, looking from underneath at the slide, there is a “pocket” on the far right. I was able to tuck the white receiver into that area and to ran the LED lights across the slide frame. This particular MFGR. Uses 3M adhesive backing so it is super sticky. Cut strips to length.

Glad to supply more photos if you like.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2021, 11:48 AM   #2676

Another mod, as done by others-THANKS!

Converted this wasted space on our 2014 Aspire.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0218.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	319498Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	422.4 KB
ID:	319499

Can’t believe EC thought Aspire owners would not need easy access to this space....
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:46 PM   #2677

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
I zip tied a pool noodle over the top. I have been using it for several years now.

Just bought the rubber top made for these. I think I scratched the paint with the zip ties.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #2678

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Attachment 319367Attachment 319368Attachment 319369

2014 Aspire 44b. Playing catch up to everyone who did these mods...Thank You!
Added LED lights to PS slide.
Automated the bay door lights.
As nice as it is to have extra light when we can’t put the awning out, not having to fumble with finding the light switch for a bay is [emoji106]

The last mod I did not take a photo of but drove DW crazy. Our bedroom pocket door would rattle depending on how we were leveled. I used a standard magnetic drawer closure and attached one to the door and the inside of the bedroom wall. When the door is open, the magnet has just enough holding power to keep the door from rattling.

And I agree, this thread should not be buried in the stickies but should have its own topic line so more folks can find it. It’s a great thread for Classic owners.

Thanks again to All who contributed with great mods.

Very good looking.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #2679

Entegra Owners Club
What would be the replacement for the shades beside the driver?
2012 Aspire 42DEQ.
Archambault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:42 PM   #2680

Rather than going through the hassle of replacing the shade, you could buy a 2021 or 2022 DEQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archambault View Post
2012 Aspire 42DEQ.
Stu and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:29 AM   #2681

Quote:
2012 Aspire 42DEQ.

Welcome to the forum!

I'd try Entegra customer support. They could give you part numbers and manufacturer. Probably sell it to you as well but at a price. However the phone advice from them is free and usually very helpful. BTW, our 2017 has MCD shades, but I think the older classics had another manufacturer.

FYI, you would probably get more replies with a new thread rather than this old thread that is kind of buried.

Steve
Old 05-16-2021, 06:58 AM   #2682

Quote:
2012 Aspire 42DEQ.
Seriously though, if you'd like to do something other than OEM shades you might put up cloth curtains that way you can choose what they look like, what material to use.

Here's a way from Amazon to hang them:

https://www.amazon.com/Z-COLOR-Plast...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Stu and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #2683

Quote:
2012 Aspire 42DEQ.
Look at MCD innovations website. It is a DIY Change
bfridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #2684

Here's my fix for the gap that's formed when the carpeted slide out is extended. I hated the way our chair legs always would find a way to become lopsided by falling in the gap.
Fortunately, my wife wanted an area rug to place under the table and be removable for cleaning. I cut the new rug to fit the space and then used a red oak board 1"x 2 1/2"x 7' . I beveled the board to fit the valley and flush across the gap. I used a heavy duty roof repair tape (pro flex) to stick the board to the underside of the new rug to ensure it will stay in position. When we travel the rug gets rolled onto the slide and the dining chairs hold it in place. When stopped we just kick the rug out and the fill strip falls right into place. We've had this for 3 years now and it's still working well! No more aggravation!!

John
2015 Aspire 44bClick image for larger version

Name:	20210703_201648.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	334646Click image for larger version

Name:	20210703_201826.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	334645Click image for larger version

Name:	20210703_201946.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	334647
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:20 AM   #2685
YC1

Great idea.

Perhaps they left a piece out when they installed the slide. Mine has a heavy piece of plastic that is under the carpet and it slides over the gap when the slide is out.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:05 PM   #2686

AC Vents mounted with magnets

I found a previous post about installing magnets on the vent covers but the links/pictures were not available and I could not understand the process.
We have a 2014 Anthem.
I took the vent covers off and on the underside there are existing spots on each corner that I drilled holes. I then reinstalled the vent covers and used a drill to drill holes through the 4 holes in the vent into the ceiling to mark the center location of the magnets.
I cut some sheet metal 2" wide by 7" long and set the metal on the vent and drilled 2 holes in the metal as close to the edge as I could. I cut the first 2 out of a sheet of metal but then went to a metal retailer and bought 2 pieces 2"x96" long (minimum length was 96"). Our ceiling has 2 layers of thin plywood so I could insert the metal between the 2 sheets of plywood.
I ordered RA22CS-P-N52 magnets from K and J Magnetics. I then used 1/2" 6x32 counter sunk screws and acorn nuts to attach the magnets to the vents. The pieces of metal required me to put the magnet on the screw and then put a nut on as a spacer, insert the bolt/magnet through the piece of metal, then washer/lock washer and hex nut (not to tight as I broke one magnet).
I then used a hole saw and used the pilot holes in the ceiling to drill through the ceiling to make room for the magnets. I ran the drill backwards to get through the vinyl roof layer. Drilling the holes through the ceiling was the most difficult part as Entegra did not center the vents on the ceiling so some of the pilot holes weren't easy to drill with the hole saw. If I was going to do this again I would make a pattern out of plywood with rectangular hole where the vent is and then use vise grips to center on the hole to more accurately drill the holes.
Once this was all done I slipped the metal with magnets between the 2 pieces of plywood. I had to put one corner in and then push the plywood slightly apart to get the second magnet in place. They self center with the holes from the hole saw.
The vent covers snap in place and so far have not fallen off and we go down some rough roads.
I did not keep exact costs but everything was about $300 with the magnets being the most expensive.
I have pictures of everything but don't know how to post them.
wg123howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:10 AM   #2687

Love reading about all of the different mods. We are new owners of a 2014 Anthem . The previous owners removed the dishwasher and left essentially an open space with a shelf. Looking for recommendations for someone to make and install a door. I see that many of you reference Lazy Days. Will they work on a coach that was not purchased from them for these types of modifications.
Currently on the east coast until November then headed to California so can travel to have the work done.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:21 AM   #2688

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Manager View Post
Love reading about all of the different mods. We are new owners of a 2014 Anthem . The previous owners removed the dishwasher and left essentially an open space with a shelf. Looking for recommendations for someone to make and install a door. I see that many of you reference Lazy Days. Will they work on a coach that was not purchased from them for these types of modifications.

Currently on the east coast until November then headed to California so can travel to have the work done.

We have a 2013 Anthem and have owned it since new. Last year we redid the inside of the coach with a different layout and used a company called Wood Design in Nappanee, IN. They do amazing work and I would highly recommend them. Their phone number is: (574) 773-4911

Address: 13269 North 700 West
Nappanee IN 46550

Since you will be in California for the winter you should come to our rally in Quartzsite, AZ. It is just 20 miles from California off the 10 freeway. It is usually around January 20th and lasts 10 days. We get around 60 coaches there each year and it is a lot of fun.

If you are interested send an email to: Gary.Jones@LSUS.edu.