Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2017, 11:08 PM   #1

Test Drove Cornerstone

While getting repairs, I decided to look at a left over new 17 Cornerstone "B" floorplan. Always dreamed about owning one. After a lengthy test drive, I was impressed with the overall performance, especially hill climbing. However, I will be keeping my Anthem. After installing Koni shocks all the way around on my Anthem and having a quality all wheel alignment I felt my Anthem rode better than the Cornerstone. Would love to try a Cornerstone outfitted with Koni shocks and proper tire inflation to compare ride comfort. Just my opinion.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2017, 11:34 PM   #2

If the Cornerstone is supposed to be higher quality and also have better handling and ride I would think that the the chassis would be upgraded and difficult to match with the Anthem, just by adding shocks and an alignment. Just my thoughts.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #3

Interesting comment.. always thought the k3 chassis was supposed to be a even more upgraded ride.

I got the konis on my front end of my anthem (new version 99b) it rides really well I think also ..

I also have thoughts of a cornerstone upgrade.. as they always say... you gotta test drive everything ..( my wife lives by this theory) as I have never drove a cornerstone.
maybe it wouldn't feel any better than the anthem..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
As a recent "convertee" from a 2015 Anthem (which we liked a lot) we decided late January to upgrade to a 2017 cornerstone 45B. While the Anthem drove/rode well, IMHO it doesn't compare to the ride and handling of the K3 chassis with the Hadley air suspension and the 600hp ISX. It took about 6,000 miles for me to truly come to appreciate the difference, and it is subtle, but it's there.
We bought the cornerstone for other reasons than the K3/600hp, but I am noow VERY glad we did. The bilstein shocks still give a bit more front end rebound on washboard highways than I like, and I may upgrade the front shocks to the big Koni's at some point, but for now, it is sweet! It is a big $$ nut to crack in dollar difference Anthem to Cornerstone, but I should have listened to the old admonishment " buy your last MH first"! ;-))
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test