RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #1

RV Trip Wizard
Test Drove the Cornerstone!!

My husband and I have been pouring over and over threads in here and elsewhere, and have been going back and forth between the cornerstone and the anthem. We are actual total newbies to the whole MH thing-- have our 43' sailboat for sale and looking for a change. One of the major issues we have is------we don't want to buy something and exchange in a year or two (really about 10). And we want a warranty. We test drove the Cornerstone today-- and I could cuss a lot but it was just pretty .. awesome. We were left by ourselves to go and discover and there was not a thing we didn't like. As of now we have sold our pretty nice waterfront home, a couple cars, etc, and we really are looking at the biggest bang for our buck. We don't want to wish we had purchased another, since it ends up just being a lot more eventually just in sales tax! LOL, but seriously, we want a great coach that we are going to keep for up to 10 years and have the least amount of problems and after reading so much-- have to say Entegra seems to be just awesome. Not that we expect perfection, just a company to help stand behind their name. Noticed a lot of people have upgraded from the Anthem to the Cornerstone, and there must be a reason why.
Our sales agent told us a couple times it was just a lot of money. My answer basically was how we don't want to have to upgrade. My husband is a horsepower junky and would be MAD seeing a Cornerstone (or anything else) passing him. We met a couple who had their MH in service and loved their MH--but it was their 3rd one in 5years!! That is what we want to avoid--kinda think that is actually more expensive to just continually upgrade- am I wrong on that? Ultimately, we were so impressed. Spent our day at Lazydays in Tampa (as we have done before) and went on lots of different coaches, but none in our own heads compared. We have to wait for a bit, but we would have total faith in the Cornerstone. I am sold.

Does anyone have any bad experience? Lol, you know we really want to hear the all about the good ones (but need to hear about the other)!!

Monica
DavenMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tiffin

Do you look at the Tiffin Zephyr? Can't beet the quality and stand behind their product.
WBBB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

Go to Independence RV or RvOne in Tampa and compare the Newmar products to make sure You are getting enough information to make an informed decision.Lazy Days does not sell Newmar. If You don't mind traveling,go to Not Trails in Fort Myers.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We don't have a Cornerstone but have friends who do. Just a few thoughts.

We're on or third coach in 5 years. I don't think the sales tax was a big deal. If we had bought a CS first, I'm not sure we'd have known what we were doing. Floorplan is everything. If we'd spent that kind of money learning, I am sure we would not have been happy when we decided we wanted something different.

First coach was a Discovery, second a Phaeton. Tiffin has good customer service and we were nervous about leaving them - or at least Bob. Entegra is way over the top. I can't say enough good about their support. When we had the Discovery, our support came from our dealer. It was just OK. With the Phaeton, we used Red Bay a lot and they were very good. Red Bay isn't a place I'd want to spend time in though.

Entegra has the great phone support and if you need to go to Middlebury, it is at least a fun place - except in the winter. Amish food and lots to do.

Some have had a bad experience with Lazy Days. We didn't, but that may be just the luck of the draw. We took advantage of the Crown Club but that wouldn't be part of a decision process for us.

I hear good things about Newmar and like their coaches. We got comfortable with Entegra and found a floorplan we love. (44SL)

Every coach will have issues. How you are treated and how the issues are resolved is what matters.

I agree that you should visit RV One in Tampa to look at the Newmars and Orlando to look at their Entegra operation. We've heard nothing good about North Trail.

I am sure I've aggravated a lot of folks, but since you asked, I thought I'd throw out our experience. Since my so-called friends have Cornerstones, they ask why I don't upgrade. Simple - There is no SL floorplan, and we're happy as is!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #5

Monica n Dave,

In your research, look at different manufacturers and different floor plans so you can be 100% sure what you want and need in a coach. It took us two years of research to make our decision. Also look at back office support after the sale and warranty. You are on the right track and when you find the one, you will know it.

I have a friend who purchased three coaches in one year to find the one he really wanted and that fit all his needs.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Reasons for Cornerstone over Anthem:
1. K3 Chassis
2. Hadley Air System
3. ISX 600 HP, 1850 pound-feet torque
4. Allison 4000
5. Granite countertops

I'm sure others will come up with more.

If hubby is a power "junky", he will be much happier with ISX over ISL @ 450 HP.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Dutch Star David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I'm on my fourth coach.....and I think, my last one.

Damon Chateau
Damon Essence (think Super Tuscanny)
Tiffin Phaeton
Entegra Aspire

We finally have our last coach. Best bang for the buck in the industry. We didn't want the bling and frills of the "super deluxe" coaches with all the fancy stuff....didn't need the huge engine that could climb any mountain at top speed and pass all the trucks with a 24' loaded double-stacker trailer. We just wanted a solid fundamental coach with the comforts of home, free of the higher-tech gizmos that create "service opportunities."

I'm not going to downgrade my first 3 coaches or their manufacturers. They all worked, and they were progressively each one better than the one before. Instead, our thinking on the Aspire was pretty basic. It's got all the systems and level of technology that we need. It's proven tech that is solid over the long haul. (In our minds, that means it will probably have fewer hiccups or hithertofor undocumented features that require professional intervention.) We ARE on a budget...and we are generally pretty frugal folks. We figured the difference in price between the Aspire and the Anthem would fund ALL of our improvements and custom mods to adapt the coach to our lifestyle, buy a couple of sets of tires, and still buy LOTS of diesel fuel and extended camping trips and caravans.

So far, we've spent about $6k on mods....and we'll probably spend an additional $12K over the life of our ownership (not counting tires). We'll probably have two additional sets of tires....about $20K. That still doesn't get us to the cost of an Anthem. OK, I don't go but about 40mph up the big mountain grades....I can live with that....I'm retired and kinda slow anyway. No we don't have a dishwasher, but we've got lots of storage....and we still only wash 2 place settings. No we don't have the fancy awnings that become sails in the wind....nor do we have the liability....but I can use mine almost all the time, rather than having to have still air and pray there aren't any gusty flair ups. No, we don't even have that extra half bath, but then, neither one of us lives in the bathroom....we share well! We opted for the larger salon as that's where we spend our time. We maxed that out. But, ya know, we have all the rest of the "comforts" of home. And that's good enough.

We chose the Entegra brand because of the SOLID engineering in both the chassis and the house, the craftsmanship, the fantastic insulation values, the two-year warranty, the fact that it's a privately held company, and for their fantastic customer service. The package from the factory had almost everything we wanted/needed...and the integration of all the systems is remarkably smooth and straightforward. Is it perfect.......NO! Is it so bad I'd get rid of it..."oh heavens no!"

It's easy on the eyes. It's frugal. It goes. It stops. It's dependable. And it's extraordinarily comfortable, both in the driving/riding and in the living when we get there. What more could we ask for?

Pat

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
IMHO, Pat said it best. We have a little computer desk on order from Bradd & Hall. That will free up room on the dinette. We enjoy small improvements as the months go by and we interact with other Entegra owners wherever we encounter them including this forum. Although we get a lot of compliments on our coach, it is our own satisfaction that really matters.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Well said Pat!
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #10

RV Trip Wizard
Thanks for all your replies!

We have looked at lots of coaches, Newmars among them- and the Tiffin Zephyr! And yes, we are going to take another look at EVERYTHING before we do actually plunk $$ down.
Totally agree floor plans are of total importance-- coming from sailboats we are all about optimizing our space! For us we know that the 44B/45B layout is what we want.
CS is just beautiful. Yes, a lot of $$ which is why we will continue to look and research- but phew- just so impressive!

Thanks!

Monica
DavenMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavenMonica View Post
My husband is a horsepower junky

Monica
Ahh... A man after my own heart. The Cornerstone won't disappoint.

I recently moved up from a 350 ISB and, always seemed to have to flog the motor and pay attention to power management and temperatures (especially when climbing hills). No more. The 600 ISX just loafs along at around 1450 rpm and scoffs at any hills.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like you are doing the proper research, and by doing so you will make the right choice. For us we started with a used 2004 American Coach Eagle. We wanted to see if the Motorhome lifestyle was for us. We'll we were hooked. Two years later we decided to buy new, and after touring the Fleetwood, Newmar, and Entegra factories, it was a hands down choice for the Entegra Anthem. Now 14 months later we decided to upgrade to the CS with a delivery date of Nov. 4th. Our Athem is Ebony Blaze with the RBQ floor plan. The new CS is Cyeanne exterior, natural cherry wood with the Moca interior 45 B floor plan. Customer service is 2nd to none, and warranty period is the best in the industry! JMHO

Good luck!

Ike & Dianne
2015 Cornerstone on order.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #13

Just another thought for comparison: I am in south Texas and gets very hot here. We also did a lot of research including Tiffin, Winnebago, American Coach, Newmar, etc. For our experience, Entegra was by far the most insulated from the heat and outside noise. The construction build items you don't see (insulation, frame support, etc.) contribute to making it a great coach. And although we began the upgrading process without $ being a major consideration, the bang for the buck for the Entegra Anthem was an unexpected gift! Entegra was our last one to research and we wrote a check that day as we were satisifed with our due diligence. Tommy
Ourrvtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #14

Second the comment on the insulation. I half-time in my motorhome in West TX were it gets scorching hot. For the first time in my RV experience (five different) I am completely satisfied. There's is a limit as to what you can do with window insulation & non-existent shade. No substitute for good coach insulation and BTUs.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote