Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Chuck,
If memory serves, FL and GA have reciprocity agreements. Double check with NIRV but they should be able to transfer your current tags to the new coach and submit the appropriate paperwork to FL.
Thanks Linda, I did speak with the title agent at NIRVC yesterday, she is going to also be checking.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqmiller View Post
Brobox,
Do you have any idea (approximate) what the annual tag/registration fees will be in FL on your new Cornerstone? Curious as we may be relocating to FL...later this year.

Thanks!

Quinton
Don't have a clue. On the Classic it was $437.15 title and plate transfer fee. State sales tax is 6%

When I go up to DMV, I will ask them, but that won't be for a week or so.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #17

Thank you sir ! My online research concurs with that info. The only gotcha is the $225 fee (one time) for coming into the state. I feel the annual fees are pretty reasonable when compared to other states.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqmiller View Post
Thank you sir ! My online research concurs with that info. The only gotcha is the $225 fee (one time) for coming into the state. I feel the annual fees are pretty reasonable when compared to other states.
The $225. would be new plate fee, mine was transferred from the previous MH. I have been transferring that plate since 2003 saving the new plate fee. Annual license fee is about $54. a year, very resolvable. No other fees on top of license plate fees.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:15 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
In Colorado the first year license plates were $17,000....The second year was 14,000....Fee’s are based on MSRP,and not what you actually paid. By the fourth year they will be around $10,000...[emoji15]
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
In Colorado the first year license plates were $17,000....The second year was 14,000....Fee’s are based on MSRP,and not what you actually paid. By the fourth year they will be around $10,000...[emoji15]
In Tn first and subsequent years are $45-95 depending on county. If disabled vet permanent registration and two free license plates, no yearly renewal.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:10 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
They must have gone crazy on taxing after I left. I had problems with them after I moved wanting state income taxes for years I was no longer there after surrender my business license. I can just imagine what they did with luxury vehicle owners.

The old bumper stickers in the 80's read. "Don't Californicate Colorado" Looks like they did.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
They must have gone crazy on taxing after I left. I had problems with them after I moved wanting state income taxes for years I was no longer there after surrender my business license. I can just imagine what they did with luxury vehicle owners.

The old bumper stickers in the 80's read. "Don't Californicate Colorado" Looks like they did.

Same in Utah...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
In Tn first and subsequent years are $45-95 depending on county. If disabled vet permanent registration and two free license plates, no yearly renewal.

You can get disabled vet tags for RVs in Texas only if the weigh less than 18,001 pounds.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnhill View Post
I purchased my Aspire in Georgia last month and went today to pay for registration and license fees. Learned a couple of things:

1. The temporary tag from Georgia was good for over a month, so I planned on registering in Texas sometime before it expired. If you wait more than 30 days from purchase to register in Texas, there is a Penalty of $750.00. This is true even you do not come back to Texas before the expiration of 30 days.

2. I was charged a diesel fee of 1% of the net purchase price. In Texas RV’s are exempt from this fee. I looked it up and was able to have that fee removed.

We bought and picked up our Cornerstone in Georgia. The dealer, NIRVC, took care of applying for Texas tags. Since I paid sales tax in Georgia I didn’t have to pay it again in Texas. Don’t know which state has the highest sales tax on a vehicle.

I did have to get the coach inspected in Texas which was done at NIRVC in Lewisville.

Hopefully they knew about not paying the 1% diesel fee since they have a dealership in Texas.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:45 AM   #25

Thanks for the info on the 1% emission fees. I printed it off and will visit the taxing office later today, and request a refund. Will let you know the outcome.

Allen
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:17 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Duane, good post you started. It got a lot of us thinking about title and tags before just leaving it up to the dealer. In your state a 1% fee that it seems many (including some dealers) are not aware of. Well worth having the DMV info in hand before sitting down with dealers for closing. Most dealers charge a title and transfer fee, might as well make sure we are getting what we are paying for. Good heads up, thanks.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Registration in NC was easy but not cheap. Good news is sales tax is limited to $2500 and tag fee is nominal. Bad news is they changed the rule to charge property tax immediately instead of starting after the first year.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcpl View Post
Thanks for the info on the 1% emission fees. I printed it off and will visit the taxing office later today, and request a refund. Will let you know the outcome.

Allen
Awesome, if you have any problem with the county office, request the number of thr regional office. My county office had to call for clarification on the exemption to the fee.

Duane
dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, texas